Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Top 3 Strongest Untwinked Builds

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Baal, Mar 5, 2004.

1. Baal

Baal IncGamers Member

Top 3 Strongest Untwinked Builds

ok - i'm looking for the top 3 builds that can survive in hell - and do mf runs well... and are untwinked

i've done nightfish's guide for the necromancer - and i found some great eq along the way and made it to hell. but it got very boring... as i was literally doing nothing... i would raise some skele's then just watch them kill things - i felt useless and pointless... so i'd like something that feels like i've earned where i am....

so to sum up

-Can survive hell
    -can do very well untwinked
    -can mf well

and that's about it :)

2. Baal

Baal IncGamers Member

and i forgot to say

i have the "build list" bookmarked... but there are so many... i don't know which is best

so you could just tell me what it's called - and i'll find it on the build list (http://forums.rpgforums.net//showpost.php?p=1354331&postcount=25)

i've only ever tried barbs (hals guide did not work well for me at all), sorceresses (in 1.09) and necromancers (nightfish's... but i felt useless and like i earned nothing)

3. Borlag

Borlag IncGamers Member

Top 3 untwinked that can MF and do well are most likely Fishymancer, Hammerdin and Vegasorc. My preferences from those go to the Hammerdin but the Vegasorc requires propably the most from the actual player...

And I know what you mean about the Fishymancer, I too don't like being the sidekick for the minions.

4. Muffassa

Muffassa IncGamers Member

id probably do a strafeazon / frostmaden build - I have one in Hell right now, and she is a glass cannon build that relies on valk for an awesome tank. She is pretty heavily twinked, but I have invested 0 into vitality. I think that if you want an exciting build, this is the way to go, if you want a mf build, then put more in vitality and be ready to take a few more hits (I can take maybe 2 before I'm dead, but death doesn't come very often)

5. Baal

Baal IncGamers Member

which guide would you say is the best Hammerdin? there are 2 up there - one regular and one for "max damage"

6. Borlag

Borlag IncGamers Member

Ragnarod's hammerdin guide explains how to play one, the max dmg hammerdin guide can be helpful if you're interested in the number crunching side of things, and in trying to maximize your killing power with the hammers.

Personally I'd choose Ragnarod's guide, as while you're not doing as much dmg as you'd do with the other guide, your merc will be doing more dmg (conc helps him too, raising synergies doesn't), and you'll be able to survive much better.

Either way you choose, both can do well untwinked.

7. farting bob

farting bob Banned

fishymancer, meteorb and trapsin. trapsins are great for non-LI's, althoguh these can be slved by our friend, the shadow master. meteorbs can kill practically anything by themselves and fishy is the god of safe HC'ing.

8. Pucho

Pucho Banned

for the max damage you need srious twinking, I assume that the "normal" hammerdin is for you

Pucho

9. YomoKimyata

YomoKimyata IncGamers Member

Winddruid. Good old winddruid. Nothing beats winddruid.

10. Baedric

Baedric IncGamers Member

I would have to vote the Hybrid LF Amazon. With max LF and a powerful Valk you can go along killing with sticks if necessary.

11. Fafner

Fafner IncGamers Member

Go with what Borlag said. I did. Except I started with the Trapsin/Kicker hybrid. This was fun but it isn't as easy as the other three and she can do all the MF'ing the others can, just not as quickly.

12. slowpoke

slowpoke IncGamers Member

I followed the max damage guide for my hammerdin, and he was untwinked. I just ignored the items list and used what he found. It worked great, the hammers did serious damage even at level 18.

The downside of any hammerdin is that the hammers can be hard to aim, I never competely got the hang of it. It was not a big problem, he got pat without too much difficulty.

good luck,

slowpoke

13. Kamelbarn

Kamelbarn IncGamers Member

The MeteOrb Sorceress have never failed me.

14. Vex_Nemox

Vex_Nemox IncGamers Member

I had alot of problems running Hell WSK and Baal with both the Met/Orb Sorc (VegaSorc) and an LF/GA HybridZon. I think the Summoner Necro and Hammerdin would be better choices if you have any serious plans for running Hell Baal.

15. kissthis

kissthis IncGamers Member

I like barbs

Dunno, I like barbs...they're harder in 1.10 to MF with. I've built 3 or 4 basically the same into the 90's...Enough str and dex to wield best swords, all the rest into Vit., and skills into Frenzy and quite a few in Berserk for quicker kills. And up to about 45% Find Item (lvl 12 or 13) for humping corpses helps immensely for that second chance, I find a lot of great stuff that way. Plus of course maxed Battle Orders, all that extra life with BO keeps one in the battle longer. All the MF I can get, hopefully with some +res charms. It's fairly easy to build into 600% or more MF (highest I've had was about 850% + my merc's 172%...no trading for items, just what I found or my TCP partner found). Using a good Merc with a good sword and loaded with MF is a must for me, he gets last hit and adds my mf to his appr 200%...and he saves my butt a lot of the time. I find tons of good stuff all the time when I MF. Important to know when to run back, and important to keep Rejuvs in my belt all the time. Definitely harder in 1.10 than it used to be, Baal runs are impractical cuz of the bad enemies getting through Worldstone, not to mention the strong Baal Minions...just takes way too long. And too slow using Berserk (to not die from IM) in D's Castle unless I'm playing with my Zon friend. But the payoffs are great overall, there are few things I haven't found...most notably a GF sword and a couple of the new armors and that new Azure sword. If you have the patience to play a barb in this new harder patch, he can still carry the most MF and most life of any player in the game and remain relatively safe in most areas of hell.

16. Toa3t

Toa3t IncGamers Member

Heh, if you make a Fishymancer and invest in CE... you'll be the boss once again when you reach to hell and drop the 'players' setting to 1 or 2. One of his patented CB setups (with -100% defense 40% IAS Phase Blade, but that's not so likely untwinked) also makes boss runs funner.

-Kevin