Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Toothache=Worst pain ever!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Isolde212, Sep 24, 2006.

1. Isolde212

Isolde212 Banned

Toothache=Worst pain ever!

I have come to the conclusion that tooth pain is the worst ever. I need a root canal in the worst way but was waiting for my benefits to kick in. They did on Friday, low and behold the pain started Friday night. I have tried calling every dentist within close proximity to me that do GA's for dental procedures as I need to be sedated due to anxiety in the chair. No one has any slots available until Tuesday. I'm almost considering being awake just as long as they make it go away. What do I do? I have tried everything. Oragel, Clove oil and painkillers. Icing it doesn't help much except freezes my cheek. What do I do? I'm in the worst pain....

2. HockeyChic

HockeyChic Banned

I wish I could help. Toothaches suck. I remember New Years Eve 1995, I had the worst one ever. One of my wisdom teeth was coming through on a sideways slant crushing the molar next to it. I dropped Goldschlagger on it for the entire night. What type of painkillers have you tried? I would think if you had something like Vicodin that would help.

3. Thelioness

Thelioness IncGamers Member

If the problem is due to a hole in the tooth, you can get some dental wax and pack the hole. It will keep you from having an exposed root, which is very painful.

4. {KOW}Spazed

{KOW}Spazed Banned

TMJ isn't very fun either, I got it after my surgery. It solidified my want to kill my orthodontist by putting his huge hands into his own mouth thus choking him.

Seriously though, toothaches suck. Although I would rather have that than a kidney stone. . .sharp burning razor blades going through my nether regions wasn't much fun. Birth doesn't sound too fun either.

5. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

avoid the cold, wait, where do you live? :shocked: :undecided:

6. jimmyboy

jimmyboy IncGamers Member

I had it done years back with plain pain killers. It's not as bad as you think.

My dentist assured me that it was much less painful than childbirth.

By the way, have someone drive you home afterwards. I ran several red lights due to the painkillers making me drowsy.

Oh, and pick a dentist with small hands. Trust me on this one.

7. Isolde212

Isolde212 Banned

I already had a root canal done a few years back which is why I know that I can't do it without some sort of sedative. I had three panic attacks during the procedure that they had to put a temp filling in and have me come back the next day. I don't know what it was because I usually have no problem at the dentist. I'd rather not relive the experience.

8. HockeyChic

HockeyChic Banned

I have the same rule for OB/GYN's.

Sorry, too easy, couldn't help it

9. superdave

superdave IncGamers Member

someone without testicles may reach that conclusion...i have been kicked in the teeth AND kicked in the testicles...can you guess which was more painful?

10. Dondrei

Dondrei IncGamers Member

Ouch, my sympathies. Toothaches sound awful, and it's compounded by the fact teeth are so fussy and it's really easy to have them screwed up by a clumsy dentist. I'm lucky I've had good teeth so far - no fillings or anything.

11. superdave

superdave IncGamers Member

i hate your guts.

12. HockeyChic

HockeyChic Banned

I don't hate you, I just envy you. I have terribly "soft teeth".

13. Quietus

Quietus IncGamers Member

I'm sorry to hear that your tooth is giving you such a hard time - I've got to go to a dentist soon myself, my lower right wisdom tooth has decided to sprout a nice big hole, it's basically hollow now. Thankfully, it doesn't hurt all that badly.

On the other hand, at least you can get yours taken care of, which is awesome. Hopefully you can find a way to bear with the pain in the meantime. *Wishes you luck*

14. Dondrei

Dondrei IncGamers Member

All my wisdom teeth came in painlessly too. :afro: