Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Too much mf?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by PapaNose, Jun 20, 2005.

1. PapaNose

PapaNose IncGamers Member

Too much mf?

So i know blizz says more is always better (not withstanding dininishing returns) but....

I worked really hard to get lots of mf, my merc now kills at 952%. But it seems that when he killed with around 650% i got more and better drops.

Am i just having a string of bad luck or is there something to this?
    If so is there an ideal %
    Has anyone else experienced this?

2. SeDnA

SeDnA IncGamers Member

Lets say you roll a dice, get a 1 and you win. You roll, and get a 1.

The next day, you wear some MF. Instead of getting a 1 and you win, if you get 1,2,3,4, or 5, you win! You roll, and get a 6. Bad luck :lol:

3. FreezerBurn

FreezerBurn Banned

if your killing speed and survivability have gone down, you very well might be getting les drops in any given amount of time. but of the drops you get, you have a better chance of getting something good.

4. vdzele

vdzele IncGamers Member

From my experience 400% is an optimal balance between good MF and killing speed.

5. DjSlayer

DjSlayer IncGamers Member

Depends on the character class, and if the character is able to wear a shield. Some characters can pack 650+ without a loss in killing speed, some increase their killing speed with the right type of charms (3max/ar/7%mf on a mele/ranged char) and increase their survivability(sp?) with res- all/single element mf SCs. So as a rule of tumb is ofcourse don't sacrifice killspeed and survivability(sp?) with too much mf.

- D.J.

6. farting bob

farting bob Banned

Diminishing returns are the arch enemy of all uber MF wearers. At 350MF you have 145% extra chance of finding uniques. At 500 you have 166 extra chance (only 21% more), at 650 you have 180 (14% more) and at 800 you have 190% (10% more). So a slight increase in your MF will not net you any noticably improvements, and may slow you down since you often have to sacrifice power or safety.
    Still, more will always result in higher chances, but maybe less kills, and so it will have a indirect adverse effect.