Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Too much increased attack speed?

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Inman, Mar 25, 2004.

1. Inman

Inman IncGamers Member

Too much increased attack speed?

Is there such a thing as too much IAS? I have level 24 fury and level 8 Feral Rage on my Wolf, 20% IAS Bramble Mitts, and a Windhammer with 60% IAS. I also use a Baranar's Star that has a Shael in it (when I need a shield or extra resistance). I am considering putting a socket in the Windhammer, and adding Shael to it. Is that a waste? If so, what should I put in the socket, assuming I do not have a stack of Ohm runes or 40% ED/IAS gems.

Thanks,

Inman

2. Sim.The.GoSu

Sim.The.GoSu IncGamers Member

Well, firstly, check the calc

Ok, well LoH would be OIAS

The shael windhammer would hit something like 5-6 frames which is great for PvM, so IMHO, youre doing the right hing.

3. Manifesto

Manifesto IncGamers Member

there is no such thing as too much ias really. the only thing that wouldnt exactly help u is the bramble mitts if u go mainly fury becuase IAS outside of weapons dont affect fury. however, its still useful becuz it still speeds up ur normal attack. the more ias the better but sacrifice too much if its gonna put a penalty on ur damage,ar etc.

4. Inman

Inman IncGamers Member

I didn't know that about the Laying of Hands Bramble Mitts, as I am a noob in regards to the technical aspects of the game. I still like them for the 350% damage to demons, but you have given me something to think about. Thanks.

5. Bob_TheMadCow

Bob_TheMadCow IncGamers Member

Calculator (arreat summit based version)
    Windhammer's WSM = 10 (on the Arreat Summit)

Result:
    normal attack = 9 frames without shael, 8 frames with shael
    fury attack = 5 frames either way

I'd say for PvM that is a waste. Find something better to put in there, even a 15% res all jewel could be good if you feel you are lacking in resists.

IN fact, the 20% IAS from your gloves isn't making any difference at all to your speed. But the damage to deamons is still good, so don't worry too much about it.

Side note: You know what is annoying, that weapon would only need 1 more percent IAS in the weapon to hit a 7/4/4/4/4 fury (81% WIAS) :cheesy:

6. memememe173

memememe173 IncGamers Member

Yes there is such a thing as too much IAS, once you reach a certain attack speed (2 frames IIRC), Your physical damage is no longer dealt, only any elemental damage you might have