Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Too late for merc replacement?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by raevynn, Aug 23, 2010.

1. raevynn

raevynn IncGamers Member

Too late for merc replacement?

I started playing D2 again two months ago after a 5+ year break, and naturally I have forgotten almost everything. I skimmed a few guides, but I basically just started playing cluelessly. I've now arrived in Act 5 Hell with my Amazon, and things are getting really tough. I was stupid enough to not get a Nightmare Act 2 mercenary when I had the chance....

...so now that I'm level 81, can I still get a NM Act 2 merc without lots of trouble? How much time would I have to invest in leveling him up to my level, and where are the best places to do that? Does anyone have experience in doing that?

Thanks in advance!

2. forbidenorc

forbidenorc IncGamers Member

Re: Too late for merc replacement?

You won't have to level him up, when you buy mercs there level will just be a few lower if not the same as yours. I forget what patch they added that.

3. baqarah

baqarah IncGamers Member

It's not too late by any means.
    Just go back to NM, act 2, choose your merc (I quess you want a Might Aura one) and viola, you got yourself a new merc. You can see the level of merc when you hire him/her, its usually few levels lower than yours. Merces level up quickly, so there is no problem.

Oh, and dont forget to strip all the equipment that hes/shes wearing or youll lose items!!!

4. omgwtfbbqpwned

omgwtfbbqpwned IncGamers Member

See above posts. As long as you're playing 1.13c, you should be fine. If you're not, just let him/her kill stuff and levelling the mercenary to your level should only take a good 30 minutes to an hour.

5. raevynn

raevynn IncGamers Member

Thanks for the hint! I guess I'm really behind on info like that ;) I was just unsure because early on I had an Act 1 merc which didn't seem to level up at all - probably because she was constantly dead....

Another question: Do auras of multiple mercs stack? So if I'm in an IP game, if more than one player has a might aura merc, do they apply twice? If is it better if different players have different mercs with different auras?

Last edited: Aug 23, 2010
  6. HappeningKT

HappeningKT Banned

No they don't, the higher level aura will take the effect.
    If u play only in parties, then it is always nice to have mercs carrying different auras.