Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Tons of items, but don't know what to make!

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by CubsAce38, Jun 6, 2005.

1. CubsAce38

CubsAce38 Diabloii.Net Member

Tons of items, but don't know what to make!

Alright... I have tons of items but I haven't found a character that i can have fun with. I am a PvM player. Here's a list of characters that I have tried:

Hammerdin
    Meteorber
    Orb Sorc
    Blizz Sorc
    Fire Sorc
    Trapsin (all lite)
    Wind Druid
    CL/FO Sorc
    Bow Zon

I really don't care about MF-ing because I like looking for socketables. I would rather have killing power in an 8 player game than being able to solo MF. I was hoping that all the smart people on the forums could lend me a hand :D. Thanks

2. mhl12

mhl12 Diabloii.Net Member

Go for a tesladin or a light sorc. Those are my two favorite builds. :thumbsup:

3. DeMeVeR

DeMeVeR Diabloii.Net Member

a kicksin is nice too
    special style of playing,
    but not in the same line of killing speed like hammerdin sorcs or javazons :D

4. CookiesnCream

CookiesnCream Diabloii.Net Member

Killing cows with a javazon is always fun.

5. Rice_Farmer3

Rice_Farmer3 Diabloii.Net Member

there are tons of pally builds you haven't played. look in the pally forums.
    you also seemed to have ignored barb, zon, and necro. look in their forums.
    Yeah and also, did CL/FO sorc work well? i'm thinking about building one

6. CubsAce38

mhl12: I have a tesladin and lite sorc in the works right now actually :D Both seem to be fun, just wanted to make sure that they would have good killing power in hell before finishing them off. And another thing was I dont know what gear I should put on either of them... the stickied guides were kinda vague with both classes.

DeMeVeR: Kicksin never really appealed to me b/c of its lack of killing speed

CookiesnCream: Yes, I was thinking about one of those too b/c I miss my old one from 1.09 :(

Rice_Farmer3: I did not like my CL/FO sorc at all... but maybe it was how i was playing her. She seemed like a slow killer for me. I know theres tons of other classes that I ignored so far... but I was kind of looking what ways to lean with those classes before I kinda just dove on in.

7. Liliel

Liliel Diabloii.Net Member

I don't get it... you want to play p8 but don't seem to like any cookie cutter builds?

The only builds left that I'd say would make it comfortably in p8 Hell is LF zon, Venomancer (with Bramble, Death's Web, Trang glove and shield), and possibly a pure 2h Avenger.

8. CubsAce38

Well I was just looking for a little more variety :D something I haven't tried yet or maybe just refine my gear on an old char... this is what I am trying to find out.

9. JesusbeJesus

JesusbeJesus Diabloii.Net Member

Try a conc barb...kinda cookie cutter but a tank and killing power....theres a guide by hal in the barb fourms..made one in ladder1....working on one now...they are fun...one enemy at a time :thumbsup:

10. Quietus

Quietus Diabloii.Net Member

I suggest a Dtail assassin. Not uber killing speed, but you have nice physical damage with full Tiger strike, VERY nice fire damage with Talon... assuming 0 phys resist and 0 fire resist, 26k max to the release target is very possible, with at least 3/4 of that being in the fire radius.

Also, that build only technically requires a total of 42 points to max your main attack. One for cobra strike, then you have the option of fade or BoS, depending on gear.

Not only that, you can make a lot of people scratch their heads if you craft myrmidon greave safety boots. Enhanced defense, with meager numerical PDR/MDR, and if you craft them to level 71+, you automatically gain 2 prefixes and 2 suffixes, as well. At least one resistance of 30+ is common, I find, and 2 of 30+ is not rare.

A build like this, you can use a LOT of really off-the-wall stuff. I'm quite well off personally, but I'm building mine cheap styles... an ammy with +1 assassin skills, 24 strength, some pris... crafted dual res boots... Smoke sacred armor (LOL why not, when you're going to need 208 strength to wear the boots anyway..) a rare belt with strength and life, a couple minor resistances... some circlet, with ar%/level and skills... and dual bartucs. It's hilarious, because you'd never expect to see something wearing gear like that be effective... but with the proper use of Cloak of Shadows, it's very viable. And you still have a whole pile of skill points to play with afterward, so there's lots of room for personalization!

11. Pherdnut

Pherdnut Diabloii.Net Member

All the builds you tried are built around a single or a pair of abilities that you use over and over again. Try any necro. Way more interesting.

12. Liliel

Liliel Diabloii.Net Member

Oh, if it's finger gymnastics you're after you gotta go for a martial arts assassin.

13. CubsAce38

This is pretty much true lol. The most changing I did was probably just switch to CTA, cast BO, switch back... orb/meteor ... spam fb.... lol. And half the time I was just casting fb ... hmmm maybe I do need something with some hotkey action... A necro sounds fun... I was thinking ce/skelemancer? I can have a bonespear backup. Does that sound like a plan that would work?

14. Pherdnut

Pherdnut Diabloii.Net Member

It works. Especially if you have marrows.

In fact skellies and CE alone work fine. You have a viable build at 46 points although there are a lot of skills you can take to make it easier.

15. CameronFoster

CameronFoster Diabloii.Net Member

Make a Summonmacer!! I love mine so much.

He has both pimped gear and then Mf gear (he can reach upwards of 700 Mf and Can clear pit in less than 4 minutes)

I maxed:

Summon:

20 Skellies mastery
    20 Skellie
    20 Mage

Then one into everything else in summon except fire golem.

Posion and bone

Maxed Corpse Explosion
    1 Teeth
    1 Bone armor
    1 Bone Wall

Curses:

1 Into everything from amp to Decrip

Then go back and place points into Golem mastry// Golem of your choice.

You can also use hybrid:

Bone/ Summon

20 Skellie Mastery
    20 Skellie
    20 Bone Spear
    20 Spirit
    10ish Teeth (Rather than going back and putting into a Golem)

Use Marrow bug to gain a lot of damage.

Posion/ Summom

20 Skellie Mastery
    20 Skellie
    20 Poison Nova
    20 Explosion
    10Ish Poison Dagger.

Just my 0.02$

~CF

16. Naitti

Naitti Diabloii.Net Member

Ye,

summoner + CE rocks the Land of Terror! :clap: And it's cheap to build!

My build looks something like this:
    20 skellies
    20 skelliemastery
    1 to every skill in summontree, but fire golem 0

20 CE
    20 teeth (=this is for boosting characters from level 14 to 24 in normal tombs and cows)
    1 to all curses that deman decrepify

Then use these items:
    +3 summoning circlet
    +3 summoning amulet
    trangs armor
    marrows
    arm of king leoric
    arachnid mesh
    6-8 summon skillers (about pul each in europe L = cheap! :thumbsup: )
    Homonculus
    soj/bk or soj/soj or bk/bk (i don't have none of em yet)

act2 nm Might merc, currently I use obedience in eth CA, tals mask and godly dusk shroud (~750 def only) and still he never seems to die. Only IM may kill him.

I tend to do river of flame/chaos sanctuary runs or cows. I clear both of those way faster than with, for example, javazon.

Cheers, Naitti

17. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares Diabloii.Net Member

make a frenzy barb
    make two, they rock

18. Big Mog

Big Mog Diabloii.Net Member

Make that 'frost zealot of crushing blow' from the Ultimate Diablo Clone Hunting thread. Lots of fun to play, and has a definite purpose to make you want to keep levelling him :). Equipment is cheap as chips too.

19. CubsAce38

Awesome, I like the way all of those summon necro builds are looking :D. I think thats the route I want to take :) Everyone I know that has one loves them. Are they viable in 8p games? That's going to be my main focus. If they are I think I found my character I want to build.

20. Naitti

Naitti Diabloii.Net Member

I always play in 8p games, and have died only once, when my skellies got stuck in durance 2 and i ran to those little hippies, who exploded right when they struck me. (BTW, they were a bosspack, included with extra fast.. :( )