Tonight: Diablo walked the earth!!!!

SirDooFuss

Diabloii.Net Member
Tonight: Diablo walked the earth!!!!

Thats right, I was doing a few Pindy runs with my javazon on USWEST (softcore ladder). Decided to kill Eldrich, and as I did I saw "539 soj's sold to vendors". Cool, I thought, I'll stay in this game a while. Dropped down to slay Shenk and saw.... THE DIABLO CLONE!!!
I had missed the "Diablo Walks the Earth" message!
This is the first time I've even seen the sucker this Ladder. Well, my Javazon tossed a few at him and went back to town. I cranked up my spare computer and brought my IK Barb out of retirement (he's been my rune mule). I had recently found a perfect 40% crushing blow IK maul for him **evil grin**. Even with my Javazon still in the game the Diablo clone went down easy. (I did use 7 healing potions and 2 full rejuvies).

Stats on the anni are 20 all attributes (Perfect!!!), 13% all resists, 6% experience

WOOT!!!:bow:

slam

Diabloii.Net Member
why can't i ever find him - i play this game for far too many hours every day and nothing.

what happened to that "find diablo clone guide" and did it even work? it is my time for an annhilus

Angel_Dusted

Diabloii.Net Member
slam said:
why can't i ever find him - i play this game for far too many hours every day and nothing.

what happened to that "find diablo clone guide" and did it even work? it is my time for an annhilus
Meh, it always happens when you're not looking for it to. If you want to actively pursue the Clone you should join the IRC channels (the guide is on page #3 or so of this forum BTW).

Fluffballer

Diabloii.Net Member
In theory, you can get several annis per day if you get in the IRC channel... though you'd have to be pretty bored to do that.

Joch

Diabloii.Net Member
SirDooFuss said:
Thats right, I was doing a few Pindy runs with my javazon on USWEST (softcore ladder). Decided to kill Eldrich, and as I did I saw "539 soj's sold to vendors". Cool, I thought, I'll stay in this game a while. Dropped down to slay Shenk and saw.... THE DIABLO CLONE!!!
I had missed the "Diablo Walks the Earth" message!
This is the first time I've even seen the sucker this Ladder. Well, my Javazon tossed a few at him and went back to town. I cranked up my spare computer and brought my IK Barb out of retirement (he's been my rune mule). I had recently found a perfect 40% crushing blow IK maul for him **evil grin**. Even with my Javazon still in the game the Diablo clone went down easy. (I did use 7 healing potions and 2 full rejuvies).

Stats on the anni are 20 all attributes (Perfect!!!), 13% all resists, 6% experience

WOOT!!!:bow:

gz
yesterday dc spawned in a game of 2 friends of mine who called for my help...
it happened the 15 minutes I was doing the dishes for my stupid mom...
now my friend got a new anni and (16-13-7) I'm still left with non.

I ain't never helping my mom again :(

Mammel248

Banned
Thats cool for you m8 :clap:

Your anni rules btw ^^

I wish I could fight him again -.-, I loved it the first (and last) time I did.

Quietus

Diabloii.Net Member
slam said:

I was under the impression it got stickied, but I could be wrong - but yes, it does work. It's an enormous pain in the rear typically, but I recommend practicing at first trying to get public games... using that irc channel, Dclone pops once every couple days or so (On average.. .I've seen people camp games for three days straight >.<).. but it's REALLY difficult to get on one of the 'hot' servers. Typically there's upwards of 30-40 people in the room, all with at least four bots running camping hot ip's. It's just bloody disgusting.

However, I do recommend practicing trying to get a public ip until you're comfortable with the process, because there's also something that runs at 7 pm (That's 7 pm GMT -5) every night, called Alliance. It's a private walk that you pay eight sojs to buy into, and they force Dclone to walk at 10-11 Pm. The odds that you'll get an ip through that are fairly good, assuming no one leaks it... and if you buy in on monday-saturday, they do a free walk on Sunday. So eight sojs (They've gotta be scnl sojs) buys you two shots at annis. That's how I got my two... one 20/15/9, the other 19/17/6. I'm happy with'em, they were well worth the 8 sojs and six hours I spent to get'em.

Omikron8

Diabloii.Net Member
Maybe blizzard's soj elimination scheme is working because i almost never see him walk in ladder season two. The value of anni seems much higher in ladder season two than one :)

Arutha

Diabloii.Net Member
Fluffballer said:
In theory, you can get several annis per day if you get in the IRC channel... though you'd have to be pretty bored to do that.
Thats why I got on irc I just got bored of doing countless baal runs and finding nothing worth more than an ist. So now I look for a ip's most of the day and when I finally find it i have to wait a few hours. I would say its equally as boring but at least I get something worth more than an ist.