Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Today's WTF Moment (Might be Considered-OT)

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Blackfalcon, Jun 22, 2005.

1. Blackfalcon

Blackfalcon Diabloii.Net Member

Today's WTF Moment (Might be Considered-OT)

I was just on open battle net and I went into a lv 10-55 duel game. When I got there A LITTLE RED SKELETON WITH TONS OF ****ED UP AURA'S asked me to join his party. It also had an icon at the top left of the screen that I'm pretty sure doesn't exist. Is this some kind of avatar or just an unbelievably big hack?

2. bill_n_opus

bill_n_opus Diabloii.Net Member

Hmmmnnn ... don't play Bnet but it sounds like maybe some guy was fooling around with the Delerium runeword and tried to join up with you while in Fetish form.

That or it was a hack.

3. Thov

Thov Diabloii.Net Member

More specifically

Or to just narrow it down completely

That should explain it.

4. somethingsin

somethingsin Diabloii.Net Member

I was going to answer that question, but as others have already done most of it, I'll clarify:

The delerium runeword has a percent chance to cast delerium. this 'skill' changes the wearer into an undead stygan doll type monster, with some crazy mods.

5. Blackfalcon

Yeah, I once also found a level 99 wind druid still doing NORMAL Baal.

I never dueled before so I guess I still have to try finding someone serious..............and really really bad at it. :lol:

I know it was probably a hack, but now I want one. :D

EDIT: Whoops, didn't see that last post. It was in the rouge encampment though, so I don't know if it would stay like that there. Never used the runeword.

6. Kool69

Kool69 Diabloii.Net Member

Yea i know what you are talking about, I was legitamently (well as close as you can get on open bnet) with a guy... then a pally popped in. Every aura + bone shield + cyclone armor + every assassin chargeup + some shrines + who knows what else were all flying around him and he says "wanna duel?" :lol:

7. Blackfalcon

lol. I want him in my party.

8. farting bob

farting bob Banned

It is a known fact that never, in the history of mankind, has anybody ever dueled in open bnet legit and fairly. Ever.
    All duels use mods and hacks which mean they can kill you with the aura as soon as you take 1 step out of camp and have have max res, dmg reduction, absorb and -enemy res that is possible, and absolutely none of them have any skill and would die very quick using a normal character.

9. Blackfalcon

Yeah, I don't want to use normal bnet though since I take breaks from stuff alot. I'm tring to get all of my friends to buy this so I can play off of battle net, but they're going to take forever. Oh well, you find more funny hacks on battle net anyway. :D

10. lone_wolf

lone_wolf Diablo: IncGamers Member

ehh blackfalcon if you want to dual legit there are legit places to duel both in sp and on regular bnet.

11. Blackfalcon

Yeah, I'll try again. A bit harder to find duels for a level 52 but still possible. Altough its funny, I dont know why anyone would want to hack duels. No one would fight them. Oh well, back to open bnet for now.

12. kabal

kabal Diabloii.Net Member

I hosted a dueling tournament recently and there was a pretty good turn out, so there definitely is a PvP crowd here. Once you gain another 30-40 levels, you might want to ask Sleepless or Serdash to duel. All duels done here are strictly legit of course, so you wouldn't be able to use any gear you picked up on open.

Btw what's your character?

13. Blackfalcon

My better one is a concentrate barbarian. I made it for PvM and never tried PvP yet so I don't know how well it would do. I don't think I picked up any open bnet items that I still have. If I did I either sold them or made better gems with them (which I'm currently not using). I figured it would take a bit more leveling. And MFing. Still using some of the sigon set and I'm going to use some of the berserker set. Oh well. Maybe I'll run andy later and pray for something better. Probably do that before leveling since I really don't feel like making another staff for act 2.

14. DeathMaster

DeathMaster Diabloii.Net Member

Can you find a single legit player on open b.net who "play" the game? I believe they do exist, but they are not open to "outside world".

Blackfalcon, you should really think about it, you ain't gonna find anyone who play legit there.

If there are legit players, they are all in closed group, and play password protected games, you cannot join them. The one you can join, or the one you hosted, will only attract haxxxors.

Play open b.net will seriousely limit your options here.