To Theorycraft or not to Theorycraft?

Razor Spine

Diabloii.Net Member
To Theorycraft or not to Theorycraft?

Theorycrafting is one of the best ways to get hyped for a game - it gives us all a chance of imagining how the final product will be, or how something works.

But as far as I've been able to observe so far here, all I've seen is enormous arguments with insults hurled back and forth at the other parties with legitimate points or otherwise being replied to in an insulting vein, at best. Then it begins to degenerate into a shouting match about who has the loudest voice and 1337est typing skills.

Ad hominems, Straw men, Hearsay info, "X said so, so it should be true", "LOL I R RITE AND U R RONG" - All this and more combine together to form spectacular end results for each and every discussion on this forum for the last few months.

Sometimes it gets as bad as it does on the official forums. Which isn't saying much because the veneer between civilised conversation and outright flaming becomes very thin these days. Sometimes I wish Blizzard would just up and release D3 so that people would be forced to shut up.

BUT WAIT! Then the theorycrafting begins anew for the possible expansions. And the same end result appears then to boot. If you're going to argue about something, kindly do it in a better fashion. Then again, I have no doubt that anyone will listen, but I suppose we can all dream.

Ashley Riot

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: To Theorycraft or not to Theorycraft?

people won't stop trolling or throwing fecal matter around because, since time immemorial, they do it for the lulz :)

that being said, there are enough reasonable people with reasonable opinions/arguments in these forums to keep our appetite for theorycrafting going and once in a while you get really EPIC WIN opinions/arguments that are smart, witty and pwns all the trolls.. and thats what keeps me reading here (and the occasional mention of anuses and fallen furries lol)

So, yeah, keep on trucking. just dftt. Thats the best thing you can do. report it to the mods if you really must.. otherwise you'll end up going f*cking insane from all the insanity :thumbup:

Sometimes I wish Blizzard would just up and release D3 so that people would be forced to shut up.
Why is it that you guys like to force things on other people but don't like things "forced" onto yourselves? :scratchchin:

<TROLL WARNING> This was an intention troll message, but its in context with the topic. <END TROLL WARNING>

Razor Spine

Diabloii.Net Member

Thiu Fingol! It would seem that trolls are NEVER in short supply no matter where you look on the Internet.

Legitimate discussion is one thing, but what I don't like is people peddling their own points without regard for validity ad nauseam.

Considering the average intelligence of people these days, Darwin's law went down the tube as far as "Survival of the Fittest" was concerned. Now, it ends up as "Who's the biggest troll and can troll the longest?"

Intelligent discussions, though they still exist, are officially a thing of the past.

Well, if this topic wasn't straight out of the book of trolling then I would hate to see the turd that came up with this idea and then trolled his own thread..

Let me see here.. Nope, No intelligent conversation here... moving on.

Razor Spine

Diabloii.Net Member

Keep deluding yourself. I think I know the kind of person I'm addressing here. A belligerent adolescent who thinks that his opinion has the most value on a forum, and doesn't consider that everyone else might be right instead.

And I swear to God that if I catch the person who told me that studying medicine would help you become more patient when dealing with people, I'll do for him first thing because it just failed.

Flux

Administrator

Posting a thread bemoaning the uncivil tone and thrown insults = guaranteed to get you insulted in uncivil fashion.

Proof of your assertion?