Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

To the old school Amazons... Carrion Song?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by dirtycash, Apr 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dirtycash

dirtycash IncGamers Member

To the old school Amazons... Carrion Song?

What was the name of the insane duped Gothic bow from like 1.07?

Was is Carrion Song? From what I can remember, when the expansion was released, it was renamed to Carrion _____ .

I don't remember if Carrion Song was the original name or if it was the post Expansion name. Anyone help? :confused:

2. superdave

superdave IncGamers Member

fyi almost every old duped bow was a gothic bow....the one you are thinking about was the carrion song....they are all gone now....because it is a dupe that's about all the info you should wxpect to receive from this forum

3. dirtycash

Well actually FYI, there were duped Rune's and Chu's.

Additionally, was Carrion Song the post xpack name or pre? For some reason I have Carrion Horn in my head too.

Yes I realize they are all gone, long gone. I don't even play D2 anymore. Just asking a simple question.

4. aznbboi16

aznbboi16 IncGamers Member

Carrion Song
    Gothic Bow
    Dam 153
    Req -20%
    +1 zon skills
    +132 AR
    +18 max dam
    Increased Attack Speed

Huh, what was that about not getting any info about it on these forums? Found this straight off the site.

Half the other duped bows were Rune Bows btw. I believe they also still exist, because I know they are popular amongst llders.

PS Hi Dirty :)

5. superdave

yes back in the day almost everything was duped but most of the duped bows were gothics....i think the carrion song was a west bow....i am also sure that when dacar sees this thread it will be locked....aznbboi16.....yes the stats you provided are located on this site in the DUPE section....don't expect any more info than this dirtycash and certainly not any build info related to duped bows

6. Dacar92

Dacar92 Community, Amazon, DH Moderator & Inc Clan Officer

I don't have a problem talking about items, whether they were duped or not. The problem occurs when you discuss HOW to dupe or where to get them, whether here, in this forum, or in PM's. I will find out. You guys can discuss the history of the game, and duping is, unfortunately, a fact of this game. But I will read carefully.

7. dirtycash

HI JON!! :clap:
    Are you ready to come over to GW yet? My Guild is growing stronger! :thumbsup:

Yes, I saw that in the dupe section, and I assumed that was the one. Its been so long ago I couldn't remember the stats. I do remember ias, -req and +skill. Thats about it.

Any idea on if thats the original name or if that was after the Xpack? I just remembered people started freakin out, because the name was different. They thought blizz changed the stats or something. Alas, it just had a different name.

I'm really thinking Carrion Song/Horn. Though I can't remember which came first.

I'd like to not get the thread locked, so I don't want a whole lot of discussion on this part of it. But, now that I think about it, I bet they are still around. Since you guys still have Raven Spirals and such.

At any rate to the mod, I don't even play D2 anymore as I said above, so I'm most definately not looking to dupe, learn to dupe, play with dupes, or even play! :thumbsup:

8. aznbboi16

aznbboi16 IncGamers Member

I'll probably get GW and hop on over sometime. Dunno if I'll be buying all the expansions for it though, that might strain my wallet a bit too much. :eek:

I have no clue on the name pre-expansion.

I don't understand the hostility towards this topic though. We better stop giving out build info on Faith/Fortitude zons then, because most of those runes are probably duped. :rolleyes:

Either way it isn't hard to build a Guided Arrow zon using this bow :lol:

9. superdave

hostility may be a little too harsh of a word to use.....there is only ONE instance of these bows ever spawning....the rares are the true uniques....so the chances of a zon playing with legit bow is so slim as to = zero

there is a much better chance of making a legit runeword...yes i have a legit faith and a legit fort

when it comes right down to it this is dacars sandbox...he makes the rules here and he says its ok to discuss these old dupes...so have at it.

10. Frex

Frex IncGamers Member

I've took a break from USWest classic for expansion whenever patch 1.10 was released, so my memory could be a bit fuzzy.

I am almost positive that it went Carrion Song -> Carrion Horn though.

11. dirtycash

This is what I was thinking. I remember the original name sounded better than the post.

Jon, if you end up getting into GW look me up. You can add me, my necros name is "Empress of Darkness". Be glad to play with you again. How's the pally?

Jon, to be honest, I'm more excited to play GW than any time out of the 4+ years I played D2.

12. Dacar92

Dacar92 Community, Amazon, DH Moderator & Inc Clan Officer

I think this discussion is ended. I have closed the thread before someone posts asking about how to get these items. Someone will end up being banned and I don't want to have to do that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.