Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

+to skills on claws

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by MaskOfSeasons, Mar 4, 2004.

1. MaskOfSeasons

MaskOfSeasons IncGamers Member

+to skills on claws

What skills can a normal claw spawn with ? (And what is the max lvl bonus ? 3?)

2. Lunatic

Lunatic IncGamers Member

Normal claws can't have any +skills at all. IIRC most excep and all elite claws can spawn with +skills.

3. MaskOfSeasons

A) I meant normal as in not magical/rare/unique, sorry if this wasn't clear

B) I think I read somewhere that you can't get Claw Mastery so I was wondering if there were OTHER skills that can't spawn on claws ?

Thx for any input

MaskOfSeasons

4. jrichard

jrichard IncGamers Member

IIRC, none of the level one skills will spawn on a claw. FYI, only the hand scythe on up can have +skills, none of the lower quality weapons can.

jrichard

5. Lunatic

Lunatic IncGamers Member

Well I've never ever seen +BoS on claws either. And that's a lvl 6 skill. :)

6. jrichard

Lol, i actually thought of editing that in, but figured you'd come along to correct it luna. :)

jrichard

7. MaskOfSeasons

Lol, alrighty so then I guess the right question is then: What CAN spawn on claws ?

I saw

-Venom
    -Weapon Block
    -Shadow Master/Warrior
    -Mind Blast
    -Most of the traps except Fire Blast and Blade Sentinel
    -Most of the MA except DTalon :( and Tiger Strike
    -I think I saw Fade and CoS but I'm not sure

Thoughts, comments, insults, random words put up in something that looks like a sentence ?

MaskOfSeasons

8. Ruvanal

Ruvanal IncGamers Member

The level 1 skills can appear on claws under the right circumstances. Monsters/chests that will drop the claws that have staffmods (the +1 to +3 for various individual skills) will end up dropping too high of an ilvl to allow this tier of skills to appear. You will have to get 'creative' to force the ilvl low enough for these skills to appear.

Claws with staffmods are (itemtype=h2h2)

Hand Scythe
    Greater Claws
    Greater Talons
    Scissors Quhab
    Suwayyah
    Wrist Sword
    War Fist
    Battle Cestus
    Feral Claws
    Runic Talons
    Scissors Suwayyah

1st tier skills

Fire Trauma
    Claw Mastery
    Psychic Hammer
    Tiger Strike
    Dragon Talon

2nd tier skills

Shock Field
    Blade Sentinel
    Quickness
    Fists of Fire
    Dragon Claw

3rd tier skills

Charged Bolt Sentry
    Wake of Fire Sentry
    Weapon Block
    Cloak of Shadows
    Cobra Strike

4th tier skills

Blade Fury
    Fade
    Shadow Warrior
    Claws of Thunder
    Dragon Tail

5th tier skills

Lightning Sentry
    Inferno Sentry
    Mind Blast
    Blades of Ice
    Dragon Flight

6th tier skills

Death Sentry
    Blade Shield
    Venom
    Shadow Master
    Royal Strike

Base tier to use for an item is determined by the ilvl as
    tier:ilvl range
    1: 1-11
    2: 12-18
    3: 19-24
    4: 25-36
    5: 37+
    then there is a random adjustment made for which tier to actually use when selecting the actual skill:
    20% chance to add 1
    50% chance to stay unmodified
    20% chance to subtract 1
    10% chance to subtract 2

Low quality items have their max tier capped at 4.

The game will then randomly select among the 5 skills at that tier.

The +X bonus is set by a RND[100] (this will give a range of values from 0 to 99) and if the item is an imbue it will add ilvl/2 (drop fractions).
    If 90 or above, +3
    Between 60 and 89: +2
    Lower than 60: +1

The total skills on the item will have been set by a RND[100] and if an imbue add ilvl to that random number.
    If 91 or above: 3 skills
    Between 71 and 90: 2 skills
    70 or lower: 1 skill

Your hint as to how to get a 1st tier skill claw is somewhere above. ;)

9. jrichard

The imbue quest. IIRC, ilvl with the imbue is clvl+4. You can get the imbue quest at level 8. Using it at level 8-14 would give an ilvl of 12-18, leaving you with a 30% chance of tier one skills being chosen. At level 15-20, it would drop to a 10% chance. Level 21 and above couldn't get tier one chosen on the imbue quest. So, imbue a claw on the list for staffmods with a character of level 8-14 for the best chance at tier one skills being added. That would leave the item with very low chances of more than two skills or more than +2 to any skill with the chances being more likely of one skill with +1 to it.

When shopping, the ilvl = clvl+5. The ilvl has to be 25 for the exceptional/elite upgrade to happen at all. So, shopping can't obtain tier one skills as that puts the claws in tier 4 and tier two would be the lowest they can obtain. This would also negate gambling as a means of getting tier one skills. Tier two skills would also be rather rare when shopping and would have to be shopped by a character no higher than level 31.

I don't see how it would be possible to get the tier one skills from a monster drop as the ilvl will always be too high.

Am i close?

jrichard

10. Jerkazoid

Jerkazoid IncGamers Member

so making a +1 Mage killers with +3 DT on a wrist spike for lvl 24 duelers. or Fascia on a lvl 27, is impossible...

30 hand scythe is the lowest... and even then ill most likely only get +1/ +1DT :(

11. Ruvanal

Ruvanal IncGamers Member

Yes, now think about how to get a 1st tier skill and an affix like 'Cruel' or 'Witch-Hunter's' on the item at the same time.

12. jrichard

The qlvl would have to be high enough to give the item an alvl sufficient for those affixes. I think that would leave only feral claws, runic talons and scissors suwayyahs as the only claws capable of getting cruel, witchhunter's and +'s to tier one skills with the imbue quest.

jrichard

13. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

solution:
    "1 Eld Rune + 1 Chipped Gem + Low Quality Weapon = Normal Quality Weapon of same type
    ilvl = 1. That is, regardless of what the ilvl was beforehand, it will be set to 1."
    from Arreat summits cube page

You can have a rush to get the imbue quest as a clvl 1 or 2 char.

Then with the clvl+4 imbue it will give an item with 5-6 as an ilvl which places the only available +skills in tier 1.

note: You have to use a claw that is able to get +skills. scissors katar is the lowest able to get skills.

Edit: You could also use the 6 pskulls + 1 rare = 1 low quality rare recipe with a clvl 1 it will provide you with an ilvl of .4 original ilvl. So use an imbue and then pskulls to lower the ilvl.

14. jrichard

The imbue quest has a minimum clvl req of 8. Can't complete the quest before that level. Also, the AS has had scissors katar wrongly listed as one of the claws which can get staffmods for a long time. The hand scythe is the lowest level claw available to get them.

I like the idea of using the six pskull recipe to reroll the imbue. You could use a level one mule to do the rerolling after a level 8 char imbued the weapon. Hmm, i have a boatload of pskulls on SP and a white runic talon, might have to give this a whirl and see what comes out of it.

jrichard

15. Lunatic

Lunatic IncGamers Member

Is this a good or a bad thing? :p

16. Ruvanal

Ruvanal IncGamers Member

This is part is not really needed as the ilvl is set to clvl+4 even if the ilvl was already higher to start with.

Also, as was pointed out the imbue quest requires clvl 8+ to complete. But the 6 perfect skull cubing of the rares is the way to go to get the ilvl down to 1.

BTW, this was first discussed in necro forum on another site back during the 1.10betas. The staffmods proceedures listed above will apply to all the items that have the staffmods (staves, orbs, wand, voodoo heads, primal helms and druidic pelts). The only one that may cause some problems are the barbarian skills since the proceedure will force the grouping into groups of 5 skills per tier in the order that they are listed in the skills.txt file (the barb skills are not layed out quite the same as the other 6 classes0.

17. jrichard

A good thing of course. :)

jrichard

18. Lunatic

Lunatic IncGamers Member

Some ppl tend to find it anoying when you do that kind of thing all the time. :D

19. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

Was this an added change in 1.10? I have played SP since the version upgrade and have not been rushed to get these quest at the much lower lvls.

20. Ruvanal

Ruvanal IncGamers Member

The clvl 8 restriction on the malus quest has been in the game since v1.00. Most are not aware of it due to not always bothering with getting it early or if they do, it was in a more or less normal play progression which would normally have the character over level 8 by the time you got the Barracks.