+to skills on claws

Lunatic

Diabloii.Net Member
Normal claws can't have any +skills at all. IIRC most excep and all elite claws can spawn with +skills.

MaskOfSeasons

Diabloii.Net Member
A) I meant normal as in not magical/rare/unique, sorry if this wasn't clear

B) I think I read somewhere that you can't get Claw Mastery so I was wondering if there were OTHER skills that can't spawn on claws ?

Thx for any input

MaskOfSeasons

jrichard

Diabloii.Net Member
IIRC, none of the level one skills will spawn on a claw. FYI, only the hand scythe on up can have +skills, none of the lower quality weapons can.

jrichard

Lunatic

Diabloii.Net Member
jrichard said:
IIRC, none of the level one skills will spawn on a claw. FYI, only the hand scythe on up can have +skills, none of the lower quality weapons can.

jrichard
Well I've never ever seen +BoS on claws either. And that's a lvl 6 skill. :)

jrichard

Diabloii.Net Member
Lol, i actually thought of editing that in, but figured you'd come along to correct it luna. :)

jrichard

MaskOfSeasons

Diabloii.Net Member
Lol, alrighty so then I guess the right question is then: What CAN spawn on claws ?

I saw

-Venom
-Weapon Block
-Shadow Master/Warrior
-Mind Blast
-Most of the traps except Fire Blast and Blade Sentinel
-Most of the MA except DTalon :( and Tiger Strike
-I think I saw Fade and CoS but I'm not sure

Thoughts, comments, insults, random words put up in something that looks like a sentence ?

MaskOfSeasons

Ruvanal

Diabloii.Net Member
jrichard said:

jrichard
The level 1 skills can appear on claws under the right circumstances. Monsters/chests that will drop the claws that have staffmods (the +1 to +3 for various individual skills) will end up dropping too high of an ilvl to allow this tier of skills to appear. You will have to get 'creative' to force the ilvl low enough for these skills to appear.

Claws with staffmods are (itemtype=h2h2)

Hand Scythe
Greater Claws
Greater Talons
Scissors Quhab
Suwayyah
Wrist Sword
War Fist
Battle Cestus
Feral Claws
Runic Talons
Scissors Suwayyah

1st tier skills

Fire Trauma
Claw Mastery
Psychic Hammer
Tiger Strike
Dragon Talon

2nd tier skills

Shock Field
Blade Sentinel
Quickness
Fists of Fire
Dragon Claw

3rd tier skills

Charged Bolt Sentry
Wake of Fire Sentry
Weapon Block
Cloak of Shadows
Cobra Strike

4th tier skills

Blade Fury
Fade
Shadow Warrior
Claws of Thunder
Dragon Tail

5th tier skills

Lightning Sentry
Inferno Sentry
Mind Blast
Blades of Ice
Dragon Flight

6th tier skills

Death Sentry
Blade Shield
Venom
Shadow Master
Royal Strike

Base tier to use for an item is determined by the ilvl as
tier:ilvl range
1: 1-11
2: 12-18
3: 19-24
4: 25-36
5: 37+
then there is a random adjustment made for which tier to actually use when selecting the actual skill:
20% chance to add 1
50% chance to stay unmodified
20% chance to subtract 1
10% chance to subtract 2

Low quality items have their max tier capped at 4.

The game will then randomly select among the 5 skills at that tier.

The +X bonus is set by a RND[100] (this will give a range of values from 0 to 99) and if the item is an imbue it will add ilvl/2 (drop fractions).
If 90 or above, +3
Between 60 and 89: +2
Lower than 60: +1

The total skills on the item will have been set by a RND[100] and if an imbue add ilvl to that random number.
If 91 or above: 3 skills
Between 71 and 90: 2 skills
70 or lower: 1 skill

Your hint as to how to get a 1st tier skill claw is somewhere above. ;)

jrichard

Diabloii.Net Member
The imbue quest. IIRC, ilvl with the imbue is clvl+4. You can get the imbue quest at level 8. Using it at level 8-14 would give an ilvl of 12-18, leaving you with a 30% chance of tier one skills being chosen. At level 15-20, it would drop to a 10% chance. Level 21 and above couldn't get tier one chosen on the imbue quest. So, imbue a claw on the list for staffmods with a character of level 8-14 for the best chance at tier one skills being added. That would leave the item with very low chances of more than two skills or more than +2 to any skill with the chances being more likely of one skill with +1 to it.

When shopping, the ilvl = clvl+5. The ilvl has to be 25 for the exceptional/elite upgrade to happen at all. So, shopping can't obtain tier one skills as that puts the claws in tier 4 and tier two would be the lowest they can obtain. This would also negate gambling as a means of getting tier one skills. Tier two skills would also be rather rare when shopping and would have to be shopped by a character no higher than level 31.

I don't see how it would be possible to get the tier one skills from a monster drop as the ilvl will always be too high.

Am i close?

jrichard

Jerkazoid

Diabloii.Net Member
so making a +1 Mage killers with +3 DT on a wrist spike for lvl 24 duelers. or Fascia on a lvl 27, is impossible...

30 hand scythe is the lowest... and even then ill most likely only get +1/ +1DT :(

Ruvanal

Diabloii.Net Member
jrichard said:
The imbue quest. ...Am i close?

jrichard
Yes, now think about how to get a 1st tier skill and an affix like 'Cruel' or 'Witch-Hunter's' on the item at the same time.

jrichard

Diabloii.Net Member
Ruvanal said:
Yes, now think about how to get a 1st tier skill and an affix like 'Cruel' or 'Witch-Hunter's' on the item at the same time.
The qlvl would have to be high enough to give the item an alvl sufficient for those affixes. I think that would leave only feral claws, runic talons and scissors suwayyahs as the only claws capable of getting cruel, witchhunter's and +'s to tier one skills with the imbue quest.

jrichard

Uzziah

Diabloii.Net Member
Ruvanal said:
The level 1 skills can appear on claws under the right circumstances. Monsters/chests that will drop the claws that have staffmods (the +1 to +3 for various individual skills) will end up dropping too high of an ilvl to allow this tier of skills to appear. You will have to get 'creative' to force the ilvl low enough for these skills to appear.

The +X bonus is set by a RND[100] (this will give a range of values from 0 to 99) and if the item is an imbue it will add ilvl/2 (drop fractions).
If 90 or above, +3
Between 60 and 89: +2
Lower than 60: +1

The total skills on the item will have been set by a RND[100] and if an imbue add ilvl to that random number.
If 91 or above: 3 skills
Between 71 and 90: 2 skills
70 or lower: 1 skill

Your hint as to how to get a 1st tier skill claw is somewhere above. ;)
[/size][/size]
solution:
"1 Eld Rune + 1 Chipped Gem + Low Quality Weapon = Normal Quality Weapon of same type
ilvl = 1. That is, regardless of what the ilvl was beforehand, it will be set to 1."
from Arreat summits cube page

You can have a rush to get the imbue quest as a clvl 1 or 2 char.

Then with the clvl+4 imbue it will give an item with 5-6 as an ilvl which places the only available +skills in tier 1.

note: You have to use a claw that is able to get +skills. scissors katar is the lowest able to get skills.

Edit: You could also use the 6 pskulls + 1 rare = 1 low quality rare recipe with a clvl 1 it will provide you with an ilvl of .4 original ilvl. So use an imbue and then pskulls to lower the ilvl.

jrichard

Diabloii.Net Member
Uzziah said:
solution:
"1 Eld Rune + 1 Chipped Gem + Low Quality Weapon = Normal Quality Weapon of same type
ilvl = 1. That is, regardless of what the ilvl was beforehand, it will be set to 1."

You can have a rush to get the imbue quest as a clvl 1 or 2 char.

Then with the clvl+4 imbue it will give an item with 5-6 as an ilvl which places the only available +skills in tier 1.

note: You have to use a claw that is able to get +skills. scissors katar is the lowest able to get skills.

Edit: You could also use the 6 pskulls + 1 rare = 1 low quality rare recipe with a clvl 1 it will provide you with an ilvl of .4 original ilvl. So use an imbue and then pskulls to lower the ilvl.
The imbue quest has a minimum clvl req of 8. Can't complete the quest before that level. Also, the AS has had scissors katar wrongly listed as one of the claws which can get staffmods for a long time. The hand scythe is the lowest level claw available to get them.

I like the idea of using the six pskull recipe to reroll the imbue. You could use a level one mule to do the rerolling after a level 8 char imbued the weapon. Hmm, i have a boatload of pskulls on SP and a white runic talon, might have to give this a whirl and see what comes out of it.

jrichard

Ruvanal

Diabloii.Net Member
Uzziah said:
solution:
This is part is not really needed as the ilvl is set to clvl+4 even if the ilvl was already higher to start with.

Also, as was pointed out the imbue quest requires clvl 8+ to complete. But the 6 perfect skull cubing of the rares is the way to go to get the ilvl down to 1.

BTW, this was first discussed in necro forum on another site back during the 1.10betas. The staffmods proceedures listed above will apply to all the items that have the staffmods (staves, orbs, wand, voodoo heads, primal helms and druidic pelts). The only one that may cause some problems are the barbarian skills since the proceedure will force the grouping into groups of 5 skills per tier in the order that they are listed in the skills.txt file (the barb skills are not layed out quite the same as the other 6 classes0.

Uzziah

Diabloii.Net Member
Ruvanal said:
Also, as was pointed out the imbue quest requires clvl 8+ to complete. But the 6 perfect skull cubing of the rares is the way to go to get the ilvl down to 1.
Was this an added change in 1.10? I have played SP since the version upgrade and have not been rushed to get these quest at the much lower lvls.

Ruvanal

Diabloii.Net Member
Uzziah said:
Was this an added change in 1.10? I have played SP since the version upgrade and have not been rushed to get these quest at the much lower lvls.
The clvl 8 restriction on the malus quest has been in the game since v1.00. Most are not aware of it due to not always bothering with getting it early or if they do, it was in a more or less normal play progression which would normally have the character over level 8 by the time you got the Barracks.