Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

To shield or not to shield?

Discussion in 'Druid' started by DominusAurelius, Apr 1, 2004.

1. DominusAurelius

DominusAurelius IncGamers Member

To shield or not to shield?

I have just started a FireClaw Wearbear druid........when in bear form, does a shiled do me any good, other than the added defense and whatever properties it may have.......i guess i mean does it do any good in blocking......is it better to just say the heck with it and use a 2 handed weapon for added damage.

Also, will using fire claws as my main attack present problems.....are many monster types/bosses usually immune to fire........

2. ventilator

ventilator IncGamers Member

Blocking works just fine in wereform, i don't know however if the wereforms got different FBR breakpoints than the normal druid. Furthermore weapon damage doesn't matter with Fireclaws anyway, so there's no reason to go 2-handed.

In Hell all monster are immune to at least one element, so a fair share are immune to fire. I don't see any room for a second element attack on a bear though. Either rely on merc, or use Maul with high damage weapon switch or go partied is all I can advise.

3. VictusMetuo

VictusMetuo IncGamers Member

If you can get max resists with a 2-hander, then go 2-handed PvM. If you can't get a resist and other mod shield. It's annoying to block.

Yeah there's a lot of Fire Immunes, get a good merc to help you or try to rely on a level 20 with +skills Maul, but you will have low AR.

4. ventilator

ventilator IncGamers Member

It's far more annoying to get into Hit Recovery and to loose 4x the amount of life than going into block animation. I can see no point in ditching blocking and resists for a little more physical damage, when the bulk of your damage is elemental anyway and your attack skill doesn't put added base damage to use like an Avenger for example.

5. VictusMetuo

VictusMetuo IncGamers Member

I didn't say ditch resists, I said if you had enough resists to go 2-Handed. You can get faster FHR than FBR, and you won't always go into FHR. It's annoying to Block and then take hits after that until you can block again. And if you're going to talk about going into FHR, then if you do get it, you can/will still go into FHR after you Block. So it eliminates one of the two interruptions. The only attacks that hit me anyway seem to be Elemental from long range, and block won't help you there. So if you need the Resists, use a Shield.