Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

To ladder or not to ladder

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Ministrie, Feb 24, 2004.

1. Ministrie

Ministrie IncGamers Member

To ladder or not to ladder

Ok Pretty new to the game, I started playing because my friend does and got addicted.

However, when I created my accounts (3 of them) I created them as non ladder.

So my question is, which is better, which has more people, and I take it there is no way to tranfer any items from my non ladder characters to ladder characters.

I have a lvl 37 necro, a lvl 26 necro and a lvl 12 barb.

Thanks in advance!

2. innorton38

innorton38 IncGamers Member

I don't think there's any way to transfer stuff onto the ladder from off ladder. Sorry. As for which is better, it depends on who you ask. I think most people play ladder right now. I like the challenge and there are a lot of great items and cube recipes that are ladder-only. Also, everyone off ladder tends to have ridiculously godly gear so it's less fun (even though the ladder season's been open for a while and the same thing's happening there. I'd suggest giving the ladder a try, but that's just my opinion. (plus you should be able to get to the levels you describe pretty quickly if you join the right games.) Good luck and have fun!

3. Ministrie

Ok a little confused,

So when you say ladder season, does that mean that everyone starts back at zero? If so how long is a ladder season.

Is there a ladder faq? I have not been able to find one yet.

Thanks!

4. Ministrie

Ok I found the ladder faq on the area summit website.
    Thanks!

5. Richard-gm39

Richard-gm39 IncGamers Member

I suggest waiting till the ladder season starts over again, then starting on ladder.

6. Ezakimak

Ezakimak IncGamers Member

Thats not a bad sugestion but...but who knows how long of a wait you'll have till the ladder resets. It could be latter tonight or it could be a year from now. Anythingyou here other wise is just rumors, until there is an official announcment from Blizzard.

Ministrie....If you do decide to play ladder...and your on USwest...give me a whisper...I'll give you a hand leveling some of your new chars.

PM me if you want some help...I'll give you my account names.