To Carnage-DVS:

Sip

Banned
To Carnage-DVS:

Hey carnage (or anyone else who is good with pvp)!

I recently acquired the following items:

Perfect ethereal ginthers rift (well...147%, but close enough)
30%ed/5max/-15 req jewel
Several other level 37 ed jewels
15%/8% string

Now my question is...What is the best possible dueler i can make with these items. Barb zerker? What level? does whirlwind work? How much ias would i need on top of my ginthers. Sould i use shaftstop? arreats? artisans/jewelers armor? artisans tower shield? I really have no idea what to do since i've never made a 1 handed barb dueler.

I appreciate any imput

BreakThruX

Diabloii.Net Member
I gots a 15 ias 12 max jewel :) any ways WW barbs are pretty nice cause you get lotsa hits in there and they cant hit you too much, i think it would be cool if you had a leeap attack and WW baba, just leap em for runners and then ww :) It can be pretty intimidating seeing the good old sexy WW back hehe i dueled one with my untwinked assasin and nothing too much came out of it but then again he sucked, he was level 75 and using hawkmail...ahem. All i can say is i think it would be cool to do ww. Theres my fitty cents. (damn whats the damage on that ginthers? if you dont do anything with it i might be interested iun trading. :p)

Shadoway

Diabloii.Net Member
DFA-FrstbyteOO said:
only downside to that ginthers is that it is gonna break really fast. otherwise a great mid-PvP weapon
Why would it break? It is self-repair.

As for the bear suggestion, I think the ginthers rift will make your attack snail-slow. All the fun you are enjoying now will be gone even if you lose 1 frame.

IMO, that sword is best for a charge pally. Barbs can use two handed swords for better range. But a charge pally really need a short range weapon to charge-lock.

DFA-FrstbyteOO

Diabloii.Net Member
lol I need to play more D2 these days..

okay Ill stick my foot in my mouth then cuz youre right.. feel like such a hoob :p

in that case... ginthers is a fast weapon as is.. I can see a conc baba workin it or even WW or zerk. not sure the bps off the top of my head (its beed a long time) even a fury wolf might make a good char to go with it. anything that can utilize the swords speed would compliment it well. How about a zeal/charger?

Kelicc

Diabloii.Net Member
DFA-FrstbyteOO said:
lol I need to play more D2 these days..

okay Ill stick my foot in my mouth then cuz youre right.. feel like such a hoob :p

in that case... ginthers is a fast weapon as is.. I can see a conc baba workin it or even WW. not sure the bps off the top of my head (its beed a long time) even a fury wolf might make a good char to go with it. anything that can utilize the swords speed and dmg would compliment it well.
You ARE a hoob :p Sorry, couldn't resist ;)

Dubby

Diabloii.Net Member
dont mention the word booty in any thread that manlove posts on, you dont know what kinda doors you would open.

i know seph is a decent dueler :p , but when did he become the authority..lol j/k bubba

Sip

Banned
Well...I am thinking a level 38 berzerker. Maybe something along the lines of:

3 socket barb helm with +berserk/+bo filled with ed jewels
Ginthers rift (shael'd? ed/ias? ed/max/-15req??)
ed jeweled shaftstop
perfect string (deaths sash for sorcs)
Ik gauntlets/boots (for 25 ias)
Mahim oak
Rare rings with stat
tower shield of deflecting with 3x ed jewels
+2 bo weps on switch

Max Berserk, battle orders. 1 in mastery and the rest in shout?

the problem with paladins would be their low life. Im not a big fan of trading for 39x small charms of vita...

Druid could be good too...But I dont think they get much skill %ed...and berserk bypasses all physical damage reduction (I could really stick it to those shaft/string wearing 2 hand chargers)

PhatTrumpet

Diabloii.Net Member
Guillaume's Face.

Possibly switch String out for IK Belt so you can use Travs and still get the 25%ias bonus (30%DR from Shaft should be enough).

Carnage-DVS

Diabloii.Net Member
I havn't made a below 4x char for a looooooooooooong time but in 1.09, most people used eth ginthers/ferocious naga/zwei at lvl 38. I don't think eth ginthers can deal enough dmg with ww to guarantee a kill, so I think zerk is your best bet. Make sure you have good fhr and swing speed.

NightShade

Diabloii.Net Member
Currently Whirl'ers do not do enough damage at that level to justify them.

A conc barb would far better serve that wepon, with 1 point into whirl. With the fact that conc is directly tied to BO it's hard to outmatch it, and the 400%ed you can get (eh, I could be wrong) from it adds up with how fast that lil bugger swings.

The problem with zerk is the fact that not only do you have zero def, you also can be interrupted which screws you over sooooo badly.