Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

To Bone or to Ball

Discussion in 'PvP' started by cheesypotatoes, Apr 7, 2005.

1. cheesypotatoes

cheesypotatoes IncGamers Member

To Bone or to Ball

Im making a new pvp char over the next week. I've been using fire sorcs since the begining of 110, and only 1 bonemancer. How do Necros do? I rip through most of them fairley easy.

2. digital_mana

digital_mana IncGamers Member

On NL, Necro is one of the best. Definately edges out FB sorc.

3. cheesypotatoes

well if im going with a necro should i go for the 125 fcr bp or not.

4. CookiesnCream

CookiesnCream IncGamers Member

Yeah, you should go to the 125 fcr bp.

5. riath

riath IncGamers Member

This is a matter of wealth as well as preference. I have almost a fetish for max block, and never leave homw without it. Necros have a poor stat oint:life ratio anyways. I am personally not wealthy enough for good fcr rings or an ammy/circ. This leaves me at the 75% bp and homunc.
    If you can afford the gear, getting 125% as well as max block is awesome. An alternative is maxing raise skeleton in the late game, and summon stacking instead of going for block. You may or may not be confortable with this option, as some consider it poor manners.

6. cheesypotatoes

max blockings great but would it be worth it in a darkforce with its beastly ...32% block...

7. Inuyasha

Inuyasha IncGamers Member

Block somewhat limits your shield options, making attaining certain things harder. As said, it is all a matter of chioce. If you are dueling in a private league that does find summon stacking to be an unfair advantage not to be used, then by all means go max block. Otherwise, I am a supporter of summons.

8. digital_mana

digital_mana IncGamers Member

You really shouldn't need summons (except your golem) or max block with a 125fcr nec.. If you're getting hit a lot you need to duel better, thats all.

9. Arbedark

Arbedark IncGamers Member

Bone / Summon necro all the way. I got one, and i must say i love him. So what if i onyl do 3k Spear. It's enough for me to be able to kill almost any character. Only thing i really have any sort of problem with are 200% fcr ES sorcs. Minion stacking means virtually nothing can hurt me (NL btw, so this might change on Ladder)

But thats just my opinion.

Arb

10. Emerald Dragon

Emerald Dragon IncGamers Member

The reason why bone necros kick butt so much is because their attacks deliver high damage and are magic. Have you taken a look at the defense against magic attacks?

There highest you can get on an item is the Negation suffix, which is a pathetic 4-6 Magic Damage Reduced, a couple set items carry around 2 to 3 on board MDR, and a saftey shield gives magic resistance +5-10% and
    MDR (1-2).

Who the heck enters a duel game with a saftey shield? Besides that, you'd be lucky to get in 10 MDR without sacrificing equipment.