To Bone or to Ball

cheesypotatoes

Diabloii.Net Member
To Bone or to Ball

Im making a new pvp char over the next week. I've been using fire sorcs since the begining of 110, and only 1 bonemancer. How do Necros do? I rip through most of them fairley easy.

riath

Diabloii.Net Member
cheesypotatoes said:
well if im going with a necro should i go for the 125 fcr bp or not.
This is a matter of wealth as well as preference. I have almost a fetish for max block, and never leave homw without it. Necros have a poor stat oint:life ratio anyways. I am personally not wealthy enough for good fcr rings or an ammy/circ. This leaves me at the 75% bp and homunc.
If you can afford the gear, getting 125% as well as max block is awesome. An alternative is maxing raise skeleton in the late game, and summon stacking instead of going for block. You may or may not be confortable with this option, as some consider it poor manners.

cheesypotatoes

Diabloii.Net Member
riath said:
This is a matter of wealth as well as preference. I have almost a fetish for max block, and never leave homw without it. Necros have a poor stat oint:life ratio anyways. I am personally not wealthy enough for good fcr rings or an ammy/circ. This leaves me at the 75% bp and homunc.
If you can afford the gear, getting 125% as well as max block is awesome. An alternative is maxing raise skeleton in the late game, and summon stacking instead of going for block. You may or may not be confortable with this option, as some consider it poor manners.
max blockings great but would it be worth it in a darkforce with its beastly ...32% block...

Inuyasha

Diabloii.Net Member
Block somewhat limits your shield options, making attaining certain things harder. As said, it is all a matter of chioce. If you are dueling in a private league that does find summon stacking to be an unfair advantage not to be used, then by all means go max block. Otherwise, I am a supporter of summons.

digital_mana

Diabloii.Net Member
You really shouldn't need summons (except your golem) or max block with a 125fcr nec.. If you're getting hit a lot you need to duel better, thats all.

Arbedark

Diabloii.Net Member
Bone / Summon necro all the way. I got one, and i must say i love him. So what if i onyl do 3k Spear. It's enough for me to be able to kill almost any character. Only thing i really have any sort of problem with are 200% fcr ES sorcs. Minion stacking means virtually nothing can hurt me (NL btw, so this might change on Ladder)

But thats just my opinion.

Arb

Emerald Dragon

Diabloii.Net Member
The reason why bone necros kick butt so much is because their attacks deliver high damage and are magic. Have you taken a look at the defense against magic attacks?

There highest you can get on an item is the Negation suffix, which is a pathetic 4-6 Magic Damage Reduced, a couple set items carry around 2 to 3 on board MDR, and a saftey shield gives magic resistance +5-10% and
MDR (1-2).

Who the heck enters a duel game with a saftey shield? Besides that, you'd be lucky to get in 10 MDR without sacrificing equipment.