To block or to not block..

TTTimo

Diabloii.Net Member
To block or to not block..

Hi, I have a PvP Poison Necro, with a lot of unused stat points.. I was looking into blocking, and it would cost me about 264 life (before BO and other multipliers) to reach max block at lvl 90. Is it really worth it? Would the Necro's block rate keep up with the incoming hits?

Kirah

Diabloii.Net Member
Hi, I have a PvP Poison Necro, with a lot of unused stat points.. I was looking into blocking, and it would cost me about 264 life (before BO and other multipliers) to reach max block at lvl 90. Is it really worth it? Would the Necro's block rate keep up with the incoming hits?
Depends on the type of shield you're using. A homuc with a Shael provides pretty fast block for example. I tend to lean toward block even with a PvM summonmancer, just because the vita to hit points ratio for necros is so pathetic. It's probably just because I adore hearing that "ping" noise when something is blocked while I'm standing there casting curses. I will say that having that block was useful when my skellies got overrun by a fanat pack of champion frenzytaurs and bought me that split second of time to hit a purple potions. Having the extra 264 life probably would not have done me much good as those frenzytaurs really hit hard!

Good luck in PvP!
Kirah

TTTimo

Diabloii.Net Member
"ping"

Random Charging Paly was slain by Blocking Novamancer

thanks for replies, blocking really helps :smile:

Jackson

Diabloii.Net Member
thanks for replies, blocking really helps

For most instances in PvP, block is very important... keep that in mind.