Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

To any paintball experts

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Gibbzilla, Aug 27, 2006.

1. Gibbzilla

Gibbzilla Diabloii.Net Member

To any paintball experts

I just ordered a $60 Spyder Imagine, and from what I understand, the stock hopper isn't good enough to shoot the maximum BPS. (15 I believe) To anyone who knows a lot about paintball gear, is there a hopper under $50 that could enable the Imagine to shoot 15 BPS without a lot of chopped paint?

2. Stompwampa

Stompwampa Diabloii.Net Member

it doesn't even matter. with cheap guns like that, your rate of fire is dependent on how fast you can pull the trigger. Yes, the gun is capable of 15 bps, but can you really pull the trigger that many times? you're looking at perhaps 4-7 bps in reality.
    If you want maximum bps, invest in a gun with a double hair trigger on three shot burst. then you'll be cookin.

3. PatMaGroin

PatMaGroin Diabloii.Net Member

Do you really need 15 bps? What's the point?

4. HAMC8112

HAMC8112 Diabloii.Net Member

You need only one shot really, the trick is to aim.

5. Gibbzilla

In-game, you'll need more than one shot. Paintball guns don't have the aim of real guns.

6. HAMC8112

Bows do not have the aim of real guns either and yet there is people that can shoot an arrow in your eye at 100 meter.

So i'll refrase that, practice your aim.

7. Veilside

Veilside Diabloii.Net Member

I've seen paintballs spin off in a random direction due to small debris in the barrel, i've NEVER seen an arrow randomly spin. You can't compare the two things.

8. Gibbzilla

You're in control of shooting the arrow, though. With a paintball gun, you have to get a very highly priced gun to consistently shoot a target 100+ feet. Paintballs curve much worse than arrows, especially with lower-prestige guns.

9. HAMC8112

I am not comparing, i said practice your aim.

And you should really clean your barrel more.

10. Veilside

Veilside Diabloii.Net Member

And it also depends entirely on the money you've spent on the gun. Even with the crappest bow it's easy enough to hit a target if the wind isn't too strong.

11. HAMC8112

To a certain extent yes. If you buy a 50 cent gun that uses a broken rubber band as means of propelant ok, it's not going to workout good.

12. Dondrei

Dondrei Diabloii.Net Member

Bows shoot as straight as an arrow. So to speak.

13. pancakeman

pancakeman Diabloii.Net Member

The Spyder Imagine is electronic, so it comes with programmable burst and full-auto, IIRC. This:http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...88231/ref=sr_1_11/102-6386739-8953745?ie=UTF8
    should be able to keep up with it, but is not the best thing out there. If you like it, shop from that company for your hoppers. Their markers aren't very good, but the hoppers rule. I use one of those on my Rodeo, and I can get up to 10 bps. That is with a mechanical marker, too. I don't know what the max is, though I tried it out with a friend's MR2 and it held on until the thing went full auto.
    Where did you find an Imagine for $60? Or did you buy it used?

A small, sometimes soft, ball of paint is much more subject to curvature, since CO2, even compressed air, are both unreliable. Both of them are stored in very cold tanks, so when you put them in your smaller tank, they heat up and the velocity fluctuates. Hence, you may not be able to land the same shot twice in a row. Also, like someone said, chopped balls in the barrel or even small patches of paint can effect the speed and direction of the shot, as well as wind. Plus, the way you hold a marker isn't necessarily the best for aiming, and small movements can screw with your aim very much. An inch isn't much at 5 feet, but what would that be at 50 yards?

14. shacktack

shacktack Diabloii.Net Member

why do you need to shoot that many though, its so mcuyh paint that you wont have any money left by the end of the round

15. pancakeman

It depends on if you want to use that much money or not. I've seen people with 8 to 10 cases for themselves, or 16-20,000 shots. These people were out there to flex their paint-spraying muscle, and layed down some serious fire. I personally don't need much, so I tend to stay to about a case and a half for a 9 hour game.

16. Kiba

Kiba Diabloii.Net Member

Heh i use a wgp auto-cocker set up as a pump gun my self ^^

Spyder maker's are one of the best paintball gun's you can get for there price.
    Id suggest getting a aftermarket barrel and a veiwloader mechanical hopper.

17. pancakeman

Well, the factory barrel can work temporarily, but I would recommend a Teardrop barrel and a good barrel kit later on.

18. Stompwampa

Stompwampa Diabloii.Net Member

i agree. I purchased a sniper barrel for my Tippmann Pro-Carbine...I know, it's not the best gun out there, but it can shoot far, and the sniper barrel made it accurate as hell. and people always freaked out when I walked onto the field, unscrewed the factory barrel, and then screwed in another one that was rifled, and a foot longer...

19. Kiba

Kiba Diabloii.Net Member

What's sad is you got kid's with rich daddy's out there that will buy them the jersey's and all the exspensive crap like angel's , or any of the other new electric trigger gun's.

I work for a paintball company called Borderland paintball and rent out eqiupment and ref small private group's of people that just want too have fun.

One time we even had Tony hawk's son's birthday party for a group (buncha spoiled rich kid's) , they were snobby bastard's too say the least , one even gave one of our ref's the finger.

IMHO you need too just start with basic stuff and then get better equipment if you wanna become a good paintball player.

I have been playin for 12 year's now and i have access too anything i want but ill stick with my Pump gun any day because i dont need too make up for anything with exspensive crappy electric gun's.

GOGO OLD SHCOOL PUMP GUN'S!!! AWOOOO!!!

20. pancakeman

Well said.

@Stomp: My friend, and teammate, has a homemade sniper rifle. He took his Tippmann A5, put a 28-inch barrel on it, a scope, a stock, and covered the thing in camo netting. It is hilarious watching people get psyched out when he takes the giant thing out of it's case.
    @Wolf: I see people all the time with DM6s and Angels, sitting out in a forest, thinking that they can just go full-auto on anything they see. Pathetic. I assume speedball has more of these brats, but my local field gets a lot of them. The veterans stay away from them, and never leave them alone to hold a flank or patrol an area. They are more likely to shoot at anything that moves, simply to be firing. They are also the ones that will ditch first in a firefight, and the last ones to reinforce you.