Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

To all you smart router people.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by cyclotronic, Mar 18, 2004.

1. cyclotronic

cyclotronic IncGamers Member

To all you smart router people.

Lets get this out of the way, This is the first router ive ever bought. I dont know anything about them except there basic functions. I just got dsl, had dialup for 10years before.

Ok heres the problem.

The router is not allowing me to connect to the internet, and i need to connect to the internet to configure it. I plug all the right cords to the right holes and turn it on and it wont let me connect. The modem is hooked to the router and the router is hooked to the computer and xbox. I need to be able to connect to configure this router.

If this isnt enough info ask me I might know.

Thanks.

2. Suicidal Zebra

Suicidal Zebra IncGamers Member

Are you sure you need to connect to the internet, and not a local page like http://192.168.0.1 ? Seems a little strange to me.

Whatever, your router make may help for the problem solvers here, and have you made sure you have the right cables (patch rather than crossover ethernet cables etc.),

3. cyclotronic

Ok i just hooked everything back up and tried going to the ip it gives. After like a minute of loading it says "page cannot be found".

And the 24/7 tech support is not working either.

4. th5418

th5418 Banned

What router do you have?

5. cyclotronic

dlink di-604

6. perroladron

perroladron IncGamers Member

Assuming your're running WINXP or WIN 2K open up a command prompt by clicking start > run and typing cmd then at the prompt type ipconfig and make sure your ip address is something like 192.168.0.100 , if it isnt tell me what it is , also be sure that you get a light at every ethernet connection (either amber or green).

7. {KOW}Spazed

{KOW}Spazed Banned

You have to look at the setup page to configure it all. Look in the book to see if you can find the number for the setup page mine is http://192.168.1.1 Once there configure all your little gizmos to what you have and there ya go. I have a Linksys so that might not be the page for you. I am sure there is something like that you need to do. Oh and if you have a VPN that will work without a setup, but I doubt you have one set up. GL HF

{KOW}spazed

8. cyclotronic

thanks guys

9. cyclotronic

I thought ihad it but no... I connect all the cords and try to connect to the internet. It doesnt let me connect. How am I summposed to hget to httt://[font=&quot]192.168.0.1 if im not connected to the internet? I looked in the book and it is [/font][font=&quot][font=&quot]192.168.0.1. What do I do?
    [/font][/font]

10. Carino

Carino IncGamers Member

You don't need the internet to be able to connect to the router, since you are directly connected to the router via a straight through cable, you should be able to connect to it.

11. cyclotronic

I tried that and it didnt work either. How do connect when it doesnt let me load the page?

12. Canadia142

Canadia142 Banned

Here's what to do. Get rid of dlink. We had that type of router and it sucked so much. It was never stable, always going out and dropping in speed. The tech support people never help with anything. We ended up just going a physical wiring.

13. cyclotronic

Id like to get this to work and if its really bad ill look at differnt options.