Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

to all of you PvP gurus...

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by BaNiSeR, Mar 23, 2004.

1. BaNiSeR

BaNiSeR IncGamers Member

to all of you PvP gurus...

i just completed my lvl 25 PvP kickasin! i followed sip's guide so im guessing she is pretty much the same as the rest of them lol but her dammage just seems low!

lvl 4 +2 from switch BoS grants me 39% IAS and 45% run/walk (10% IAS from bloodfists and 20 from twitch according to sips guide i should be WAY over the IAS breakpoint for a 4/2 talon)

lvl 21 talon does 47 average PvP dammage per kick with 4 kicks at max frame rate for them i believe.

lvl 2 flight does 54 average PvP dmg

well, ok, the flight dmg is low, but its really a utility skill im thinking. use it to get me right up there and in their face, or to finish someone with no HP left as they run away...but the talon's dmg is the same pretty much! 57 dmg * 4 kicks = 228 average dmg.

with 125 str 53 dex 126 vita (717 life max) im seeking reassurance that i didnt screw up someware!

2. Mr.Bogohossian

Mr.Bogohossian Banned

get crushing blow. When cb comes in, my druid does 600 pvp damage to druids. (my damage is only 350-600, before pvp penalty).

3. Sip

Sip Banned

What boots are you using? Your dex seems a bit low to have max block too...

Only way to know how good you are is to make a dueling game and see how many Paladins you can kill.

4. senji

senji Banned

heres an alternative

if you don't mind getting kill 1 in hit and only rely on 75% block

fill your inventory with all +5 str large charms
    this will give you 100 str
    helmet armor all with perfect amethyst

this will boost kick damage alot

your strategy will be using df constantly on top of chargers if thats the only class your dueling so they have no chance of charging

5. Baranor

Baranor IncGamers Member

Ho hum hum ho. Mebbie I should make a level 12 sin... IIRC I could push 30 PvP per kick with my chosen setup. Half your level, half your damage ^_^.

6. Silkweed

Silkweed IncGamers Member

Make sure you're using War Boots for the extra boot damage. You can shop some 20% FRW ones off of Anya in Hell, which is what I did until I found some plain War Boots and imbued them to get some better mods.

I interchange between 3 Amethyst helm and 3 Ruby helm, but I do nearly 60 PvP damage per kick if I remember correctly. I should check that. Anyway, have fun, this build is great!

7. NightShade

NightShade IncGamers Member

Can't imagine a low level one working too well but it'd be interesting to see.

Chargers would ofcourse kill it rather easily, as she can't catch ^^.

Something along the lines of :

Sigonsboots
    Sigons gloves
    Angelics
    deaths belt
    Some sheild. Probably pelta.

Life gothic
    Life helm
    Steel scimitar

I'd imagine the damage would be a little low.

8. BaNiSeR

BaNiSeR IncGamers Member

well, heres my complete setup:
    Switch:
    2 +1 assasin skill claws

Main:
    "strength" blade talons
    "eld" sigons shield
    3 Pamethyst great helm
    Pamethyst twitchthrow
    bloodfist
    some silly rare war boots
    angelic ring(2) and ammy
    deaths belt

charms:
    +9 total strength
    +9 total dex
    +7% faster run/walk
    +126 total life

249-443 dragon talon dmg per kick w/ 4 kicks (lvl 21)
    5239 talon AR
    233-417 dragon flight dmg (lvl 2)
    1563 flight AR

125 str
    53 dex w/ max block (75%)
    126 vita w/ 717 life and 289 stamina
    25 nrg (base) w/ 63 mana

i guess i could have listed this all before, but ah well lol
    53 dex does give me max block with the eld in the shield and the twitch
    i nead to find nicer boots, sofar no such luck though :(
    IMO i went more defensive as i got the 125 str neaded for war boots from my items (20 on strength claw, 30 helm, 20 armor and them some from charms) so that i could place as many points as possable into vita.

beyond that...i can change some things around, or remake her completely since it took me maby an hour to do tops lol gogo enchantress!

9. NightShade

I'd imagine a "titan kicker" (kinda) would indeed be far more powerful.

How many times do you actually get a solid hit on you from chargers?

10. BaNiSeR

BaNiSeR IncGamers Member

i have no idea, thats why im asking this. did i mess up someware in the vita department or something lol :)

with my 75% block im fairely well set, and i dont think chargers could chew through my 700 HP in 1-2 hits...what is the average live of a charger?

will my 57 average dmg per kick be enough to kill the charger? (sorry! my talon average per kick is 57 PvP dmg, not 47! sorry for the typo...no wonder it looked so low to you guys!)

how about this, since everyone is getting annoyed with all these PK topic threads would anyone like to help me out in channel/in game? :p

11. NightShade

Anything I make over 24 has 800 hpts or I feel uncomfortable.

12. BaNiSeR

BaNiSeR IncGamers Member

lol, ouch, im a bit low for you then...glad in not over 24! :p
    neway, christor is being a pal to me so i hope i will be able to learn the ropes (im betting the hard way) and start to see some fun results!

looking forward to posting my first ear story :p though im thinking it will be MY ear on the ground not an opponents lol

13. xxsteelxx

xxsteelxx IncGamers Member

i find i rarely get hit by chargers very rarely. 4 example, i was duelin some 25 pk pally named srfreud on west and when he charged i lagged. I came out of the lag with about 100 life ...chugged a rejuve and kicked him till he left lol ( about the 25th time ive beaten him lol, and he always leaves....i suspect chicken :) ) When he came back to the game he said he had a 4 hit charge on me and only hit once. 2 hits i would have died.

Ive also dueled 30 + pallys with min pvp damage higher then my life before and usually win. Everyonce in a while they get a hit and i remake lol

14. Cleglaw_Himself

Cleglaw_Himself IncGamers Member

SrFreud is a known chicken user. (Well, I suspect it too, as he rejoins instantly after he disappears mid-kick).
    I also have beaten him countless times with a kicksin, he chickens each time. I could not kill him. I made a lvl 30 charger to beat him, but he just laughed and refused to duel, lol!
    I have also seen him trying to pk low teen chars in normal sewers...

15. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

Is there any crushing here?

i cant see a DT sin doing a hell of a lot without crushing, it seems she could do alot better with some other items like these:

Rixots Keen
    GToes
    Norm Unique Purple armor
    Pelta or other "speedy" shield, sigs is slow

Do you need all of these? No but some would change things a bunch, Rixots and Gtoes alone are like 45-50 CB IIRC so you could use the Twitch if ya wnat and still improve.

It looks as thought the "strenght" build cant supply the damage needed to finish people.

There is always clegs and a bunch of dex gear to improve block also

What are the IAS Bps for Talon? When i built my DT PvMer it seemed she kicked darn fast using little IAS. Sigs glooves just seem to be replacable.

i am no PvP guru but I did sleep at a holiday in last night!

16. Sip

Sip Banned

You're damage is not that low, But if you consider its low, thats because you're using twitch. Instead of putting points into dex, you dont have to since it gives you +dex and +chance to block.

Theres no real way to beat 550 max damage per kick. My last assasin had 125str/70dex and 70% ed (20%ed jewel biggins bonnet and 20% ed sigons shield). She only did 520 damage per kick.

Most of your damage will come from the % chance of crushing blow. It effectively doubles or even triples your damage when it is triggered(depending on the targets life)

I would not suggest making a kicksin under level 25. The damage is horrific. If you are going to level 18, you'll be up against Carnage jewel duelers....and theres no reason why they wouldn't take you on if you were level 25.

17. BaNiSeR

BaNiSeR IncGamers Member

i have 25% crushing blow from the strength weapon...so i will only get CB once every volly of kicks normally.

thats an interesting idea to go the ED rout. when this one dies i think ill see how that works out. but i think i would get more strength/dex charms to replace the 50 str from the armor/helm if i do pure ED jewels lol

worth a try :p

18. kardinaal

kardinaal IncGamers Member

Anyone thought about Crushflange? Giving 33% crushing as low as lvl 9. This means 2 kicks, so I don't think the knockback would bother that much... Or maybe the Gnasher axe, that has 20%, and 50% open wounds...

As for using Rixot's Keen, I think the unique scepter Knell Striker has better extra mods for a lvl 12 (since normal AR will yield more with Angelics). At lvl 9 on the other hand...

As for the remark that low level kickers can't hunt eficiently, that's not entirely true. 1.09 tiger strike assassins could, so why not kickers? After all, chargers will come to you ;) Also, the kicker has got a range 4 attack IIRC, where snap has only range 2, so you'll get that very important first hit in.

thats an interesting idea to go the ED rout. when this one dies i think ill see how that works out. but i think i would get more strength/dex charms to replace the 50 str from the armor/helm if i do pure ED jewels lol

Got any ED/str jewels? I've got 3 at the moment :D.

19. HelzCaretaker

HelzCaretaker IncGamers Member

hmmm, I don't see how ur guys hit so weak. My 25 kicker annhilates a lot, once my 34 is done I think she'll be nearly unbeatable except vs good ww barbs. 60% crushing blow, probably 1k+ life with 500ish listed dmg, + 1 hell of a dueler controlling her (even with crappy 56k connection). My 25 uses cold dmg out the @$$ since slowing a charger is the best method to beat them w/out constantly dragonflighting to prevent charge. Basically she has yet to fight a good opponent and even with low dmg takes every1 down extremely fast. My 28 one that recently died due to bad luck tore up eth ribcracker fury druids like no tomorrow as well as everycharger even lvl 37's using eth steel martels. My 25 and 28 were undefeated vs other kickers which is quite funny if you ask me, I was the original on non ladder and everyone copied her but couldn't do it as well as I could LOL.

20. BaNiSeR

BaNiSeR IncGamers Member

ohh, now thats something to look out for!