Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Titanwolf vs. vit wolf

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Warmongers, Oct 25, 2006.

1. Warmongers

Warmongers IncGamers Member

Titanwolf vs. vit wolf

Hi again everyone ^^;
    I was wondering, for the past day or so now, just how good a titanwolf with 9x 9-10 max damage/ar/32+ life gc's and another 9x 20 life / 5 resists sc's would be, when using a 340%ED+ -95 griswold's weapon, Lo'd.

I had a vitwolf in 1.10 season 1 that used that very weapon. But I didn't know any of you then, so I had no really challenging melee duels (except for the occasional WWSin/30k+ defense zealot) to take note of. I had really bad charms if I remember correctly, but still won many duels against zealots. The only decent druid I ever dueled was my old friend Kat's, but he never dueled me unless he was feeling happy from a good MF run. All the other druids' with eBotD died, I think.

ElohimWolf (kiba? or is kiba his friend o.o) replied to my thread about grief the other day, stating that Grief phase blade and eBotD berserker axes were the godliest of godlies (from the perspective of someone who does not own a 450%ED+/40%IAS/190+ AR/Fool's 2 socketed fanged knife/ataghan/ethereal phase blade) for the 1.11 fury wolf, unless they were a "titanwolf with 30x 3/20/20's", so I was just wondering if anyone thinks I should make a titanwolf with 10 max/ar/32+life gc's (since I can't afford any 3/20/20's, nor do I want poofables at the moment) and the above sc's, who utilizes a 4 fpa 1-h fury weapon like griswold's caduceus.

Or, does this class lack the 5k life of a vitwolf? If I remember correctly, Kat's titanwolf had 4.9k HP or so with his decent charms, but that was more than 1 and a half years ago, so my memory is probably foggy. And, if I had only 3.5k life without BO (which I don't use for fury wolves anyways) on the titanwolf with final charms, do you think that my 4 fpa would make up for the better damage but slower speed on Grief/eBotD, if I were to duel toe to toe with zealots/fury wolves?

Any discussion/rant would be appreciated, and sorry if there is another thread here about titanwolves that covers what's in here (I didn't look, hehe).

And yes, I am still attached to 1.09 mannered 4 fpa duels :smiley:

Awrooo! :azn:

2. Osmium

Osmium IncGamers Member

10k+ life has a good vitwolf and insane amounts of damage a titan wolf.......like.......20k per fury hit

3. Warmongers

How does one manage to get that much life, if you don't mind me asking? Also, what I meant was using a 4 fpa weapon on a titanwolf, which means that you definitely won't be doing 20k :smiley:

4. Calizzar

Calizzar IncGamers Member

you can do 20k on a titanwolf with eth reapers toll (i think thats it). zod and 40/15 and its 4fpa.

5. Warmongers

That would be ethereal tomb reaver, Zod 40/15 40/15 - but they are way out of my pricerange :grin:

What do people think about 4 fpa vs 5 fpa (a rather large difference) in PvP?

6. Osmium

Osmium IncGamers Member

you can manage 10k life with oak sage,lych,a ton of life sc,anni,torch,prety much standard uber gear,except all socketed with prubyes.........oh and life jewelry.......and lots of skills.......and,of course........a loooot of points in vit.....i mean heck of a lot.......

edit:generaly,a titan means a wolf with all points in strength,and a vit wolf........you guessed it......all points in vitality

7. treeswithoutleaves

treeswithoutleaves Banned

Well, personally i think you should shoot for numbers and go with a balance build.

I know in 1.10 I had a titan with 5.3k life and 6k damage with griz caddy, without battel orders. But that was with all 30 max jeweled gear and 32020s. Titans are horrible without 3/20/20s. You won't break 4k life with oak sage and bo if you use 10 max/35 life gcs.

also, unless you are plying d2relived on the 09 server, in 1.10 and beyond block is so screwed up that it is actually better to have a slower attack speed. but if you must use a caddy, definately go with a balance build. Shoot for 3k+ top dmg, 21k+ ar with highlords and 5k life.

8. Warmongers

Ok, thanks a lot for the tips on titanwolves. My current wolf has 100 strength base, 170 base dex, and will have 270 vitality base at level 96. Do you think these stat point allocations are ok? Also, after watching one of Kiba's videos and noticing that he used an enigma breastplate (or great hauberk, couldn't tell), do you think it would be adviseable to make a base strength 50 druid who is built around enigma mageplate so you can get 320 vitality instead at level 96? Or is 100 base strength/170 base dex okay for level 96, PvP-wise? It's just that I noticed how much %ED and +life fort has, so I would prefer one over enigma.

Also, thanks for telling me your titanwolf's stats. Do you think I will be able to hit 5k life and 4k damage with 9 10 max/ar/32+ life gc's, 9 16-20 life/5 to all resistanes sc's, high annihilus and high-ish torch, and using this gear: Shael Jalal's Mane, Shael Stormshield, Fort (I made one with 1.5 life per level), 31 vitality Verdungo's, Gorerider's, Steelrends, and 2 ravenfrosts+Highlord's?

I appreciate all the replies to this thread :D

-war

9. Osmium

Osmium IncGamers Member

and the weapon is........?

10. Jary

Jary IncGamers Member

who can afford all 3/20/20's and godly shapers...etc? Lol, ok if u can afford that then you can afford a measily Lo rune, go get a grief and it'll work better than a crappy caddy 4 Fury. I don't get why you'd want to use that, it's like using all that godly gear on an Aldurs mauler... you could, but it'd be a waste.

11. Jary

Jary IncGamers Member

I'd say Vit>>Titan though, any day

two reasons:
    1) with lycanth+oak skill, the druids get much larger bonuses from life than from each % from maxing strength. I mean it's like, you're losing 8k life so u can gain an xtra 4k damage? You'd be hugging town in every duel, and smiters, zons, etc would own you... you'd have like 1 shot at killing each dueler b4 they one hit you.

2) Grief pb, defeats the need for any strength at all. You can basically use Nigma and go like 40 strength, 60 dext, all vit, and do the same damage as titan ebotd/ss

12. xpumafangx

xpumafangx IncGamers Member

Ok Kiba, Ink, and I used to duel alot with titens and vit builds. Theyre equels in druid vers druid. And the totaly top end godly titens are evern better then the top end vita. The top end titens are using weapons that cant bemade any more. Like 3 socted cruel crytic swords of quickness. But the really funky thing is that they use jewelers of the whale armors with the old school 160/max,fhr,min armors. So my point is this. The titens are better but only because they use items you just wont really find any more. They can get all most as high in hit points as vita wolves as well. But again thats from using the right items. They also like .08 stormsheilds for the higher block rate.

13. Warmongers

Do you think it's possible to make a viable titan with the charms that I mentioned, or will I have to buy 3/20/20's on the ladder and perm every game? I will be using the one weapon (excluding rare ataghan/fanged knife/ethereal phase blade of course) that can still reach 4 fpa and have 1 Lo rune in it - 340-35x%ED griswold's caduceus with Lo, and 3 legit 35-38%ED/15%IAS jewels. I will also be using 1.09 stormshield and fortitude, so I won't get as much as +60 max or +40 min from a jeweler's armor of the whale/stability. Also, I will be using 2 12% FHR 10 max GC's in replacement of 2 32+ life ones so I can hit 86% FHR.

another thing I was wondering about was this: Does shael actually help in SS for fury wolves? I read somewhere that in 1.09/1.10 shael did not help because it was bugged on werewolves, but has this been fixed in 1.11b? Please let me know ^^;

14. mali

mali IncGamers Member

Question (from someone relatively new to Druids...): what about crushing blow with Fury? Is it useful in high-level duels? I have hit the max with CB on my L60 Druid, and I often 1 hit or 1.1 hit folks 20 levels higher than me (if I catch them unawares :wink: -?& admittedly, not barbs), why wouldn't a CB/Fury wolf with REALLY high AR be effective at higher levels?

15. Osmium

Osmium IncGamers Member

cb is good if you can smack some caster but,but if you duel against a 70k+ defense smiter,it's not that effective anymore

16. xpumafangx

The bugged thing you heard about is pointless. The things you MUST GET. For a titen is this. Look for alot of stuff that has the plus to pure amounts in life. HAVE the 6 to bo cta, spirit sheild switch for prebuff. So yes you must have the 160 armor of the whale. You would want to use the 37 3/20/20. But you do not need all of them to be pure 3/20/20. You would want the 20 life on those. The 3/20 of the fine part isnt as inportant. You also might try to look for rare/magic druid pelts with alot of hitpoints and plus to skills in the right skills. Could you list off the rares you have? That way I can tell whats good and what isn't.

Note: non legit items are not worth getting ever.

Jary,

I owned those kinds of charms, kiba owns those kind of charms. What you need to deside on is it worth the time to get these kinds of charms for your self if you want to really compete in dueling as a werewolf? If yes, do it. If no, well plz don't complain.

17. Warmongers

Puma, I play on the ladder, where 3/20/20's are all duped and poof just like high runes do without perming. Do 10 max/60+AR/32+ life GC's sound ok, or do we definitely need the 20 life mod on sc's? Also, I don't have any rares, I will be using a 4 fpa gris caddy with Lo, and shael jalal's.

Also, do you mean that shael in SS is completely useless for 86% FHR wolves? And, if I do actually make a vit build, do you think that 5 FPA is enough to be able to duel wolf-to-wolf, or is 4 fpa the only way to go?

18. xpumafangx

What I have found for wolf vers wolf is that the 5fps fury works just fine. The gc you are talking about will work just fine as well. That coment was directed at Jary, ya the good charms are hard to get but are well worth it. The charms I used where 20 stats dhellfire, 18 stats anni, 1 shapegc 12% fhr, 8 shapegc 31-38 life, 3 fine small charms 7-19 life, 3 ar sm with life(one is 24 ar 20 life), and 4 20 life small charms with some kind of second mod.

The kind of charms you should want are ones that have life in large amounts, ar, and damage. You can also replace your charms that have ar or damage with skillers. You do not need skillers when your doing a pure fury wolf. But if your doing rabies, and fury. You would rather have the skillers with life. I personly use the 1 charm with 12% fhr because it gets me to the 86% breakpoint. My ideal item set up which I used to have is.

greif phase high damage.
    stormsheild shealed.
    highlords wrath.
    2 perfect dex over 200 ar raven frosts.
    jalals shealed.
    rare belt 24% fhr, 20 str, and 34 life.
    15 str dracs
    gore rider boots

switch
    4 bo cta, spirit monach

stash

armors duress, fort, bramble and treachery.
    ebotd gpa high damage%
    metal grids
    demon limb
    deaths web with a poisons die facet
    20/20 die monarch

See when you talk about 4fps vers 5fps one handed weapons you are talking about large amounts of damage, slower speed, vers lower damage higher speed. I prefer the slow with more damage. But I would never ever go as slow as a 6fps fury or slower.

I have heard alot of different romurs about 86% fhr vs 42%. Also if shealing a stormsheild is worth it. I feel that shealing is worth it. And that having the higher 86% all ways gives me the first hit in fury ver fury duels.

This item set up will give me the win on most pubbys and people I meet online. It does not how ever give me the win all the time. Like for say when I am dueling people with like items. Only the stratagies that I use tend to prove if I win or not, in those situations.

19. Valvolux

Valvolux IncGamers Member

No offence, but it sounds like you don't know what crushing blow is or how it works. When dueling high life opponents, I think its totally worth it. Against someone with 50%DR that’s 5% of there total life, vs. a 10k life wolf that’s a lot of damage on top of your normal damage.

20. Within

Within IncGamers Member

yes, this also explain why Crushing Blow work well on monster =)