Titan's Revenge

Nerigazh

Diabloii.Net Member
Titan's Revenge

Question about these. About every single javazon guide recommends them, and I often see something to the effect of "they are easy to get." According to my Atma drop calculator, ignoring "quest drops" the best odds with ~450mf are 1:667 from normal Baal. That's one heck of a lot of runs of a boss I don't really want to run :undecided:
Am I to interpret "easy to get" as "takes little skill but a lot of time"? And alternately, is there no good substitute? I'd like to start my 'zon :(

Milb

Diabloii.Net Member
A Javazon could complete Hell with only Cracked Javelins, so you don't need Titans, however they are the best weapon. I would recommend running NM/Hell Meph or Hell Andy to find some, it shouldn't take too long hopefully.

Ashmer Amadeus

Diabloii.Net Member
Also, if you are a trader, I think you could get a low end pair for PGems in the trade forum. NM Meph is a good place to start I think.

Arreat_mercenary

Diabloii.Net Member
I second Milb's suggestion, javazons are very powerfull in their own, they can easily finish hell with normal or cracked javelins, since the damage comes from the skills, not from the weapon itself.

Titan's DO help, but they are not necessary, if you really want them, I recomend as both milb and ashmer suggested, NM meph, he can drop good things, is not hard and with a good map you can run him under 3 or 2 minutes

Cattleya

Diabloii.Net Member
As Ashmer hinted out, "Easy to get" means easy to trade for. If you are playing self-found, you will need to make due with what you have, but you don't need Titan's to complete the game.

Thirty-Thirty

Diabloii.Net Member
Interpret 'easy to get' relatively. Many guides will suggest very high end runewords, which are more difficult to get than Titan's. Its one of those (many) items where the first one matters, but from then on you always have more than you need.

Sint Nikolaas

Diabloii.Net Member
Seriously, if you're not going to jab or fend your foes all you need is something like this:

Throwing Spear of Replenishing
Throw Damage: 12 to 30
One-Hand Damage: 5 to 15
Quantity: 80
Required Dexterity: 65
Required Level: 3
Javelin Class - Fast Attack Speed
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 35
Fingerprint: 0x619f076a
Replenishes Quantity

Just buy them..

Are

Diabloii.Net Member
"Easy to get" means you should be able to either find the Titan's Revenge itself or some items you could easily trade for it.. I've done 2000 Hell Meph runs without finding a single Titan's (or Herald of Zakarum) yet; although I have 5 Thunderstroke :)

Crazy Runner Guy

Diabloii.Net Member
Question about these. About every single javazon guide recommends them, and I often see something to the effect of "they are easy to get." According to my Atma drop calculator, ignoring "quest drops" the best odds with ~450mf are 1:667 from normal Baal. That's one heck of a lot of runs of a boss I don't really want to run :undecided:
Am I to interpret "easy to get" as "takes little skill but a lot of time"? And alternately, is there no good substitute? I'd like to start my 'zon :(
Any rare amazon-specific javelin will do. What makes titans so great (primarily) is the +2all/+2jav skills. That's just a lot of damage. All amazon-specific-javelins roll with inherent +jav skills (1-3). Those will do just fine. (yeah, the other mods on Titan's are great, but they're just gravy to a character that needs +skills more than anything else).

crg

kabal

Diabloii.Net Member
If you're questing, increased stack size and self-replenish are good mods to have so you don't run out of javelins and have to return to town as often. For MF runs it doesn't matter as much, since you're back in town at the start of each run anyways.

buffa

Diabloii.Net Member
I found my own titan revenge from NM meph by my sorc. I feel that there are too much thing that HELL meph can drop, that why NM meph is the best place to hunt titan revenge.

Also as ppl usually said you wont get the item you want if you MF for that item... I agree...

Crazy Runner Guy

Diabloii.Net Member
Also as ppl usually said you wont get the item you want if you MF for that item... I agree...
Well, the idea is that you MF enough that you eventually accumulate (most) everything you would need for multiple characters. It's like this: you have 7 characters you want to make, each with 10 pieces of gear. No two pieces are the same. You must have piece of gear for each character before you can have two pieces for a single character, and two for all before one has three, etc. Remember, MF is more about quantity than it is quality. (lots of runs with lower Mf are more effective than a few runs with lots of MF).

crg