Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Titan paladin question?

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Hurrikaani, Mar 13, 2004.

1. Hurrikaani

Hurrikaani IncGamers Member

Titan paladin question?

I'd like to do titan paladin to PvP so what skills / items you suggest. If you tell items, then tell them for mid-rich guy and rich guy.

2. slam

slam IncGamers Member

are you crazy? the paladin will have virtually no health and will die instantly in pvp (and hell pvm) - titan barbs were never meant for pvp, titan paladin's are definitely not, because they have no life boosting skill like battle orders and don't get so many hp per level up.

having said that, i'll offer my thoughts. the idea of the titan is as much physical damage as possible, that's why all your points are going i strength. to counter that, your items need to be focused on dex. still aim for max block without a point in dex - this is still possible with a high blocking shield (HoZ for instance), enough +dex items and the right number of points in holy shield with +skills. also look for equipment/charms with +vit and +life. i'm stressing max block, not only because you're interested in pvp, but also because you need to give yourself as much chance to survive as possible since you'll be without a big life buffer to keep you alive. because of that, i'd also try and fit as much damage reduction into your build as possible. (50% max)

i suppose to stick with the theme, you'd choose the highest damage physical skill there is and max the highest damage aura (charge/fanat? - i'm not sure what). however, it might be best to pick the skill that would give you the best chance to survive? titan barb builds have evolved from the initial max wirlwind/max bezerk into using other skills such as frenzy. "the titan build" now just fits any build with all points in strength and not even necessarily maximizing damage output anymore. however, if maximizing damage output is a goal, then you have to go with a might merc.

so i'll leave exact equipment/skill choices to someone else but definitely keep those thoughts in mind.

-slam-

3. conan

conan IncGamers Member

Unless a Titan Pally is a build im not familliar with do you mean a pally using Titans, the (Amazon Only) javs??

4. DistortedRiff

DistortedRiff IncGamers Member

No, it means a paladin version of the 1.09 Titan barb ;)

Really high damage because everything went into strength, was great for PvM.

5. Halcyon

Halcyon IncGamers Member

Just a Crusader with all strength is a Titan.

Although, I bet you could do sick and twisted damage doing a titan avenger. :p Imagine the pain. Rawr~!

6. *Cyrus*

*Cyrus* IncGamers Member

Titan Paladin would be awesome I think. Maybe not the absolute best (but what is???)... but it would sure be fun.

20 Charge
    20 Might
    20 Vigor
    20 Fanaticism

500+ Strength

Use a Eth BoTD Thunder Maul or other 400% ED+ Eth 2 handed weapon...

7. slam

slam IncGamers Member

i think it would be awesome too - just not a character you'd want to make in hardcore. extreme builds are exceptionally fun just to see how much you can get out of a particular aspect of the game.

8. mallon

mallon IncGamers Member

I've seem one. He can one hit KO others, but others can ont hit KO him too.