Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Titan D-Talon'er: Need comments

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Crazy Runner Guy, Feb 19, 2004.

1. Crazy Runner Guy

Crazy Runner Guy IncGamers Member

Titan D-Talon'er: Need comments

So I love my D-Tail/Trapsin. Yet one more kick skill intrigues me. D-Talon. No TS, just kick. All the time. And trap what kicks don't kill. With the new kick formula, I was sondering how much damage I could get out of this powerful lady. Since more STR=more damage, why not go Titan? And for even more damage, lets load up on CB. I also have never played a C/C assy past norm, why not do that? I also want max resistances, and as this chick is going to be fragile, so how about NOT using BoS and using fade. So, here's the build and my thoughts:

First of all, to use Fuzzbox's IAS tables, you add the two weapon speeds together, so a Jade Talon (-10) and a tuc's (-30) would make me look at the -40 columns? If so, then I have enough IAS to get a 7 frame initial kick and 2 frame follow-up kicks.

The following is endgame gear:

Guillaume's Face (15% IAS jewel)
    Bartuc's Cut Throat (eth, as AR is going to be crappy)
    Jade Talon (hel)
    Lionheart
    Mara's
    Manald/Dual leecher
    Raven
    Upgraded Gores
    IK Gloves
    IK Belt
    2x +3 shadow on swap

Stats:
    STR: Everything
    DEX: nothing!
    Vita: Nothing
    NRG: Getting the picture?

Skills:
    D-Talon: 24/30 after Items (depends on +MA skills)
    DS: 20
    LS: 20
    Fade: 11 after skills/swap (56% res all)
    WB: 9 or 16 (49% v. 56%)
    DF: 1
    SM: 1
    Venom: 1
    CoS: 1
    Rest in Charged Bolt Sentry

The inventory would be full of Vita charms after I had enough MA skills to satisfy D-Talon.

I don't want to use Drac's because I need the stats on the IK. I also think its semi-cheesy.

Thoughts, suggestions comments. I am seriously looking to run this build, so input is needed!

Thanks,
    crg

2. Shivan

Shivan IncGamers Member

the average of your weapon speed is taken, therefore -20 WSM

and i suggest lots of PDR.. lots and lots of it........... :p

3. Gengis Chuck

Gengis Chuck IncGamers Member

I built something very similar to this:

Str: 410 with equipment
    Dex: 200 or so to get keep 75% block with SS
    Vit: base - 650 with vita charms and equipment
    Ene: base

Gear:
    Guilleam's w/Um
    Stormlash w/P-Skull
    2 claws on switch (+3 and +2 Shadow)
    Stormshield w/Um
    Chains of Honor Archon Plate
    T-God's
    Dracul's
    Goreriders - upgraded
    Mara's
    Ravenfrost
    Rare ring with LL and resists
    3 MA GC's, 3 Shadow GC's, and a bunch of Vita sc's

Skills:
    DTalon - max (slvl 27)
    SM - max (slvl 35)
    DS - max (slvl 24)
    MB - 15 (slvl 22) - 7 sec stun length!
    CoS - 1 (slvl 8)
    BoS - 1 (slvl 8)
    Venom - 1 (slvl 13)
    Fade - 1 (slvl 8)

She had max resists, max blocking, 7/2/2/2/2 kick speed, over 2000 max damage, 83% CB, 43%PDR, and was able to complete the entire game at 'players 8'. This character was an absolute blast to play.

I didn't go the trap route (except DS) because I just didn't think the damage would be very good, and I needed as much crowd control as possible and used the high lvl MB and CoS constantly. My merc did use the Reaper's Toll to strip PI's their immunity. So between that and the Static Field from Stormlash they didn't last much longer than regular monsters. I used a Crescent Moon Phase Blade until she was high enough level to equip the Stormlash and it was very effective as well.

This character was still very fragile and died more frequently than my other characters. I think you will need some PDR in there somewhere, and if you don't want to go the C/S route and use a SS, then I think you might want to replace the Lionheart with Shaftstop and use a Verdungo's (more life and PDR) or SoE (more LL and PDR) for your belt. I used the T-God's for the strength boost, +max LR, and Ligtning absorb. Gloams and Burning Souls can cook you pretty quickly even with 75%LR.

I didn't find AR to be a problem as with slvl DT her AR was at 8k-9k. I also tried going the Fade route vs. BoS, but had an easier time making up the resists with equipment than trying to get enough IAS for the 7/2/2/2/2 kick speed.

I hope some of this info helps, and good luck!

4. Crazy Runner Guy

Crazy Runner Guy IncGamers Member

Ok, after looking at it, here's some options

After realizing that I can get 78% IAS, which is for the -20 average to hit the 7/2/2/2/2 kick speed, I have made to follow modifications:

Andy's Visage /w IAS jewel
    Bartuc's /w Shael
    Jade Talon /w Eth (questionable if this transfers, if not, then hel)
    Ravenfrost
    Rare ML ring
    Upgraded Gores
    Mara's
    IK Belt
    IK Gloves
    Lionheart

The above gives 80% IAS, +9 MA skills, +7 Shadow skills and lots of res, hopefully enough for max in hell with fade. The +skills will allow me to only use one MA charm to get to slvl 30 D-Talon

D-Talon: 30 after skills
    Fade: 20 (For PDR)
    LS: 20
    DS: 1 and rest of points
    WB: 9 after +skills
    CoS: 1
    MB: 1
    SM: 1
    DF: 1
    Venom: 1

Great suggestions everyone, keep them coming. Hopefully Wildjinn and jrichard get a hold of this.

crg

5. wildjinn

wildjinn IncGamers Member

heh. you mean, "I hope jrichard gets a hand of this." :p

i don't have much more to suggest.. The dual-claw option looks very good since it'll allow you to live with slightly worse resists w/claw block. If you're interested in trying some other stuff out just for fun in the middle of the build, you can borrow my Crescent Moon phase blade (for static) and SS if you don't have some of your own, which I assume you probably do. :) If you get sick of using CoS, you could test out a Delirium helm until 83. I'm debating tossing one on my next 'sin just for fun, but CoS seems to be a superior skill to Confuse because of the defense decrease/bonus.

IK's gloves and belt rock like crazy for res and stats and 25% IAS, but if you're having AR issues before level 83 (after which point you'll obviously go for the 7/2 breakpoint), a TGod's/Verdungo's and Lava Gout might be good to try for the life and massive AR bonus w/enchant.

you look pretty optimized. If you want to borrow some shadow skill charms for the project, let me know. jrichard will be able to chime in with much better advice, i'm sure, so i'll be watching for that, too. :)

edit: Ghengis Chuck is definitely right on the AR deal w/Dtalon. Forget the Lava Gout suggestion. :p