Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Tired of Unskilled Necro Duelers?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Jebus, Feb 5, 2004.

1. Jebus

Jebus IncGamers Member

Tired of Unskilled Necro Duelers?

Ok, so heres the deal

I'm normally a quiet guy on the forums. I mean 12,13 posts in almost a year of being a member? I don't say much, but I need to vent some frustration.

I am currently playing my 6th pvp necro (5th bone spirit) and I am quite happy with how he's turning out. I have decent gear (90 all resist, some absorb, a storm shield) with plus 7 to all skills.

My problem isn't with my necro, but the other pvp necros I see. They have incredible gear. Enigma 10 poison and bone charms, marrowwalk bug with 6k dmg bone spirit; these guys are rich, but that doesn't bother me either.

What bothers me is that they are unskilled with what they have. I can kill many of them even though my necro pales in comparison and it just bothers me that sombody with all that gear is wasting it.

Am I alone in this, or are there others of you out there feeling the same way?

2. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

such was to be expected when the necro gained power and went from being a character used only by the skilled to a more mainstream powerful dueler

3. Lylanthwol

Lylanthwol IncGamers Member

Ash is right

And it's not limited to Necro's either.

Yesterday after trading with a few people one of the pallys in the room says "lets see if any of you can take one of my FOH's" Sure, I oblige. Congratulate him on being able to kill my non-dueling summon/bone hybrid and got out to get my body. WHAM there it goes again. After the second time (body in tow) I tooled over to the canyon for some quick and easy summoning, come back and roll out the gate. He runs like hell, gets nailed by a BS and sticks his legs up in the air.

Naturally I go back in to town to let him get his body, the for some stupid reason on my part allow him to coax me out of town again. And there he is, hugging the town wall locked on to me before I even get out of town.

Yep, you can kill my PVM Necro in one hit. Hooray. I'm impressed.

4. lemon

lemon Banned

same thing with me. i was kiling those barbs and sorcs at 1.09 so 1.10 is heaven for me

5. SoulTaker

SoulTaker IncGamers Member

the people who have badass equipment who cant use it i just assume they suk *** or are noobs who buy ebay...either or they needmore practice...

and on another i hate it when people hug the wall entrance with hammers n ****, there fuking scared to fight like a real man,
    "they have the gun but they dunt know how to load the bullets"
    -me

6. xxtallxx

xxtallxx IncGamers Member

i just dont see y the rich necros like u said with enigma n stuff feel the need to bone prison like crazy when they no they can kill somone u in 2 bs or if not they can just tele away...its annoying

7. VoodooCamel

VoodooCamel IncGamers Member

This goes to show that dueling boils down to this:
    85% Skill 15% Gear

Just because you have massive spirit damage etc. or you just got this nifty little flail (which I might add looks oh so stupid on a Necro) and can exploit an INSANE bug doesn't mean you have talent. Sure, I tried a bit of NvN back in the patch and got completely and uterrly stomped... (stupid 4 Jah'd armor of the whale *grumble* :xx: )

The only annoying this now-a-days are teleporting necros... I'll just wait for you to be stupid and tp next to me so I can nail you ;)

Best thing ever though was someone who had lvl 20 prison and was wondering why he didnt get lvl 53 synergies :xquiet:
    Guess I forgot to tell him ;) although that isn't quite my style to leave ignorance alive in this world...

8. soulesschild

soulesschild IncGamers Member

oh what fun it is to bring in my necro and wreck havoc on everyone...

foh = 3x ptopaz shield :)
    blizz = 3x psaph shield with other mass res items :)

what fun i have killing people who thing they'are all that and get all mad and call me a hacker when i kill them with ease

9. Boxer1

Boxer1 IncGamers Member

so i take it you don't use a ss...

because if you do, it would be pretty stupid of you to use a 3socket shield when you can use a 4socket one.

To original poster- you on east? What's your account name, I'll show you a skilled necro -_-

10. TheKbob

TheKbob IncGamers Member

I duel with my Commando Mancer which is the advanced blend of the elite gear (No, I'm not an ebayer :p ) with my mad skillz.

Yes, I can teleport, and I have just recently dueled my first telenecros with him. ... They just dont stop. It was a stalemate. They picked off my skelemages, but could not hurt me. But then, I guessed right where he would land and got there first. He had decrep on him and 13 skeletons + me hitting him... the famous necro "AAAAAAAUAUUUUUAUAUAUUGGH!" sounded.

Woot!

I let him get his bod and told him to stand and fight like a real Necro! A Commando!

~Kbob

11. Necrochild313

Necrochild313 IncGamers Member

Use the cold plains wp. Works for me ;).

if they hammer the entrance just sit there and put stupid captions over your head. They get bored. Then kill them.

12. piroteuss

piroteuss IncGamers Member

.....or run to the left of the hammerdin, say 'hi, your hammers don't hit' and bonespear him to death.