Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Tired of Same 'ol, Same 'ol: Into Kbob's Mind

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by TheKbob, Mar 19, 2004.

1. TheKbob

TheKbob IncGamers Member

Tired of Same 'ol, Same 'ol: Into Kbob's Mind

Well, there are just too many posts about skele this and omg what newbs that, and the only place I ever feel like posting are either new ideas or the OT thread.

I say NO MORE!

This isn't OT because I wanna bring up an idea that I'm not sure many have. 1.10 gave us many things: Synergies, more newbs, New items, more newbs, better necros, and alas, more newbs.

One thing that I was saddened was not a new quest or so... No, Dclone doesn't count. They need a 1.10b with a new quest.

My quest Idea:

Act 4 | Quest 4
    Spell Forge

Now we all know the hellforge that drops those lovely gems and the hope of an ungodly rune (OMG FAL SWEET :rant: ). Well Act4 is in shortness of quests, so why not set this one up.

The quest only appears after you have defeated Hell Baal. The quest only shows up when you make a game in SP (love the non-internet peeps) or a game that is passworded and no one else can join. You must clear the Chaos Sanc. and destroy Diablo. Once diablo is destroyed, you speak to Jamela. She actually tells you of a quest in which somewhere in the Chaos Sanc is a book of great power and skill. She gives you a "Scroll" that you "read" (righ-click) in the middle of the pentagram of the Chaos Sanc.

Thus you descend into a new realm where there is one way to go lined with 5 rooms. At the end is the book. The first room is a breather room. There is Wirt standing there (cmon, we all know he was going to hell for those prices!) and you can buy pots only from him and revive a merc (for insane prices!). Then when proceeding through the rooms the door to the proceeding is locked and no TP can be made. Each room are as follows:

Room: #2
    1 Spawn: Duriel and Andy
    They back and stronger. (oh and did I mention pissed off?)

Room #3
    1 Spawn:
    Mephisto Baal and Diablo: That's right. The three brothers, dead, and banished back to hell. Not clones, but just a remake of their hell bretheren. Good luck here!

Room #4:
    7 Spawns:
    True Ancients: Immortal King, Griswold, M'avina, Trang- oul, Aldur, Natalya, and Tal Rasha spawn one by one in no order. They are lvl 90~ish of each char class and must duel them.

Room #5:
    1 Spawn
    We all know the book is here. We can see it, but it is locked by a forcefield. Remember the false summoner? here is the REAL Summoner. He is truelly horrible, able to conjure up any spell in the game. An army of skeles? Yep! Frozen orb? You bet! Loads of curse? Fo sho! and more. He would truelly be a test.

The Reward:

Well, I first thought that you could choose ANY spell in the game, but that would lead to everyone just having Teleport or BO or some other overpowered spell (Barb with max Fant anyone?).

I think the spells should be one of new 3 spells, but I have no clue what they could be. What do you guys think? Now, no spells like "Summon Dclone" or "Drop Stone of Jordon" Think of some real spells that could be worked in.

or

What quest would you like to see?

~Kbob

2. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

Thinking of a new spell is actually hard. Everything I come up with is overpowered.

Blood Mana is definitely one of the skills I would like to have. Or PDagger that works with all weapons. Summon Hero would be cool. He would be like a cross between a Revive and a Golem with plenty of AI.

3. TheKbob

TheKbob IncGamers Member

What do you think of the quest though?

I really want a quest that could take hours to complete. Maybe one where you have to find a piece of each the "Key" to open this gate in act 4 could be scattered through all the acts.

~Kbob

4. jmprockstar

jmprockstar IncGamers Member

This quest is maybe a little too difficult. Perhaps only the Seven Ancient's. That's the part of your quest I really liked.

I've got to think hard about spell ideas. I'll be back with some, since I'm suffering from the same problem MM mentioned. All of mine are too good, and some of them aren't RPG enough.

5. memememe173

memememe173 IncGamers Member

Cool idea. Isn't Trag-oul a huge *** dragon though.:uhhuh: Also it would be hard to get those 7 to work well. I besides curses, I think monsters only have at most 5-6 skills (act bosses +Dclone) or 2-3 skills, anything else.

My reward would be able to customize your characters looks, and of course, a new title

Also I think you should be able to TP to Wirt, and buy potions to heal

6. Mad Mantis

For me personally it would be impossible. I mean Baal, Meph and Big D at once? Then facing seven monsters I can't use AI curses on?

7. jmprockstar

Some spell ideas:

Absorb Fire/Cold/Lightning[/Poison?]: When devising these, I was thinking along the lines of the Assassin "fade" tree. These would be timed skills that do not act as auras and can only be cast one at a time.You would absorb 100% of one element, while losing 75-100% (this range is space for your suggestions and does not signify a random roll) resistances to the others. Obviously, this doesn't have to be one spell but four, where you only can absorb one element (cold would also give you CBF)

Conflagration: Basically, Diablo's Firewave. Long casting time unaffected by FCR; Def reduced to 0 while casting. Does fire damage at a per level scale, although I wouldn't know what the actual damage numbers would be. 20-30 second casting delay.

Soulsteal (this name isn't taken is it? I feel like I've heard it before): Basically, Baal's Manaburn hose. Much the same restrictions as Diablo Firewave but half lightening and half magic damage. Spellcasting monsters and any kind of players would be instantly mana burned. (perhaps, since monsters don't have "mana" they just would be unable to cast spells/curses). With the mana burn as a primary attack, the lite/magic damage would not be that high.

Enfeeble: A shout with a small radius that slows oppenents by 50%, increases % to open wounds by 100% when struck, then prevents monster heal (once open wounds ceases). Reduced effectiveness against champs, uniques, act bosses, and other players. This would be good for melee players.

Backfire: Again, like the assassin fade tree. Thorns for elemental damage, returning 300% of elemental damage back to the one who caused it. Interestingly, if the one who caused it, for instance, uses fire damage with fire absorption spell above, they can counter backfire and GAIN hp. :)

Beatification: Body becomes pure, making you immune to poison, open wounds, curses (and also Enfeeble), and debilitating auras (like conviction and Backfire)

That's all I got for now. I might think of some later and post them. :idea:

8. TheKbob

TheKbob IncGamers Member

Maybe a little overboard, but the 7 "Hero's" would spawn one after another, not all 7 at once :scared:

I just want to see a new quest that takes skill and not just running somewhere to jam something in a cube or or kill something that rolls over.

I think facing the 3 brothers, though a challenge, would be fun. Meph is cake for most, Diablo is actually pretty easy. Baal just has lots of life + lots of annoying skills.

So what if Trang - oul was a dragon :lol: D2 is like the only RPG without a dragon (lister is like a flightless one I guess)

~Kbob

9. Mad Mantis

If the ancients spawn one after another it is more possible. And fighting the beast carrying the world of sanctuary should be very very very difficult.

The three brothers on their own are not much of a challenge, once you get past normal. But together they should be able to do some real damage. Should be fun.

10. GordusMxus

GordusMxus IncGamers Member

I would like to see these two quest rewards:

Force Field: short duration effect spell which envelops character and minions with an invincibility aura. (would look just like the shiny fuzz surrounding Tal sorcs, heh..heh). Heavy mana burner.

Timefreeze: the ability to stop time for the enemy, allowing very brief moments to escape disaster, 2 seconds duration.

11. Mad Mantis

PK'ers would love this one.

12. Patsy

Patsy IncGamers Member

I think that you might be 'thinking' a little too hard on this, try and keep it simple, at least as far as the 'reward' goes afterwords...

Why not being able to use an ability that would actually be 'usable', i.e. EFFECTIVE on a rare/unique/champion/etc. sort of monster? Something that wasn't doable before?

I'm thinking along the line of class-specific spells/skills, such as conversion for Paladins, revive with Necromancers, stunning for... eh, whomever, that sort of thing.

Now who here wouldn't *love* to be able to cast an AI-affecting curse on a boss pack, eh? Who would *love* to have a nice pack of revived champions on their side, eh?

Minions o' Destruction gift-set! Sweeeeeet.. :drool:

-Patsy
    "Use differential equations to solve real-life problems! Ask me how!"

13. Mad Mantis

Best idea so far. :thumbsup:

OK. How do you use differential equations to solve real-life problems?

14. Aesric

Aesric IncGamers Member

yes

The bottom line is, it is a patch that gets downloaded for free. You can't spend too much money on overhead to add new quests and levels. The game is what it is, and you should be happy the patch adds stuff instead of only fixing bugs. The QA overhead alone would be insane for a non-profit task.

The game is fun, yet the game is old. There are new games. If you're going to play this one, then play it for what it is. If it's not satisfying to you, and you're tired of the "same ol same ol" then you should realize it's years and years old, and maybe it's time for you to move on. Let the new generation ("noobs") enjoy the game instead of complaining that they're trotting on your turf.

15. Mad Mantis

Welcome Newcomer to The Darkness. Grab a brew :drink: and feel free to raise some corpses.

Although I can understand how feel after reading Kbob's post you should realise that he was just joking. As are we.

He wasn’t saying that we do not enjoy the influx of newcomer or that we wish to be a small enclave of forum vets. Neither ws he saying that he dislikes Diablo 2. We all love this game and we feel that Blizz has done more than enough for us already. This thread is just a way for us to amuse ourselves. So lighten up and have some fun thinking about a Quest and Reward that will never be.

16. jmprockstar

Apparently, someone has something against pipedreaming.

A wasted first post, Aesric.

17. jmprockstar

We posted simultaneously. Weird.

MM is right, Aesric. The forum gets tedious without these sort of things to keep interest. :)

18. Mad Mantis

There is only one cure for this! Let's have a pint. :drink: :buddies:

19. royalesse

royalesse IncGamers Member

This skill already existed... It used to go off whenever a Barb Maxed speed and Whirlwinded someone; whenever a necro had 40 skellies and 20 revives; whenever a plague java shot more than once or shot when slow missiled; whenever a sorce had a bunch of blizzards, FWs, and/or Hydras on screen. It's always there they just change the way it's casted... HC people call it the black wall of death... in softcore it's a more archaic name: OMFG WTF LAG!!!

Hey patsy... how do you use differential equations to solve real-life problems?

P.S. Aldur will go down like a $2 wh0re... and what about Bul-Kathos? Guess you can stick him with the Summoner... but isn't Baal = Tal Rasha? Lastly, If you want it for SP only then you can go to one of these mod making sites and dl extra stuff.

20. Wolfedude

Wolfedude IncGamers Member

How about something simple; something that blizzard has tried and tested - the ability to fly. Blizzard wanted their Druids to fly at a point in time but supposedly they looked like bats and that wasn't to their liking.
    Having the ability to fly might just add a very new element in game play, force new tactics. And the beauty of this skill is that there would not be a lot of patching required to bring it about. It has already been tested.