Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Tired of merc dying to meph

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Orion241, Sep 15, 2006.

1. Orion241

Orion241 IncGamers Member

Tired of merc dying to meph

Ok so I started up again after 2 years. I made a meteorb sorc who I made to MF with to build some wealth. When MFing I do: countess, pits, andy, meph, shenk, eldritch, and pindle. I have no problems with anything but meph. Without my merc I can just moat trick and easily kill meph in under 30 seconds. My merc simply cannot handle meph even with 70-75 resistances. Even if I do moat trick he tries to attack anyway and sometimes gets meph to attack me! He's a liability basically, but I need him to tank for every other run I do. He uses tal's mask, insight, and shaftstop, keep in mind I'm still a bit poor. Anyone have any suggestions how I can deal with this hassle that ruins my otherwise flawless MF runs?

My merc and I are both level **.

2. Inokis

Inokis IncGamers Member

If you want your merc to survive you need to give him leech and poison damage reduce on meph. Also remember, mercs are reduce to 1/4 their effectiveness against bosses.

3. SirDooFuss

SirDooFuss IncGamers Member

He's already got 10% leech from the tals mask, and his resists are already at 70-75%. But, you can't leech from Nightmare or Hell Meph without Life Tap. Have you tried feeding him potions? Maybe sticking a Hwanin's hat on him for the +20 life regen?

4. Lyndis

Lyndis IncGamers Member

I feed mine lots and lots of potions...but then I'm only doing Nightmare meph for now.

5. tmilitti

tmilitti IncGamers Member

Those undead stygian dolls kill me right now in NM Durance and I can't figure out why!
    I can kill Meph no problem but getting there takes me forever cuz of those dolls! What do they do to me so fast that I can't stay alive???
    t

6. rata

rata IncGamers Member

at level ** u and ur merc shouldn't have any problems with meph. i used a ral'd andy's mask..i don't think shaftstop is a that good for a merc. try an up'd viper mage or something. also is the insight in a CV or eCV?:scratch:

7. royalhu

royalhu IncGamers Member

cuz when u killed them,they explode and do a lot of damage

I just teleport to mephisto and avoid all monster that way...
    I'm lvl 81 and I play without merc in mephisto runs: He can't do to me anything... My average mephisto run(hell) lasts 1min 40sec

8. tmilitti

tmilitti IncGamers Member

Whoa!!
    Sooo, that's why :rolleyes: ! Thanks - I never see them explode like those guys in the frigid highlands do with the humps on their backs.
    Now I know!
    t

9. Lyndis

Lyndis IncGamers Member

Are those explosions half physical damage and half fire?

10. Orion241

Orion241 IncGamers Member

The insight is a bill for now. :/ I actually have an Insight CV stashed, but my merc needs more str to use it. I been hoping to find an Andy mask or Leviathan to put me at enough str, because the damage between the 2 insights is big.

11. royalhu

royalhu IncGamers Member

12. rata

rata IncGamers Member

Okay, there's the problem. it's taking too long to kill meph between your sorc and ur bill weilding merc, as he's taking too much poison and physical damage. if u have pul lying around, maybe trade for an andy's. also if you got some socketed armour, stick some strength gems/jewels/runes in them so ur merc can weild the insight CV. btw always feed ur merc a poison antidote potion before going after meph.
    :prop: