Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Tired of Living: Any Advice for Soloing Hell Ancients? if

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by BIGeyedBUG, Mar 24, 2004.

1. BIGeyedBUG

BIGeyedBUG IncGamers Member

Tired of Living: Any Advice for Soloing Hell Ancients?

The first thing I should mention is I'm running an untwinked, Blade Fury Assassiin in Hardcore. Ouch. As if that wasn't difficult enough, I'm using a fire Rogue as backup--I refuse to level a Holy Freeze 30 levels at this point. I've got a really nice Shadow Master, mediocre damage, 1450 life (with charms), and decent resists. PMH and Crushing Blow are covered.

Besides "Don't do it!" and,"Do you have any cool character ideas you've been just dying to work on?" do you have any wisdom to share on this matter?

Some things I've been thinking about:

1. FE = Abort!, right? Even with 90% FRes I can be one-hit killed by the regular attacks of any of the Ancients right? Or am I misunderstanding the FE bug? Do I have to worry about death explosions too?

2. Mod checking. Madawc first, because of his range. Then Talic, then Korlic in order of their lethality. Any hints on quickly scanning mods? What mods should make me TP? (So to speak.)

3. While a Holy Cheeser is out of the question, a Barb merc might be possible. He'll be a little weak hired in Hell, but would I be crazy not to get another Tank? The best gear I've got for him would be a Nat's armor, and a Blood Moon. Maybe Hwanin's armor instead for the Static Field?

4. I've got a level 7 Weaken wand, and a level 2 Lower Resist--I haven't been able to find Life Tap. Which one would be best?

Any other thoughts on the matter would be appreciated.

2. Shade

Shade IncGamers Member

1: Yep. If you see FE, use a TP right away. They only need stand next to you and attack, and it's all over.

2: Madawc is dangerous but the FE bug doesn't seem to work at range (in my experience, although with 13k+ life and 95% Fire Res...). There's no easy way to scan mods that I know of, so I'll have to leave that to others (my favoured tactic is to stand well clear and use my merc and SM to stand there and keep them busy for those few precious seconds).

Mods to beware:

- FE
    - Extra Strong, Cursed, Aura (Might/Fanat)
    - LE, CE + Aura (Conv)

3: You should be able to get by with a SM if you're lucky, but a tank is quite handy. Holy Freeze mercs aren't that tricky to level... just a little dull, perhaps. Hwanin's Armour would be great if they get hit and survive it (most of your potions should be used on your merc).

4: Forget LR, and use Weaken if you must. It may not last all that long so it should really only be used a couple of times, preferably when you can hit all of them with it at once.

3. Any1

Any1 Banned

This is just the guide line I use myself:

1. As soon as I get cursed, I'm out.

2. Holy Freeze aura enchant, I'm out.

3. FE...:rolleyes:

4. Damage boost aura enchant (i.e. Might, Fanat), I'm out.

5. One of my favorite methods is to use a wand or dagger with "Life Tap" charges (if melee obviously). 50% LL will keep you and your minions/merc alive a good while.

6. Get Full Rejuvs (about 5-10) and place them on the ground where you'll be doing the fighting, in case you run out.

7. Only on "/players 1" mode. :D

BTW, in Hell two of the ancients are immune to Holy Freeze, so Defiance or Might merc are much better bets. Leveling an ACT-2 merc 30 clvls, shouldn't take longer than a day.

4. Taurgon

Taurgon IncGamers Member

Dracul's Grasp gloves for Life Tap and a Barb merc with Vile Husk sword for Amp Damage. I got my merc in Hell and really didn't level him up much. He lasted a suprisingly long time. Once I killed Madawc, I almost broke my mouse.

5. Johney

Johney IncGamers Member

I can not offer any advice, but i insist that you update us of your success/failure with the ancients.

6. i_marsolek

i_marsolek IncGamers Member

One idea from Butz :worship: to check mods is to hit the altar and immeadiately place the mouse on madwac and start spamming esc. This should give you the chance to check his mods before he gets moving--at least you should be able to see FE. If it is FE cast the portal and be gone.

7. BIGeyedBUG

BIGeyedBUG IncGamers Member

And what are you gonna do about it if I don't? :)

I'll give a full account when I succeed or fail, but suffice it to say for now that Skeeter is still alive after four attempts...