Tir runes for twinking...

OU Fiji

Diabloii.Net Member
Tir runes for twinking...

Alright, this may sound like a stupid idea, but wouldn't a 6 socket crystal sword, 3 socket breat plate, 3 socket mask, and 3 socket large shield all socketed with Tir runes be a pretty good setup for a beginning sorceress? That's 30 mana for each monster killed, which would pretty much refill your orb immediately when killing monsters so you'd never have to worry about running out of that precious mana at earlier levels.

buttaz

Diabloii.Net Member
i gess it sound good, but wood u want to waste that many os on tirs, or that many tir's on os for a low sorc, or that much time spent trying to get maximum socket items for low lvl sorc, the list goes on :p

slynth

Diabloii.Net Member
You would be better off with the tirs in just the crystal sword and large shield, and then have rubies in your armor and helm for extra life. I do a similar thing with SOL runes. Get a 6 socket scythe and put 6 SOLs in it for a very fast killing early weapon..

Superhal

Diabloii.Net Member
i use a tir'd helm on every new sorc, often for zons too. crystal sword might be overkill. i use a sorc orb with 2 sockets and other good stats on it (see "low level orby goodness" thread.) perfect gems are usually a waste for levelling, as the lvl req is 18, far too late to be of any use.

what you might want to think about is 7 skulls in helm/armor, 2-6 tirs in a weapon, and 3 diamonds in a shield.

k/t

Banned
You may think about that, but what you should do instead is use Arcanna's set. 135 mana, 50 life, 25% regenerate mana, 50% MF, 1 to sorc skills, 20% FCR, some resists, a lot of defense. You'll be able to cast a lot and you'll regain mana quickly. The set is available at level 15. Complete with Manald Heals and you're set (hehe). Hsaru's boots and belt, or Sigon's, or Arctic belt and gloves (another 40% MF). You said you're twinking, right?

Six Sol scythe? You'd only be able to use that at level 27. Not much of an "early" weapon. And what a waste of Sols. Tirs, sure, why not? But Sols? By the way, how does that work? If the minimum damage increases past the max, the max also rises?

I used a 3 Tir breastplate on my bone necro, and it didn't help all that much. It was very frustrating. Bone Spear was 7 or 8 mana per cast and it didn't kill monsters with only one shot. I suppose it would have been even more frustrating without it, but there's nothing you can do. Drink blue potions, give your merc good equipment, and use Amp and CE liberally until level 30. I think a bigger mana pool is better than mana/kill at low levels because when you fight a boss you'll run out of mana if you're relying on mana/kill. Yes, you drink potions, but why not slap on 2 Manalds and Sigon's helm, or Cathan's and drink a lot less?

slynth

Diabloii.Net Member
Yes, when you raise the minimum above the maximum damage, the maximum goes up as well. This adds +18 total damage, and you get the bonus of a very, very tight damage range. Scythes attack pretty fast and can have lots of sockets, so this is perfect for a low-level character.

I tend to like to solo a lot on low-leveled characters, so level 27 is by no means out of reach.

k/t

Banned
I think he said 6 Sol scythes. That's 54 to minimum damage. But scythes can only have 5 sockets. They naturally do 8-20 damage. What happens if you put 5 Sols in it? What will be the end damage?

Superhal

Diabloii.Net Member
i usually just put strength (tir el) in a pike, that gives over a hundred damage at lvl 13, but it's slow as heck.

i found this awesome etheral 3 socket bardiche for mercs. i put in some lvl 12 req jewels and stuff (max level you can hire a norm a2 merc) and use it for them. :)

OxxyJoe

Diabloii.Net Member
Superhal said:
i usually just put strength (tir el) in a pike, that gives over a hundred damage at lvl 13, but it's slow as heck.

i found this awesome etheral 3 socket bardiche for mercs. i put in some lvl 12 req jewels and stuff (max level you can hire a norm a2 merc) and use it for them. :)
since we're talking about twinking...
the ultimate joy is to get about 10 20psn per 2 seconds jewels (everybody finds a couple of these here and there) or so, which have NO level requirement, using a 3-socket short bow and some gloves/boots that give +ias. then use angelic rings for their 22ar per level (combined). everything you shoot dies, and everything that doesnt die in one shot dies quickly enough. This isn't so useful for sorcs,(I like the tir idea but sadly it comes at lvl 13, when +2 mana isnt as great. it's still useful) but it's awesome for any melee class or necro, until about act 2 nm. I think the psn damage is divided when you use multishot, right? The staff to use for mana/kill is skull collector, a +20 mana per kill and mf=level, +2 skills staff. Lvl 43 req though. Very useful for cowing imo.

someone clarify the way poison works with Multishot and Strafe...