Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Tips on Frenzier

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by N'thraXX, Apr 16, 2005.

1. N'thraXX

N'thraXX IncGamers Member

Tips on Frenzier

Now that I got back to D2, I have started a Frenzier and I need some advice on building him.

I've read Ash's Frenzy guide, but I still got some questions:

First of all, what is the best weapon combo (not counting Dual-BotD's and other really expensive and unachiveable runewords in SP) for a Frenzier? Dual Death Cleavers?

Secondly... well I can't think of anything else atm. But I'll post more questions as I progress.

Thank you in advance!

2. salvo

salvo IncGamers Member

Stormlash and schaeffer hammer for mace class
    Azurewrath and equip lots of CB gear is cool for boss run

g luck

3. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

The best (somewhat) achievable combo would probably be dual Schaeffer's Hammer or Stormlash...I really like Schaeffer's but it is a tad slow so dual Stormlash would be insane. The static field is very nice and so is the huge amount of crushing blow + you'll be hitting at 5 frames without breaking a sweat. But there are really lots of excellent Frenzy weapons..Nord's Tenderizer is very fast and the Freeze would be very sweet, Baranar's for some elemental damage. Almost all of the elite unique swords are also very viable although Bloodmoon doesn't really offer anything special.

4. tweety

tweety IncGamers Member

Only one weapon determines your frenzy speed, so you should use one fast weapon and a high damage weapon. Stormlash and Schaefers would be very good.
    I think a disadvantage of the Deathcleaver is its low durability, but i have no experience with that.

5. N'thraXX

N'thraXX IncGamers Member

Hmm, I think that I'll put points into the mastery later. In case I actually happen to find two Stormlashes (not in a million years ^^). The most probably combo atm is Dual DC's since I already have them. In the mean time I'll be drooling for Stormlashes...

6. frosty

frosty IncGamers Member

I used Schaefer's and Horizon's. Pretty good to me.

7. isengart

isengart IncGamers Member

I'd exchange one of them for any half-decent weapon with high speed. Nord's Tenderizer would do the job, if you don't have Horizon's or Stormlash.

I guess 2* Fury is off any limits at least for my rune stash. ;)

But there are cheaper rune words that give IAS and can be inserted into a blazing fast weapon like Phaseblade or Scourge. Just look through them.

8. Sint Nikolaas

Sint Nikolaas IncGamers Member

Sorry, not true.. that is the case with double swing where the swing time for the 2nd weapon is greatly reduced, which means your first weapon should be fast but your second weapon can be slow.
    For frenzy the skill looks at both swing as independant hitting, if you equip a stormlash and a stonecrusher orso, you first swing will be pretty fast, but your second is pretty slow. It won't matter much if you're wearing schaeffers with a shael, since that will still be somewhat fast.. but not all weapons will be good enough.

9. farting bob

farting bob Banned

Wirt's legs!!!!
    Although really anything fast and quite high damage can be used. Swords and maces seem to eb the most common types worn for frenziers who do not have a leg fetish.

10. DX-Crawler

DX-Crawler Banned

I used Butcher's Pupil on my HC frenzier and he got to act3 hell before he died. They are fast, indestructible, a bit low damage but upgrade them and you will make it through, not so expensive as the others mentioned here.

Another good option is runemaster, which is excellent with up to 5 empty sockets where you can put in elementaldamage or whatever you think you need for your frenzier

DX

11. shermo

shermo IncGamers Member

My personal experience with DC's on a frenzier is that they suck. The low durabilility is a huge drawback, and they lack the killing power of the mace setup.

If you want to do something a little different go with azurewrath/gfather. Huge damage to undead, and you can chuck on some LoH for huge dmg to demons

12. Hrus

Hrus IncGamers Member

Not exactly true. Both your weapons base speed is counted for attack speed, but WIAS is counted from a primary weapon only.

13. Fafner

Fafner IncGamers Member

I'm doing the stormlash/schaeffer's thing and nuts (heh both found within the last week). I should have looked into this before I shaeled the Schaefers. I have two socket quests to go, and can shael the stormlash. I guess I can put a big beefy ED jewel in the Schaeffers then (40/11 anyone...I know max is messed up but what the hey).

Anyway, at p3 in the pits this setup seems to work fine. No shield is a little problematic with ranged attackers, but not insoluble. I'm looking forward to trying other melee builds with these weapons.

14. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

ED/max and ED/min jewels are bugged in armors/helms/shields only. In weapons they work correctly :)