Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Tips for my finished ww barb? Full eq list.

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by Archone, Aug 30, 2011.

1. Archone

Archone IncGamers Member

Tips for my finished ww barb? Full eq list.

My first ww barbarian is finished.. (need more levels) And Im still awed by how good he is pvm. Heavy dmg, fast attacks, almost immortal. Fast moving crazy motherf*****

I just want to throw up my setup here.
    If you got any hints/thoughts, speak up! :)

Level 79.
    Stats. (with eq)
    Strength. ~240
    Dexterity: ~135
    Vitality: atm.. ~390 (life w bo ~4,1k)
    Energy: ~80

All resists. [email protected]
    Chance too hit: ~85 (due to heavy ar bonus from angelic's)

Helmet: Eth up'ed arreats, socketed w Zod. 200ed/6ll/679def
    Armor: sup 15ed SA Fortitude. +1,5life/lvl [email protected] (heavy repair cost, use ral runes)
    Belt: rare belt. W 24fhr/60life/30str
    Gloves: Steelrend 59%dmg/210def/20str
    Boots: Up'ed Gores. 199ed.
    Amulet: Angelic Amulet
    Rings: 2x Angelic rings

Weapon1: +3wc Great Sword
    Weapon2: +3wc Throwing Spear
    Weapon3: Grief BA 35Ias/399dmg
    Weapon4: Eth Botd 409ed/12ll

Charms: 21x 3max'ers.. very low ones...
    2x 14 max/60-65ar Gc's
    Torch 20/16
    Anni 20/16/5

My merc has not been recruited yet, but I have equipment for him:

Eth Thresher Pride lvl19 Concentration aura
    Ebug SA Forti. Perf defense. [email protected] 1,375 life/lvl.

Either my 30/15 CoA (socketed w str jwls) or my eth Andy 30/10.

The merc will provide me with both concentration aura and might aura.

My final average ww dmg is ~7k with Ebotd (And more w grief, cant see actual dmg.. etc..)

Skill setup.

20 Axe Mastery ( I use only BA's)
    1 Stamina
    1 Speed
    1 Iron Skin
    3 Natural (Got [email protected] or [email protected])

1 Howl
    1 Shout
    20 Battle Orders
    1 Battle Command

1 Bash
    1 Double Swing
    1 Double Throw
    1 Fury (use this one as left skill-main, and moving around)
    1 Stun
    1 Concentration
    1 Berserk (use this vs ph immunes)
    1 Leap
    1 Leap Attack
    20 Whirlwind (main skill ftw!!)

SUMMARY:

I usually use BC+Shout+BO. Then keep my movespeed high with fury, and spam ww..

I dont feel like I need more in vitality. So should I spend more in str for dmg? Or more in dex to replace a ring w a good bk?

I got almost 15 spare skill points. Put them in Iron skin? Or a warcry?

Any thoughts are welcome, what do you think of this setup? Skill wise and eq wise?

Peace And MANY thanks in forehand!

Last edited: Aug 30, 2011
  2. ZealotBoy

ZealotBoy IncGamers Member

Re: Tips for my finished ww barb? Full eq list.

I'd put 20 points into Shout and 19 into Iron Skin (1 point used for Berserk), investing in Iron Skin last, as well as 1 point to Battle Cry (nice for bosses) and just 1 to Natural Resistance. I don't put 1 into Increased Speed since the slower you move while WW'ing the more damage you'll do overall.

As far as equipment goes I prefer Laying of Hands over Steelrend. Steelrend offers up to 80% ED (60% ED and 20 Strength) to everything, however, LoH gives a huge 350% ED to Demons, Demons being a lot of different monsters including all act bosses.

Also I would go for 2 Raven Frosts and a Metal Grid for the extra defense and resistances. You should already have about an 85% chance to hit everything due to the -25% target defense that both weapons have (which the stat screen doesn't take into account).

For stats, I like putting all points to strength. Without any points to Vitality you should still have something like 1,800 - 2,000 life, and considering how much damage you do as well as your life leech, that should be more than enough life.

Overall though, nice equipment; I especially like the belt.

3. Archone

Archone IncGamers Member

Thx alot for your time! :thumbup:

You got me some ideas.
    -More dmg with LoH and more str. (will try some solo dia runs! :))
    -Swap rings and amulet. Never thought of the -25%def. Will try asap!

However! I use frenzy too. Which increases movespeed. But it doesnt increase my ww speed forward! How is that so?

Peace

4. hubb

hubb IncGamers Member

Movement speed does affect WW, it's just less noticeable. I've read that you always whirl at walk speed but I'm not sure if that's true.

RE Increased Speed: With a setup like that you're going to destroy everything regardless of your movement speed, the important bit is decreasing the time it takes to get there. I usually spend about 5 or 6 into increased speed.

I second the change to LoH and Raven's, but would recommend Highlord's over Metalgrid or anything else. The AR can be made up by swapping out some max charms for AR ones since the crit on Highlord's more than makes up for it :)

5. Dodgydave

Dodgydave IncGamers Member

Correct me if I'm wrong, but your merc wonr have leech unless you use Andy's, so I'd definitely use that over the Crown of Ages.

6. Hartside

Hartside IncGamers Member

If its pvm i always go titan especially with botd at high lvl, over lvl 90 id go base vita and dex and max str but i like living on the edge ;-)

7. Karth

Karth IncGamers Member

This guy's on the right track. WW always *appears* to move at walk speed, when actually you're moving at run speed. Make a straight line while while clicking once on the edge of the screen where there are monsters, or howl a monster and wait until it runs near the edge of the screen; you should see it get hit well before you're within range of it on your screen.

Highlord's is fantastic, especially since with those charms you'll have decent AR. You might consider holding off on using it until you hit a higher level where the level based part of chance to hit begins to be in your favor instead of in the monsters'. Highlord's will also give more DS% by then. :eek:)

Slower movement during whirlwind doesn't really increase damage; it just increases the hit checks you can make vs. any particular creature before you're out of range. If you need to focus on one monster, whirl around it or through it repeated.

Be careful with your pride merc; get him an andy's with 10% LL and keep him BOed. They don't do much damage on their own (no base ED on the weapon) so he won't tend to leech as much as a merc using eth insight, infinity, reaper's, botd, etc.

That's a really nice belt, but you might want to consider String of Ears if you run into any problems with phys damage or not leeching enough. 15% dr, more life leech, and some mdr to counter things like hydras and venom lords' bad breath is all very nice. Perhaps you don't need more LL with a titan build though.

I second the suggestion of LoH.

Everything else looks pretty good. WW barbs are fun, eh? :eek:)

8. Dodgydave

I like this approach too. Barbs with 6k life are just too boring!

9. Leohappy

Leohappy IncGamers Member

personally i prefer enigma based barb over fortitude based.
    with enigma you can teleport, and you move super fast. all you need is 40% fcr (20% bare minimum), which is easily obtainable through arach and trangs gloves (barbs don't have any super great options for these two slots anyway).
    for merc i always recommend a mighter with reaper's, decrepify is just amazing. if you use enigma you can reposition the merc easily for free decrepify shots. give pride to your bowazon's merc.
    instead of 3 bo sticks you can use dual dooms (nice backup weapons), dual hotos (esp. if you use enigma for the fcr), or hoto+cta3 (+7 bo).
    and what's up with angelics rage? hl and dual ravens is better imo. esp. for a non pvp based char.

10. Dodgydave

Why do you need dual Dooms out of curiosity?

Also, Verdungos, String or that nice rare belt Archone has don't count as decent options for a barb?

As far as gloves go I'd use LOH, Steelrend, Dracul's or a good blood craft over Trangs any day.

If I wanted faster cast rate to teleport I'd go with at least one HOTO on switch as you also suggest.

11. Leohappy

dual dooms are good backup weapons (if you use grief ba's they can break in the middle of the action), giving you a nice field of holy freeze and gives a +4 to bo.
    as for belts, verdungos is more a pvper option, and string is nothing special. arach still gives you 1 to skill and 10% on mana. gloves are more of a toss up, with lohs, draculs and such. but then again you can play a telebarb with just 20% fcr, it's just not that smooth, the tele is slower and your teleww sequences break more easily. then i'd just toss those gloves away and use trangs or mages. you could also use two fcr rings, but i think it's a waste of slots as ravens beat almost any other ring.

12. Dodgydave

If it's PvM I'm using an indestructible weapon period, bugger mucking around with grief zerkers and 20odd durabilty. Phase blades ftw.

13. Leohappy

phase blades are nice, but you are wasting a lot of dex to equip them. i don't actually have any problems with durability. if they start to break i switch to the other pair. repair cost isn't much (~10k for two weps) as long as it's a non superior base. if you need some gold there's nothing better than a quick trip to travincal.

14. hubb

hubb IncGamers Member

QFE.

Enigma is of course the most efficient option for every non-sorc build in the game, but that's another story.

Dual Dooms sounds like a good way to lose FCR, skills and waste some HRs ;)

15. Leohappy

dual dooms give you two more weapons at a cost of 2 BO points (only worth considering if you use axes ofc).
    dual hotos i'd only use if i needed the 105 fcr breakpoint (for rushing). cheapest option is two shopped BO weps (if you don't have enigma&don't use axes anything else is a waste).

16. Archone

Archone IncGamers Member

Nice inputs from some of you! Thx!

My barb is now respecced!
    With 2,7k life and +400str. Along with a pure PH dmg build. FOH + Forti+ Mercs might/conc. +Highlords.

Got like a 11k dmg ww. With Ebotd. I got no probs at all w leech.

17. Dodgydave

Waste of dex? Your barb's going to have like 6k life anyway so who cares if you pump dex a bit. The difference between 6k-7k life wont make or break it in PvM.

Plus using decent pre-buff weapons on switch, as opposed to Dooms, probably makes up for a lot of that lost life anyway.

As another incidental side effect, the dex also provides some added attack rating so I wouldn't say it's "wasted".