Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Tiny problem with a godly build

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Skandranon, May 16, 2008.

1. Skandranon

Skandranon IncGamers Member

Tiny problem with a godly build

Okay, so I've been testing a build out on single player, and it rocks balls. I have one issue though.

Helm: Dream
    Body: Chains of Honour
    Left: Beast
    Right: Dream
    Belt: Nosferatu's Coil
    Gloves: Darcul's Grasp
    Boots: War Travelers
    Ring1: Raven Frost
    Ring2: Bul-Kathos
    Amulet: Highlord's

Merc: Defiance
    Andariel's
    Pride
    CoH

Basically, he's a charger/zealer that does 1k-10k damage with Dreams and Lightning Resist. My main Aura is Conviction, with techy auras on switch like Vigor, etc.

My only issue is due to the majority of my damage comes from elemental, my Zeal doesn't leech enough. How do I deal with this problem? I kill like a mofo, but a lot of the time I die just as fast.

I was thinking of using Greif (probably too expensive) or EBOTD then making my merc a Rogue with Faith, but that's almost just as expensive. Suggestions?

2. MedctnStn

MedctnStn IncGamers Member

Re: Tiny problem with a godly build

i would go with a grief phase blade especially since you are a zealot. what's your main skill- zeal or charge? reason being is that charge is better suited with a two handed weapon

as far as the leech issue, dracul's should help with life tap. if you can, my only other choice would be to try and use a last wish phase blade as that has a chance of casting life tap also.

3. mechkage

mechkage IncGamers Member

I've got basically the same char except he's using Dungo and uses a greif phaseblade. Before I gave him dracs he would indeed die rather unexpectedly. But with the lifetap CtC and grief's physical damage, he is a little less of a glass cannon. He's at 5 fps. If you want the next breakpoint and don't want to use beast and dont want to make a faith merc a few options are:

1)Make a greif phaseblade(40 ias) scrap the dracs, wear LoH(20) and keep highlord's(20, or cat's eye). You'll have 80 ias with a phaseblade = 4fps. Though you'll gain life-leech you'll lose life-tap which is bad.

2)Scrap the CoH and wear Treachery(45) and make a greif phaseblade (35 ias), wear any ammy you like and keep dracs. 80 ias + PB = 4fps. I see the loss of CoH as not worth it.

3)Make a botd phaseblade(60), keep dracs and keep highlords(20). 80 ias = 4fps. Base damage of a botd pb i dont think it much more than beast, so dont think it will accomplish much.

I would suggest making a Grief phaseblade and just stick with a 5fps attack until you can save up for a faith merc.

4. Jednowlosy

Jednowlosy IncGamers Member

1. get grief PB
    2. get fortitude instead of CoH
    3. get lay of hands instead of draculs

there, 4 fpa, good physical damage and your light dam is still high.

5. AnimeCraze

AnimeCraze IncGamers Member

If you do that, you lose your leech, so swap a leech ring.

6. DayDream

DayDream IncGamers Member

bul kathos does leech already unless you mean even more like carrion or a rare.

7. UberB

UberB IncGamers Member

Disregard what was once in this post, I wasn't paying full attention and posted some utter BS.

8. Skandranon

Skandranon IncGamers Member

Alright, I like where this is all going. I was wondering how Fanat factors into fps. Let's assume I have a level 1 Fanat Aura on. It says that it increases ATK speed by 14%. Is that the same thing as having a 14% IAS item?

9. AnimeCraze

AnimeCraze IncGamers Member

No. Fanat's IAS is much better than item IAS in general.

10. galzohar

galzohar IncGamers Member

4 fpa zeal is an extreme difference from a 5 fpa, and since most of your damage is elemental it shouldn't be too hard to get there without losing much damage.

Regarding the leech (obviously only if you can't afford lifetap) not much can help as an elemental damage build, but might merc can help if you're not already relying on another aura.

With fanat you may actually be able to get 4fpa with a weapon stronger than phase blade, which would help your leech quite a bit.

11. Jednowlosy

Jednowlosy IncGamers Member

A good pb grief is the strongest weapon in game if you don't want to get grief BA (which is slow and its repair costs are sick.)