Tinfoil hats for everyone!!

alexzed

Diabloii.Net Member
All you need to know is at the bottom of the article. If the current contract is only $67million, but could grow to $2.5B you KNOW that it's going to happen. Boeing needs the money.

Not really tinfoil hat though...more like radiation suit.

Meh - it'll keep then tarwrists out of Canada... :rolleyes:

kobold

Banned
alexzed said:
All you need to know is at the bottom of the article. If the current contract is only $67million, but could grow to $2.5B you KNOW that it's going to happen. Boeing needs the money.
yep.

tarwrists
Would you mind explaining? Haven't heard that one.

kobold

Banned
Talga Vasternich said:
I guess I don't see anything wrong with a technology that would help our border patrol keep our borders secure.
What about all of that coastline though? Lock the doors to leave the windows open?

I'm sure 2.5B could be spent in a much more effective/efficient way to increase security/improve people's lives in general.

Heh, somebody gets it! The coastline is the easiest way to penetrate the US. best to take out the source of their warmaking ability i.e. Iran.

MinasMorgul

Diabloii.Net Member
I bet the people who will be watching that will be driven mad with the amount of animals that cross the border.

Talga Vasternich

Diabloii.Net Member
kobold said:
I'm sure 2.5B could be spent in a much more effective/efficient way to increase security/improve people's lives in general.
Illegal immigration costs the US over 35 billion dollars each year.
If this system reduces those costs by 2%, the system pays for itself in less than 4 years.

Ummm... importing nuke material from Canada is a slick way to do it. Land on a remote beach in the middle of nowhere on the BC coast, haul it on the back country roads across the border.

Not likely but neither was somebody flying planes into buildings.

kobold

Banned
Talga Vasternich said:
Illegal immigration costs the US over 35 billion dollars each year.
If this system reduces those costs by 2%, the system pays for itself in less than 4 years.
Good point. Have these numbers really been quantified? (link?) If so, what sort of factors are taken into consideration to arrive ther?

I was thinking, the landscape would remind me of something out of C&C.

Freet

Diabloii.Net Member
Rather than spend 2bil on this, why not just send up a satellite that can monitor the borders?

Seems more effective and cheaper. :scratch:

superdave

Diabloii.Net Member
i have an even better idea...why don't you guys just become another province of canada? nobody messes with us.