time zones

Amra

Diabloii.Net Member
time zones

With people posting here that are from all over the world, are you aware of what time it is for them as you interact?

Right now, I see Durf here. I know it's very late for him. 3am?

lioness and I are in the same time zone.

When I see D2NetDad, I mentally note he is 3 hours behind.

Merick I know is an hour behind; same as PMG.

Those are just a few examples. I am just wondering how much others keep track of this.

PatMaGroin

Diabloii.Net Member
It's weird in chat, when I'm about to go eat some lunch, MT says he's going to sleep. Then I remember he's still a Chinaman.

I would think the same about Dondrei, but it seems he never leaves this place.

Xenon[XoA]

Banned
EST is the one true timezone!

i think superdave's in the same zone as me, and qbi/turbulent are 2hours behind, and evrae's 3 hours behind. But i don't really take note of that unless it's brought up or referenced in discussion.
Merick said:
God created the Central time zone first, I thought everyone knew that.
Yeah, he needed practice + wanted to get it right for when he created EST.

Merick

Diabloii.Net Member
God created the Central time zone first, I thought everyone knew that.
Anyway, yeah it's weird talking to people where it's dark outside, because I call that "sleepy time".
Hell, it's a day later in China. And about 4000 years later according to their calendar.

Gorny

Banned
CST for me. 1 PM right now

I normally don't take most other's timezones into account, but I do know that certain people are up early or up late at night if I see them online.

SS for one is in China, so if I need to chat with him, I usually PM him when I get into work in the morning, for him he's usually gettign ready for bed or something.

jackthelad

Diabloii.Net Member
GMT here 2, 7.12pm or 19.12 Zulu for those of you of a militery incline. Me & machina are on the same time, as we are both in the same city (at least I think hes still prowling the streets here). I usually have a quick look at whos online before I post, but I dont usually pay attention to what time they are in. Dondrei seems to always be here (except when I log on early in the morning here I think), I think hes got some kind of net connection wired into his brain.

Merick

Diabloii.Net Member
PatMaGroin said:
Excerpt from chat just now:
Hey, you left out the part where I learned more about China and grew as a human being.
It turns out there's a traditional lunar calendar no one uses anymore in China except to find out when holidays are.

Amra

Diabloii.Net Member
MT keeps messin' with me. One day he is in California, the next in China. Rinse and repeat. God help me if he ever gets online while flying. ><

masterazn

Banned
Taiwan...*shudder*...

Haha just kidding, Taipei is awesome, I lived there for 4 years.

Okay, I'm getting tired...ZzzzZZz

Amra

Diabloii.Net Member
Merick said:
So, what time zone is the center of the earth, or the poles?
The people at the center of the Earth don't worry about such trivial matters.