Time to belly up to the bar and help save this site.

Sergeant

Diabloii.Net Member
Time to belly up to the bar and help save this site.

First, read Anyee's thread and you'll know this site is in danger of going the way of the dodo.

Next, head on over to my thread. I have taken the idea of another and proposed a method for people to donate who can't currently donate due to not having a credit card/paypal account.

It will only take a grand total of 5 minutes to read and post in both, max. :xsmile4:

toader

Banned
Yea, please help out some folks.

At the very least...if you cant donate....please make a habit of clicking on the advertising banners. If every person that used the site clicked on the banners a few time throughout the day, that would help alot.

tl998

Banned
I've made a donation already! It was only 2 dollars, but if everyone donated dollars a month this site would make a huge profit! come on people!

TheDarkSide

Clan Officer - US East Hardcore
Iv'e been a long time lurker and after reading some posts I just donated to the site - but I didnt see an option for a montly checking account deduction . Does it automatically deduct the amount you donate on a monthy basis ? Also do I emial Elly for my Pay Pal Status or does she automatically update me ?

Thanks

Dredd

D3 Off Topic Moderator
Sergeant's PO Box for PayPal donations is up and ready for business! All the information you need to make a mail-order donation can be found in this thread.

Let's all pull together as a community and help keep this site alive.

BellaHella

Diabloii.Net Member
just donated $25 through paypal; the first time i have EVER donated money to ANY website. this site has great strategy guides, funny articles, and good message boards (when they work). i don't want it all to go away.

if the site really needs help, this needs to be on the front page as a headline, and publicized a lot more. a lot of people are just going to go "well, someone else will donate." and others who WOULD donate may not even know there's a problem unless someone tells them. another problem is that since the boards got ruined, people might be less likely to donate. just some thoughts.

but yes, i just did something to help. may i have a cookie and a warm glass of milk? :xlady:

SuggestiveName

Diabloii.Net Member
TheDarkSide said:
Iv'e been a long time lurker and after reading some posts I just donated to the site - but I didnt see an option for a montly checking account deduction . Does it automatically deduct the amount you donate on a monthy basis ? Also do I emial Elly for my Pay Pal Status or does she automatically update me ?

Thanks
Theres no auto deduction that I've ever heard of. So either donate a dollar (or whatever) every month, or donate a lump sum and ask that it count for the next 6 months or however long/much you want to donate for.

You email Elly after the paypal donation with your real name, forum name, and paypal email so she can match it all up and give you your pal status.

Vilencia

Diabloii.Net Member
Sorry about my ignorance but where exactly are the banners? The only places I ever see them are when entering the auction which is close to never... perhaps if they were easier to spot more people would click?

SuggestiveName

Diabloii.Net Member
Vilencia said:
Sorry about my ignorance but where exactly are the banners? The only places I ever see them are when entering the auction which is close to never... perhaps if they were easier to spot more people would click?
At the very top and very bottom of every page.

I think perhaps people outside the US/UK/Canada may not see them, but I could be mistaken.

Dredd

D3 Off Topic Moderator
There's a banner on top of virtually every page. Sometimes while sifting around the contents of this site or the forums, you'll get a pop-up ad too. Click away!

Of course, some pop-ups you get are due to spyware and not related to diabloii.net at all. Since you can't always tell the difference, click 'em anyway. :p

TheDarkSide

Clan Officer - US East Hardcore
SuggestiveName said:
Theres no auto deduction that I've ever heard of. So either donate a dollar (or whatever) every month, or donate a lump sum and ask that it count for the next 6 months or however long/much you want to donate for.

You email Elly after the paypal donation with your real name, forum name, and paypal email so she can match it all up and give you your pal status.

Ko - thanks for the info . I just made another donation as the first one i didnt give Elly info . Hope it helps ...

Yavanna

Diabloii.Net Member
SuggestiveName said:

And Sarge now has a P.O. box for checks and hard cash.

http://forums.rpgforums.net//showthread.php?t=127322

Anyee

Diabloii.Net Member
tl998 said:
Does Elly also manage otehr sites such os WoW or Warcraftiii.net?
Yes. Both she and Rush are the founders and uber admins of wow and warcraftiii.net, as well as rpgforums.net and scghost.net

That's a lot of net.