Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

time of disappearance

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by kz777, May 22, 2005.

1. kz777

kz777 Diabloii.Net Member

time of disappearance

i was muling with my friend today, and somehow our runes just disappeared, i was wondering how long does it take for the runes to disappear when they are at the ground, what about items? thanks in advance for your helps

2. NmFactory

NmFactory Diabloii.Net Member

If they were high runes that you hadn't found yourselves they were probably dupes and got destroyed by Rust Storm, the program Blizzard runs periodicly to get rid of dupes.

3. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

IIRC runes as well as runewords disappear after 20 minutes, although it might as well be 10 minutes. I once lost a Stealth armor at the beginning of the last ladder season. The game might consider them being nonmagical with respect to that.

4. slappy sam

slappy sam Diabloii.Net Member

I'm pretty sure the game considers Runewords equal to uniques with respect to the amount of time they can sit before disappearing. IIRC its somewhere around an hour for uniques/runewords.

5. kz777

kz777 Diabloii.Net Member

i had about 2 ums, 3 fals, 6 sols and other low runes sitting on the ground, im pretty sure they aren't duped, I had them on the ground for a while since i had to do a massive mule xfering, about 400 items+, and i was saving the runes for last, unfortunately they disappeared on m :(

krischan, i think your calculations of 20 min sounds right about the runes, i'd have to check further on that to get the exact time, also if you do pick up the runes during a game does the time reset itself?

6. krischan

Another occurrence of clicking a button while the brain has been switched off. Mods, please subtract 100 from my post count if you think I need punishment :bonk:

Sorry for double posting :rolleyes:

7. krischan

The timer probably resets. It might not be enough to click on the items with a full character, so the items drop on the floor again immediately, but putting an item on the cursor should be enough.

For muling that many items, you should have use instances of the game, so you have at least one mule in it all the time. You should still perm the game before starting to mule. Transfer all valuable stuff via the trade window and never have more on the floor than one of the characters in it can pick up, just in case a message "This server will shut down in 3 minutes" appears. That might make muling last a little longer, but you won't have to fear losing everything at any time.

8. Ax2Grind

Ax2Grind Diabloii.Net Member

Details

The item timer resets if the item status is changed. This occurs if the item location is altered (picking up the item with the inventory screen open and dropping it quickly in a different spot, something that can be done with multiple items to move entire groups if you're accurate with a mouse), the item is put into your inventory (formally picked up with the inventory screen closed or with it open and using a second click to insert it into your backpack), but not if you simply pick the item up with the inventory screen open and drop it in the exact same spot.

I have three LOD CD keys but only one classic, and even if I spent the money for another I can't read the key on my first case any more due to Blizzard's brilliant use of disappearing ink. That's just one of the many reasons prohibiting dual instances, but - yes - it would save a lot of valuable items. So would stability of the network, removing the item timer for anything dropped inside camp, rant, rant, rant, rant...