time is short

blizzsecrets

Diabloii.Net Member
time is short

My time is short, so I will make this as brief as possible. We are undergoing a brief security upgrade (monitoring software currently offline), and I have time to post this email: this email address will never be checked. I will never use this nickname again. Below info is highly subject to streamline and change:

-ghost cancelled due to disinterest by public: staff divided, some to D3 some to SC2, some to WoW

-WoW graphical upgrade imminent within 2 years, 2 new hero classes (common knowledge, possibly warden and archmage)

-D3 set initially in Limbo, between worlds (terrain as appropriate). Some time travel part of game story

-Heaven under siege by Hell - 2 factions, pvp between factions only

-2 new classes added, 7 previous classes kept: Infernal, Nephalim (demon and angel) infernal is male, nephalim female

-New skills for each class

-shards of worldstone scattered across time/space: new socketable gems of considerable power (effects under speculation)

-"Guild" games, in which guilds may have halls that only guild members may join game session to access.

-guild channels, with banning and kicking functions enabled for guild masters on battle.net

Sorry for such small tidbits, but I'm crossing the line greatly.

PS - there will be a new cow level!

Flux

Administrator
Re: time is short

Just in case anyone's wondering, this isn't legit. As if a Bliz employee eager to leak vague secrets couldn't just post from his home computer? At any rate, this guy's IP has him on DSL from Bell South, an ISP in the southern US. Not available anywhere near Irvine, CA.

Really, can't we get some more bold predictions? I'll be quite disappointed if D3 is just D2 + 2 new characters and some other type of socketing. I'm hoping for a near total reinvention, as they did from D1 to D2.

PoiZonCraZy

Diabloii.Net Member

Just in case anyone's wondering, this isn't legit. As if a Bliz employee eager to leak vague secrets couldn't just post from his home computer? At any rate, this guy's IP has him on DSL from Bell South, an ISP in the southern US. Not available anywhere near Irvine, CA.

Really, can't we get some more bold predictions? I'll be quite disappointed if D3 is just D2 + 2 new characters and some other type of socketing. I'm hoping for a near total reinvention, as they did from D1 to D2.
LOL blizzsecrets just got pwned

prion

Diabloii.Net Member

besides everyone knows that it will be a Bunny level and not a cow level

Dorfoumous

Diabloii.Net Member

Flux: this is for you..

While I first looked at that, I was like..ok, well that isn't true.

But flux...you might be mistaken..

Check my IP, it says I'm in DC, right?

Check my location, Missouri.

Just because their IP doesn't match their state doesn't mean they aren't there.

They could be using a different server. Very Rarely, with companies, is their server actually where they are at. Meaning, While I'm in Missouri on a government computer, I'm actually connected to a Washington DC server...

I used to be an admin on a different VB site...but its kinda interesting when you factor in that Blizzs server could be located outside of Irvine CA.

tuxor

Diabloii.Net Member

I'm going to go ahead and not believe ANY of that. :thumbup:

I also like how for being so pressed on time, he filled out his location and stayed on after posting for over 20 minutes.

Dorfoumous

Diabloii.Net Member

yeah, I really doubt it is true either, I seriously don't think someone would risk losing their job for some secrets.

If one were overzealous, they could try to find were the Blizz servers are located, or who they are contacted too,

Or just contact a blizz employee and ask, if this IP matches anything in their building...

TraderScope

Diabloii.Net Member

Well, ask yourselves why would anyone have that type of info coming out of their heads and then posting it here in the forums? If someone would make up something like this, I believe he would make up a more epic story..sry but I believe the op might be from Blizz.
And btw, it's a no problem to "circulate" your connection trough other router that's in the other side of the world, routers anyone?

Elly

Administrator

We know Blizzard's IPs and his doesn't match but I think more telling, as tuxor pointed out, he is pushed for time but took the time to add his location as Irvine CA. Also 'New skills for all classes'? doh.

We'd originally deleted this thread but reopened it as it was a bit of a jolly.

sicilian

Diabloii.Net Member

I don't believe this is real, and actually HOPE a lot of it isn't...

"D3 set initially in Limbo, between worlds (terrain as appropriate). Some time travel part of game story"
Really? Time travel? This sounds more like fan fiction to me. Might as well have hinted at a romantic story between the MC and Charsi :p

"2 new classes added, 7 previous classes kept: Infernal, Nephalim (demon and angel) infernal is male, nephalim female"

Two problems with this. First, I was hoping in D3 they would give us the option of choosing sex regardless of class. Second, I thought the class skills were spread kind of thin with too many useless and duplicates as it was. Keeping the original 7 is a rehash, but then adding 2 more will only lead to more ambiguity between the classes. Plus, how can you possibly NOT make an Angel or Demon more powerful than a mortal?

The only thing that makes me really hope this post is real is that it would confirm D3 is under serious consideration and may come out before I die.

Elly

Administrator

True he could have taken time to use a proxy, assuming quite rightly that the admins would check that. However, based on 10 years of seeing this sort of thing I'd lay good money on it being a wind up.

Dorfoumous

Diabloii.Net Member

highly unlikely he is using a proxy. His work would see that/or the firewall, he would be fired instantly..

Not to mention more than likely they would block that sort of the thing to happen, incase of a rouge working trying to ruin blizzard.

Then of course, if that were the case, why not just use your home computer?

TraderScope

Diabloii.Net Member

highly unlikely he is using a proxy. His work would see that/or the firewall, he would be fired instantly..

Not to mention more than likely they would block that sort of the thing to happen, incase of a rouge working trying to ruin blizzard.

Then of course, if that were the case, why not just use your home computer?
Bear in mind that they had a "maintance" going on..

Zeek

Diabloii.Net Member

Almost contradictory anyway if you ask me. 2 factions but keeping the original 7 classes? Maybe you could pull the necro over to the side of hell but beyond that all the heroes are good guys. Unless they're saying that all classes could be heaven or hell and then it's sorta pointless to have separate factions.

I agree with the previous poster that I fully expect you to pick the sex of the character regardless of class choice in D3. I mean even if we keep the old top down style I imagine everything would still go 3D.

jamesisbest

Diabloii.Net Member

The post by blizzsecrets was a good laugh. I hope nobody seriously buys into those b.s. comments...

MuffinMan

Diabloii.Net Member

Anyways its spelled Nephilim not Nephalim.

Genesis 6:4 states "The Nephilim were on the earth in those days --and also afterwards-- when the sons of God went to the daughters of men and had children by them. They were the heroes of old, men of renown." The Nephilim were a race of giants that were produced by the sexual union of the sons of God (presumably fallen angels) and the daughters of men. Translated from the Hebrew texts, "Nephilim" means "fallen ones." They were renowned for their strength, prowess, and a great capacity for sinfulness.