Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

"Time attack" Videos

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Ebuski, Mar 19, 2005.

1. Ebuski

Ebuski IncGamers Member

"Time attack" Videos

Well I was bored last night and stumbled upon a site that has "time attack" videos for a lot of different PC and console games, of the ones i was most impressed with would be super mario 64 in 20 minutes, a lot of them I know can be faked by putting "best times" in video runs into a compilation. Here's the archive of all the time attack videos.. this is more of just a way to kill boredom than anything

http://speeddemosarchive.com/GameList.html

2. Merick

Merick IncGamers Member

I've been meaning to start a thread about this.

http://bisqwit.iki.fi/jutut/nesvideos/

I love this site. Speed runs using emulators (note- this site does not contain roms nor does it provide information on where to get them) of NES, SNES, and Genesis games. I'm working my way through the 3 hour (about an hour less than the movie on that site) super mario RPG run now :D
    Many of these movies showcase some incredible glitches, there's a ~4 minute movie of someone beating Legend of Zelda for SNES. The megaman games are some of the best on the site.

3. ~Kazama Fury~

~Kazama Fury~ IncGamers Member

I was the most impressed with Super Mario Bros 3, but if someone beat Mario 64 in 20 minutes.... uh.... wow.

How is that even possible, you need to collect a bunch of stars before even entering the final stage. And in between, you would have to collect enough stars to fight Bowser twice, through relatively long dungeons...

Well one way to find out...

*clicks on link*

edit: ah ok, I understood by your post that he beat the game from scratch in 20 minutes. Bah! But 2:57:47 for 120 stars is quite impressive.

I think the most impressive video from that link with a simple glimpse would have to be Halo's. I already have enough trouble beating legendary. -_-

4. Ebuski

Ebuski IncGamers Member

I just think it's cool to see all those game exploits in the games as well as the perfection needed to do all of that so quickly... makes me regret pawning mario 64 :-\

5. Geeno

Geeno IncGamers Member

the very first time my cousin play SMB3 he beat it in under an hour, he was like 12.

6. Mecal

Mecal IncGamers Member

too bad the vidoes are so big, or else i would download some.

i mean, i could if i wanted. but i dont...

whoa they have Jet Force Gemini, brings back good memories...

7. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

You guys are mistaken about that mario 64 video. That 20 minutes is ONLY for the first 16 stars, the full 120 record was almost 3 hours which is still......insane.

8. Donkey Button

Donkey Button IncGamers Member

Is it just me or does the Mega Max X video on Merick's link seem like the guy uses invincibility? Seems he does stuff that should hurt him but it doesn't.

9. piff

piff IncGamers Member

10. Ev_

Ev_ IncGamers Member

I just watched all the Halo videos. There is some insane gunplay and grenade usage in there. There's are some crazy tricks used to bypass dozens of minutes of gameplay too. Very cool.

11. Skips

Skips IncGamers Member

The 20 minutes uses a glitch that means he only needs 16 stars to finish the game. Its really quite impressive.

12. AeroJonesy

AeroJonesy IncGamers Member

Yeah, most of the Halo vids are Cody Miller work. He posts 'em on halo.bungie.org periodically and he's currently working on beating Halo on legendary in under 2 hours. Right now his best time is at 2:09. Keep in mind that's adding up the times for each level, not a dry run from turning the Xbox on.

13. Tor

Tor IncGamers Member

i want to beat yoshis island and donkey kong 12 3 for snes buts its way too hard ><||