Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Tiger Strike/Dragon Tail

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by kiljoy001, Apr 7, 2004.

1. kiljoy001

kiljoy001 IncGamers Member

Tiger Strike/Dragon Tail I need help

hello I made a assassin using the posted skills. Everything was peachy until I got to hell... I mean I was wrecking everthing and everyone... and then I couldn't kill anything in hell... can someone give me a run down what I did wrong ?
    Lvl: 75
    Skills used:max tiger, max dragon tail
    4 bos
    4 shadow master
    7 claw mastery
    10 death sentry

Gear nat set (no claw yet not 78)
    bartucs, jade talon
    I'm figuring that because I do mostly fire dmg (dragon tail) I need to get some kind of lower resists going (facets etc) to make it " happen"

2. Rastaputin

Rastaputin IncGamers Member

have a friend who came up against the same wall. anybody got some good hinters? i suspect it's just a case of tweaking equipment?

3. raphiel20

raphiel20 IncGamers Member

well its partcially due to the fact that you mainly do fire dmg hence the slwo down in killing vs fire immunes, lwoer esist charges on a wep on switch can help there as can facets. But i think your main problem is your bots, nats dont give much kick dmg, the boots that give the most are up'd gores and shadow dancers (think thats there name). good luck :thumbsup:

l8rs :howdy:

raph

4. GenXCub

GenXCub IncGamers Member

Yes, anything fire immune and physical immune will rock you.

Dragon Tail damage is fire damage that is based on the amount of physical damage you do to your target. If you're fighting a group of fire immunes, you'll only do your damage after tiger strike, and dragon tail will do 0 fire damage to them and the rest of the group.

If you're fighting physical immunes, since you'll do no physical damage, dragon tail has nothing to multiply to get fire damage from.

This is why I like blade fury and traps as a secondary (unless you have phoenix strike already).

5. lextalionis

lextalionis IncGamers Member

One of your big problems is you are using Nat's Boots. I was so mad at blizzard making Nat's boots such a low damage boot. You need to get into Myriddon Greaves. Upped Goreriders or SHadow Dancers are the unique forms, but any Myriddon Greaves will do, you can craft a pair with one of the formulas. But even damaged Myriddon Greaves will do.

Your base damage for kicks is greatly increased by your boots. You are currently only wearing exceptional boots.

6. Naliworld

Naliworld IncGamers Member

kiljoy001: To echo GenXCub; you need some way to deal with PI or FI monsters...until then, even getting better Kick damage won't make much of a difference(at least with close to half of all monsters in Hell).

Blade Fury could work if you have a Static weapon on switch('Crescent Moon' or Stormlash), but IMO you still need a dedicated non-Physical damage source to finish them off...Venom is ideal here.

Though, if you want a less item-dependant solution to PI/FIs, consider max PS + Max CoT...the only thing you'll need are about 8 +skills...since this is a TS/DTail build, that should be no problem at all.

Traps also work, but well...you won't be getting a lot of damage out of them unless you hit level 90+, since TS/DTail already takes up 40 points. Also, you have the added strain of having to get extra +Trap skills on gear(or charms, which could get slightly expensive)...

7. FrozenSolid

FrozenSolid IncGamers Member

How do u craft a pair of Myrmidons by the way (I play non ladder...)?
    I have hard time finding good ones...
    My currently kicker is using Sandstorm Treks (shes a DTalon/Trapper)
    Do u think the dmg on those boots will do its job in hell?

8. Richie Daggers Crime

Richie Daggers Crime IncGamers Member

How's your AR? I've noticed that I often miss with my kicker. It's led me to abandon her because I'd get crushed if I missed... which happened often. I assume it's an AR issue, but it could be something I'm doing wrong.

9. Rastaputin

Rastaputin IncGamers Member

k. my friend up'd his gore riders and he said he's doing 14k - 22k damage on his final charge. sounds like a lot. i think he just runs past PI/FI's.

10. xineiz

xineiz IncGamers Member

@lextalionis

is it possible to craft a myrmidon greaves?

i thought the formula only worked in mirrored boots... (the BLOOD formula which appears to be the best one to a ts/dtailer)

11. lextalionis

lextalionis IncGamers Member

Sandstorm trek is a scarab shell boot look at the damage differences here. Also realize that just as weapons small amounts of difference in damage can make a big difference when they are modified by all your skills. http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/elite/boots.shtml

On the crafting, while I agree BLOOD is a better recipe, I still think and its the general concensus that more base damage is the most important thing, so go for Myrridon boot if you can. Safety is the recipe you can use to give yourself mods on your boots and the random mods will be more important than the base mods. : http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/crafted/safety.shtml