Tibet matter. Politics and bussiness.

Barabas

Diabloii.Net Member
Tibet matter. Politics and bussiness.

As everybody knows, the whole world is making protests against chinese's Tibetan ocupacy.
But , the fate comes in. 80.000 peoples died in the last chinese eartquake events. Many said that this is Lord's hand caused by Tibetan matter.

What has Tibet to do with the rest of the world ?

Barabas

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Tibet matter. Politics and bussiness.

Like I ever in my life watched that scene where she does that wammy showoff with her legs in front of those policemen or detectives or whatever ... no sir.

And after all she apologized to the chinese in this morning, no harm done.

Seriously, let's talk about what's happening to tibetan people and how this affects us all.

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator

As everybody knows, the whole world is making protests against chinese's Tibetan ocupacy.
But , the fate comes in. 80.000 peoples died in the last chinese eartquake events. Many said that this is Lord's hand caused by Tibetan matter.
Some ? Who said that ? Does it include you as well ? Or are you referring to an anonymous mass that nobody seems to belong to, but which is pointed at in spite of that ?

Also, who are they that they dare to speculate about what might be the will of the Lord ? Not long ago, people got burned on the stake for such a heresy !

Seriously, with that justification you could excuse even the worst crimes and have a justification for not acting on anything. That reasoning is an insult to the intellect of everybody who is halfway able and willing of logical thinking (although that might be less people than I expect :azn:). I prefer people at least to feel a bit bad about it while doing nothing. Typical expressions of feeling bad are cynical comments, making jokes and perhaps even telling that it's fate of the will of god.

It's easy to say that if it doesn't affects ourselves. What do you think, have the massacres of the Nazis in let's say Romania been fate or the will of god as well ? I don't mean to compare the situation in Tibet with Nazi crimes, my point is criticizing to declare certain acts as fate or the will of god.
Come on, you have to admit that this is a bit naive. What has anything to do with the rest of the world ?

Johnny

Banned

Tibet allways bellonged to China. The problem came when Tibet tried to keep the chinese population out of a region that bellonged to China. They considered themselves their own country and where extremly xenophobic to a point where it was'nt uncommon for people in tibet to torture and kill non-buddhists who entered or already lived the area.

It's as ironic as the fate of Nathuram Godse.

buttershug

Diabloii.Net Member

Avoid weasel words.

You can say her name, she's not going to stab you with an ice pick or anything.

Except if you listen to the whole interview that wasn't what her message was. She said she thought that at first untill Tibetins said we should help the Chinese then she realised we should.

cursedfrankie

Diabloii.Net Member

I never understand why or how "God" gets brought into the realm of politics. This is a political matter between the heads of nations. God has nothing to do with it.

Now, for those who say Tibet has always been a part of China.. Now that's just blatantly false. Nations have not existed since the dawn of time. They were formed piece by piece, China didn't start out as a huge mass of land with defined boundaries. Perhaps at some point in time Tibet was a part of China, and at other times it was not. At some point in time the US was "owned" by Indians, and before them...Nobody!

There is no sense in bringing history into this argument. The real issue at hand is a political/philosophical(the disciplines aren't that different) one. This is an issue of national self-determination. In 1931 the Chinese government included the right to secession in its Constitution, and under that pretext did the Tibetan government agree to join. However, after joining that article was removed from the constitution effectively forcing Tibet to remain a part of China indefinitely. The right to self-determination is also guaranteed under the articles of the United Nations and various summits, treaties, etc. China being a member, is obviously bound to those articles.

So I suppose in the end, what we should be discussing is at what point should the ability of a "people" to forge their own social contract with a government of their choosing be recognized? How many people does it take? By what bond are those people coming together? Language, religion, ethnicity, political affiliation?

BobCox2

Diabloii.Net Member

And God Kills a Kitten every time you masturbate to a picture of Sharon Stone.

moo-cow

Diabloii.Net Member

And God Kills a Kitten every time you masturbate to a picture of Sharon Stone.
He does it for me? I thought I had to go out and find a kitten each time. At least I was helping to control the cat problem here.

Head Jumper

Diabloii.Net Member

You can say her name, she's not going to stab you with an ice pick or anything.
Well, who's she? *uninformed*

Krischan has a point about mentioning God's will. And i can't believe that somebody can say something like that.. Even if they were my worst enemies, i would feel bad. Come on, there were innocent people/women/CHILDREN out there..

Speaking about Tibet, honestly, IMO, you have to hear objective opinion from somebody who really knows how is there. (Like somebody who's there atm). Why? First of all, it's China. Communism, limited (if any) free speech, media freedom, etc. Second, been there. Been there for nearly 20 years now, if not more than that. It's not as it is served to countries out of place of happening.
It's same like reading a Wikipedia for information about history, when both opposing and neutral sides have the rights to edit it.

llad12

Diabloii.Net Member

Geologists have long known that earthquakes are caused by the sudden release of subsurface tectonic pressures along a fault zone. Earthquakes are common in tectonically active areas (although they are usually minor in intensity)

Ascribing supernatural intervention to a naturally-occurring event is the epitome of fear and ignorance.

superdave

Diabloii.Net Member

speak human.

Vespar

Diabloii.Net Member

Hand of God....I don't think so.

What happened to China could have very well happened to anyone else in any other given form. When most of South East Asia was devestated by a Tsunami I hadn't heard an utterance about Karma or the Hand of God...though I'm sure at least one missionary or more had attributed to the latter.

As to the whole Tibetan occupancy....well....China did claim about 20 years ago that they had full intention of reuniting the Chinese Empire and reclaiming all lands that were once theirs.

Don't be suprised when China makes another move on Tawain or when the Chinese begin to slowly expand their nation. Keep your eyes on the true imperialists....the Americans.....lord knows they've been snatching up land and annexing countries left and right in the last 50 years.

Point of the matter....it's going to be a Chinese driven world in the next couple of decades or so....time to start hating them just as much as the Americans, right?