Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Thursday

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by JohnnyBravo, Mar 4, 2004.

1. JohnnyBravo

JohnnyBravo IncGamers Member

Thursday

Woohoo! I get to start the daily thread.

I just want to say that I am really excited even though it is 2:08am here.

I got HarleyQuinn, my Arrowless Bowazon to NM!!

I found all kinds of set and unigues too!

See my thread for a full update!

2. Kung Poo

Kung Poo IncGamers Member

Man, the lack of posts in these daily threads lately is a bit... discouraging.

Anyway, I had a dentist appointment yesterday morning, and since I took the day off of work, I had some time for D2. I'm finally bored with my Vega sorcy, even though she still hasn't gotten to Hell Act II. It's just... not fun with her any more. So I started a new character, an Assassin, named Sasha. She's a wildjinn TS/DT 'sassin, and for once, I'm going claw/shield. Never tried a non-dual claw build, so maybe I'll survive longer with this one.

Anyway, Sasha's up to clvl 22, kicking booty (literally) in Lut Gholein. She was almost mauled to death by Radament's lackeys (all players 8), but alas, she prevailed. Y'know, it's nice to be able to kick. There's been so many times where an enemy will smack me, and I just want to plant my foot right upside his little head. Now I can, and it's beautiful.

Tonight is fencing and such, so who knows if I'll get to play. Comic is almost done, only like 3 pages to go. Should be done by Monday or so.

Peace.

~K_P

3. XaviarGangrel

XaviarGangrel IncGamers Member

I know what you mean Kung Poo, I've noticed the lack of daily posting abit too lately, probably people getting busy with stuff :(

Anyway, I been running Hell Pit and Countess abit, nowhere near as much as most people I think, but then I'm doing it slowly trying to find the right balance of MF and survivability. I have a pretty nice Pit map for my Fishymancer, which doesnt have too many open spaces and allows me to surround small groups with my minions, also found a Teleport staff for my switch, so I can regroup if things get sticky. Always seem to die on the second level though :(.

Havent found anything very wonderful yet, but have got to level 81 :)

4. Muffassa

Muffassa IncGamers Member

I know what your saying about lack of posts.

Anyway, I got Inferno, my new firebear up to level 23. He rocks. He is the 1st person to truely take advantage of 2 handed weapons. Also, this is the 1st character that I've worried about IAS - so he is better than my others. Nothing like being a big bear smacking stuff :) Looking forward to lvl 30 when there will be 2 big bears :clap:

Need a little advice on skill placement though. When should I max synergies? and which ones, and how many should I put in Wearbear/Lync?

Thanks, and have a great day!!

5. LowLander

LowLander IncGamers Member

Pff, not much to report, really.

HC assy Katana reached the first waypoint in Loot Golein, and together with her faithfull Rogue and SM took Radament out. Jeez, took forever, but at least SM is a terrific tank at players 5. Otherwise I'd never have made it, I think. Is that dmn bastard always stone skin?

Not much time to play lately, but I'm trying to get at least one waypoint further every night, maybe a bit more in the weekend. Untill she dies, of course....

6. addicted2macs

addicted2macs IncGamers Member

Howdy, all! I didn't play a bit last night. I have a massive head cold and couldn't bring myself to play. I thought about it really hard, but couldn't do it.

Dave in the Basement sent me a Bone Visage which I'm dying to use on my kinda-Fishymancer. I'd started him back in 1.09 as a strict summoner, but stopped in ACT I NM due to the absolute unbalanced skeleton life/damage.

With 1.10, he's back to the killing power he had midway through Normal, which is to say he's deadly. I've not read the Fishymancer guide, but I've picked up stuff here and there and think I'm somwhat following that route.

Right now, I have all but one piece of Trang-Oul's set, so I'm hoping to MF a bit to find the belt. I've got time, as I'm only lvl 51 right now late in Act I NM. I'm using Decrepify as my main curse and I'm loving it--gotta do something to get the bad guys down to my minions' speed. :)

And, yes, let's have some more daily posts!! People are slacking.

@KP: any chance we could see some of your comic when you're done. I would love to take a peek!

7. Kung Poo

Kung Poo IncGamers Member

Well, that depends on whether or not TokyoPop publishes it. If they do, they'd have my head on a pike if I just went off distributing it. If they don't, then I'll probably letcha see a few pages. By hook or by crook, this mofo is getting published. I have connections besides TokyoPop, so maybe those will pan out if this contest doesn't.

Anyway, one way or another, you guys should be able to see it, either by me posting some in a few months, or (I hope) on the bookshelves in your local bookstore.

8. chaos

chaos Diablo: IncGamers Member

Dailies are truly dying. :bow:

Continued running countess, in .09. After 3 days, 1 Ist, 1 Lem, 1 Lum, 1 Fal, 2 Dols, heck loads of other crap. I swear cubing anything is impossible. :lol:

9. MadMardigan

MadMardigan IncGamers Member

Hey all,

Got my hammerdin Bob up to level 25, so as promised I'm going to stop running Act 1 Normal SUs and continue on with the game. My last two finds were a Felloak Club and Bane Ash Short Staff.

I've come to the conclusion that I've got way too many characters (almost 30) and that I need to start playing them some more. Reading Durf's Javazon thread has made me want to start playing mine again.

~Jay

10. Nightfish

Nightfish IncGamers Member

Yeah, well... my lack of playing D2 explains my lack of posting here in the daily. :teeth: Of course, I could just list my other exploits here. Not having anything to say never stopped me from saying it - at great length... :lol:

At any rate, I've been busy playing my Druid/Shifter in NWN to level 11 (or rather, 5/6) and I've discovered some major gripes with the game already. Alignments suck. I just went from lawful neutral to lawful good and that's the end of my druid carreer. Aparantly doing 50% good deeds and 50% evil deeds would have kept me neutral but I don't see the reason behind that. If anything, that should make me chaotic, not neutral. Oh well. Guess I'll just have to slaughter some innocents in order to be neutral again... Maybe burn down a few monasteries or something, just to be sure. :lol:

Oh, and I wanna see K_P's comic, too. :D

11. Fafner

Fafner IncGamers Member

TA'd all night. Not much fun, feet killing me. Slept in which was nice. No D2 today, just thesis. When I do, I'll take my hammerdin (cheesy I know, but I wanna MF the pit for some item dependent ideas I have) into Hell and MF mode.

12. Vajar

Vajar IncGamers Member

Whats the deal with the daily threads? Are they postings about characters you only play on certain days? Or are they just friendly updates to share about what you've been doing in D2 lately?

13. Muffassa

Muffassa IncGamers Member

just friendly updates mostly - plans, hopes, worries - doesn't even have to be D2 related. It puts the commune in community. :buddies:

14. Fafner

Fafner IncGamers Member

Hey Nightfish,

Non-Diablo interlude-
    I recently finished the game with a Druid/Shifter, I went Monk/Druid/Shifter and pretty much straight shifter as much as I could. I only got Undead Form by the time I finished the game and you need to get a really good weapon to even be able to hit the end guy, basically I was moral support while my Hirelings killed him. The Demi-Lich is also hard so watch out. Otherwise shifter is great, other than the 20% XP penalty which is a bug, you can look this up on google for solutions.

15. Backdoor Bandit

Backdoor Bandit IncGamers Member

Thursday...been doing some pit / meph / baal runs.

Hope to get something good before I go off to bed...really need some sleep.

-Backdoor Bandit

16. TekkaZeroX

TekkaZeroX IncGamers Member

Currently, I am working on one of my UML reports that I have to make to complete the class. I am meeting with my teammates today to also finish my group project in the UML class.

Tomorrow, I will be heading on a 12 hour trip down to Santa Fe and back to Colorado Springs. I hate that drive down, but I got to get my therapy or my nice neurological/ immune disorder will get the best of me. :grrr:

I have played some Diablo today. I made Rhyme today out of a 2 socket luna shield today to bump my lvl. 91 hybrid cold/lightning zon's magic find up to 510mf. The bad news is all of her resistance is below -50%. It is too bad, because she would do really well on Baal runs, but I fear one shot of a blacksoul could kill me. At least she can stay in the pit and mf there. :thumbsup:

I am also happy to report that I am down to 19 items on my grail. it was made possible through the efforts of my zon, avenger, my brother's lightning sorceress and trading with other nice players. :yep:

17. Moog_playa

Moog_playa IncGamers Member

Daily update...well for me it's actually about a week's worth. My playing time is very limited, unfortunately. Otherwise I'd probably starve to death, glued to my computer screen, Pat'ing and Mat'ing character after character amidst my own filth.

Speaking of which...I now have Patriarch Marion...my hammerdin. Lots of fun, and able to do pretty quick Baal runs now...each run takes about 6-8 minutes, but that's with a good map.

I've also discovered the annoyance of teleporting thru maps...if you do actually die, it's impossible to get your body back, since now you have to fight through things to get there...with no gear on. Heh.

My sorc Kristin (named after my wife just to annoy her- she hates video games) is in Hell now, and doing okay...Meteor is a frustrating spell to use, however, due to its timing. I find myself being overrun by cold immunes, and if I'm merc-less, I'm toast.

Good news yesterday and today though...I got the splint off my formerly-broken thumb, so I can play keyboards again, and I was nominated for "Who's Who Among American Teachers" by former students...kinda cool, and a nice feather for my cap!

18. Nightfish

Nightfish IncGamers Member

Yeah, I went a similar route. first 5 levels of druid, now I'm going shifter until 11, then it's 5 monk levels because I can't do anything else. After that it'll be epic shifter. I'm not very good at the game, though. My half orc sidekick dude is a lot more dangerous than me and every enemy seems to give only about 10-20 XP. Meh. I hope the higher level shapes will be stronger. :) (basically I'm playing the shifter only because I want to be a dragon. I've always wanted to be a dragon... Just today there were several situations where biting of somebody's head would have made things so much easier for me... Oh well... :teeth: )

Oh, and I'll just cheat my way past the 20% XP penalty bug. Luckily I'm not a member of any NWN forums where I'd get flayed for that... :lol:

19. Shade

Shade IncGamers Member

Heh, alignments in NWN are easy, so long as you act in extremes (Lawful, Chaotic, Good and/or Evil) or not at all (any Neutral). Sadly, rather than making you RP your alignment, they let you change your alignment at will. Chaotic Evil ex-Paladin anyone?

On which note, I've finally made it to Chapter 3, where my Cleric keeps being drowned by her damn Summoned Huge Water Elemental. The ^&$&^%& thing always runs up next to me before using that attack, and it causes instant death if you fail a Fortitude save - so, of course, I mostly end up swearing at the screen. Maybe I shouldn't play with the Full PvP settings on...

Maybe I'll have a bit of time for D2 soon.

20. Ehtirno

Ehtirno IncGamers Member

Woooo! A week off from tha Army, starting today! Time to gat some play time in... :D Oh, wait, this is the Thursday thread, over here its already friday *dance on the tables* :D

And BTW: Gratz to Nightfish for his 4000th post :D