Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Thursday thread :)

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by strijdje, Mar 25, 2004.

1. strijdje

strijdje IncGamers Member

Thursday thread :)

Thursday is here again, only 2 more days utnill the weekend :clap:

Got a little MP action in last night and lvl my lichting javazone to lvl 87, and played mortimer, my new WW barb towards lvl 25, he is now standing in act 3 quest 1...

I'm looking forward till 2night, first bbal-practice but then i'm given the blessing to do 4 1/2 hours of Hephasto running with my windy... maybe we'll see some good runes here ^^ ow and i still have 3 hellforge quest open in hell, so i think this will be a night of runes running then :lol:

stuck @ work as usual,

HAve a good one today guys

robin

2. Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast IncGamers Member

Got to do some paperwork today, after that i guess i'll go on playing icewind dale 2 again. I started that one again yesterday so i guess i'll be busy with it a few days.
    Playing another game for a while always motivates me to play lots of d2 after it :uhhuh:

3. Jezzwashere

Jezzwashere Banned

I have been making a webpage, and I am just in the early developement stages of it. There is a thread here, so check it out if you want.

No D2 today, but tomorrow... I will be doing my 200 Mephisto runs to record the results

4. WhiskeyJack

WhiskeyJack IncGamers Member

Got Paran up to lvl 80 and into the kurast bazar...no significant finds this time. However, he now lives in fear of stygian dolls after getting blown up by an undead flayer. On the upside, that little incident has really sharpened my 'oh crud...run like heck, hide and throw and axe little zealot!' mentality.

on the non-d2 side...still job searching...woo...caught in the dilema of not being a super recent graduate, but not having any experience either (quit a ph.d., and hence, lost all the good job hunting grounds out of a uni placement office...).

oh...checked out the page Jezzw. graphics look good!

cheers all,
    WJ

5. Sypher

Sypher IncGamers Member

AHH Thursday is here... Spring Break is almost over:(
    Well I got Alexa to level 31, she is at the foot of river of flame
    ready to go fight diablo. Other then that nothing much happened
    Have a great day :D

6. IceDragon79

IceDragon79 IncGamers Member

well in 1 hell meph run the only thing i found was a 26% poison resist Nature's Peace ring..

not to bad but is it really all that useful?

7. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

Yeah, I was very disappointed when I found my first (and only) one... :( I have never used it to anything, though it could be handy if you are running Tal's Tomb for runes and stuff

After school I will continue TC3 hunting, finding some of them would help my selffound grail...when I get bored, I will do some Pindle runs. After those anything else is interesting :lol:

Have a good day everyone!

8. My_Immortal6

My_Immortal6 IncGamers Member

I've found a few uniques with my lightning zon today, Crow Caw being the best of them.

9. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

Finished two more waypoints and completed 1 quest in act 5 normal. finally have an assassin that can keep up the killing speed. Been wearing about 100 magic find thus far yet I didn't get any Sets or Uniques last night. however the rare circlet with +2 traps, +17 resist all, x% EDefense and +x strength that I found and can now wear really helped out; sorry I dont remember the actual numbers for the strength mod.

10. Dave in the basement

Dave in the basement IncGamers Member

Howdy Kids!

I only had about a half-hour of run time last night, and I spent that muling and bugging Pindle. His only notable drops were the Soul Harvest and a five-socket Rune Master. The ED on the Rune Master is quite low, but the five sockets are nice.

I think that is all I know. I hope y’all have a great day!

Dave :teeth:

11. Forcefeedback

Forcefeedback IncGamers Member

Yes it is! You can make a fireclaw/rabies hybrid much more effective with it. There are guides at the druid forum for more information.

Or you could allways give it to me... :D

12. addicted2macs

addicted2macs IncGamers Member

I ran Meph for about an hour yesterday, and that greedy SOB didn't drop anything more interesting than a Gladius. Not only did Meph avenge himself of my constant runs by dropping nothing, he also whacked the snot out of me numerous times. I mean, he was on fire last night! I think I died three times. I stopped counting how many times my merc kicked over.

I have mentioned this before, but I never got a good answer...so I'll try again. I think there is a "sweet spot" with MF% and players settings that nets the best results. With about 425 MF at players 1, I get nada. At players 3, I'm getting good stuff. At players 4, I get nothing but rares.

I've noticed this on other players with different amounts of MF. Some settings have green and golds dropping like Martha Stewart stock--others give you nothing but blues.

It's either a coincidence or a conspiracy. Either way, it's something that starts with "c", I'm sure of it. :)

13. Kung Poo

Kung Poo IncGamers Member

Yay, another work day.

I did a little D2 last night, but it wasn't very fruitful. Darken Rahl went into the WSK and promptly had his arse HANDED to him in a silver platter. Several times. Between rampaging Kurast warriors and their freaking shamans, and the stupid lil' pigmy guys and THEIR shamans, I had a horrible time of it. I managed to get to the second level, and there I had to just put the game up. The black soul/gloam things zapped the snot out of me and my minions, and my merc refused to kill any of them quick enough.

I blinded the gloams and kept them that way while my merc and golem wailed on them (my skellie's had all been destroyed), but it was like they weren't doing any damage at all. He managed to kill 2 of them, I think, and I used CE on them, but it didn't seem to phase the rest of the group. After like 15 minutes of blinding the same group over and over while my merc played patty-cake with them, I said screw it, and I stopped.

Nightfish, I don't know how you do WSK runs, man. I'm not looking forward to going back through that place, especially since I didn't even make it to the waypoint. *storms off mumbling something about black souls*

~K_P

14. Forcefeedback

Forcefeedback IncGamers Member

I'm sure Shade and doc would appreciate it if you would say how you derived your conclusions. Like how many (uniques+failed uniques/sets+failed/rare/magical) and if the tilt to some category was consistant or random, was this on seperate characters, seperate maps(seeds) etc.

I only posted this to make sure some people don't get any false information and that the information is tested/proven in someway before we have a rush to find out the "optimal" ratio of (players/mf). I like (8/as much as I can safely carry). :)

15. Spook_Cell

Spook_Cell IncGamers Member

Well I haven't been playing much D2 lately but I started my skill tourney char, Magus the necro, so far he's not doing too bad but I'm only lvl 11 and I still don't have accesss to all those uber lvl 12 skills :worship: . On a personal note I may finally have screwed myself with the way I do my homework. We'll see if I can do 1 month of differential calculus homework in 5 days. Will our brave hero found a way out of this fortress of Doom or will he succumb to the dangers that lurk within? Stay tuned next week to find out :lol: .

Crap I'm screwed :scared: .

16. Kung Poo

Kung Poo IncGamers Member

By the way, Durf, I just read your response to my language question from yesterday. Thanks for the advice, it helps a bunch. The "nee" was gonna drive me crazy until I figured out what it was :D

17. strijdje

strijdje IncGamers Member

"Nee" is also Dutch for no :lol: dont know if that was the question but hey, im bored like hell :D

18. addicted2macs

addicted2macs IncGamers Member

Ahh, there's no math or code-breaking skills involved in my wild assumptions & subsequent conclusions--that's what makes them so good! :lol:

I'm just remarking on a trend I've noticed playing lots of Hell games over time. Like the Lottery, and any other game of chance, it's easy to draw conclusions from random events and choices. I'm sure there is no basis to anything I've said. When you look at a limited amount of data, it's easy to make insane conclusions.

Having said that, I still think there is a Magic Find "G" spot you can hit. :)

19. Kaysaar

Kaysaar IncGamers Member

No D2 again for me. I'm 99.9% sure that the addiction has passed. Although I don't think I'll be able to leave this place. Too many nice people here. :howdy:

Let's See. I played some Neverwinter Nights this afternoon. I just created a cleric of sorts. Should be interesting enough.

Later I need to work up the ambition to call a family of hispanics that I don't know to ask them if I can interview them for a project. I hate doing things like this! :rant: I like the class, but this one project is just annoying. Meh, it's got to get done eventually.

Have a nice day :howdy:

20. Morbid_Death

Morbid_Death IncGamers Member

Ok I started off with a zealot as my grial character, but after finishing act 3, I decided to switch over to a CL/FO sorc instead. I started her the other day and today Isabell finished normal and between her and Jack_Daniels I've found the following for my grail:

Mace, Long Staff, Heavy Boots, Scimitar, Bardiche, Short Bow, Ring (Nagelring), Heavy Gloves, Spiked Club, Morning Star, Double Axe, Tower Shield, Repeating Crossbow, War Axe, Chain Mail, Amulet (The Mahim-Oak Curio), Helm and Studded Leather.

Sash, Light Belt, Small Shield, Leather Gloves, Full Helm, Helm, Chain Gloves, Chain Boots, Belt, Broad Sword, Breast Plate, Mask, Bone Helm, Light Plated Boots and Bone Wand.