Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Thursday thread :)

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by strijdje, Feb 12, 2004.

1. strijdje

strijdje IncGamers Member

Thursday thread :)

Yup, its Thursday already here in Cheesyland... hope I dont start this thread too early because all of those stupid timezone's

anyway, post your findings or plans for today here, and give us all a laugh
    I'm stuck at my work as usual and spending my time, for a difference, with reading guides and looking for cool screenies on the forums so..

Good luck and may the MF be with you ^^

robin

2. 6stringspanky

6stringspanky IncGamers Member

well i mp'd my new hammerdin with a guy from the us east trade forum...i converted him, hope to see him here soon. got 1/2 way through act 1. plan on playing my lancer tonight

3. XaviarGangrel

XaviarGangrel IncGamers Member

Personally I'm gonna complete Act 3 Normal with my Fishymancer, and hopefully Act 1 Normal with my Swordbarb. Once that is done I'm gonna start doing some MF runs on Meph and a few other areas of Normal thats been suggested as good, see if I can get some ncie low level stuff for myself, and for the Giveaway thead :)

4. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

Good morning! (it is not too early here anymore :teeth: )

Well, yesterday I made my bowazon a Mat, but I didn't make a separate thread for that because I think it wasn't an achievement at all. It took 3 days to play thru the game, and I played both nm and hell in MP games hosted by Andrew. We didn't complate all quests/collect waypoints, but I did all those quests after the MP game (and collected the waypoints too). Now it is time to level her up

I thought there is one major flaw in her build: she has 637 points of life. She has good resistances (73/65/75/75) with 40% cold absorb from 2x Raven Frost, but I was sure gloams will kill her in no time. But I was wrong. Gloams haven't yet been problem at all, and I guess I know what is the reason:

String of Ears
    Demonhide Sash
    +166% Enhanced Defense
    +15 Defense
    Magic Damage Reduced by 15
    Damage Reduced by 15%
    7% Life stolen per hit
    +10 Maximum Durability

I think that belt is a real lifesaver, maybe the best belt in whole game. If I am correct, gloams lightning hits you multiple times, so on every hit those 15 points of damage are reduced! I think one lightning took 40-50 life from my zon, not 100 points as usually (based on experiences with necro). Only real danger is that she is surrounded by few (or more) melee dudes, but that can be avoided just by being careful :D

After all, have a good day!!

5. Ryondaahl

Ryondaahl IncGamers Member

I spend most of the evening getting my Paladin Aragorn and Barbarian Ãrpád through numerous Ancient's Way runs. I was surprised at the amount of unique and set drops I had. Nothing awesome, Kuko Shakoku, Silks of the Victor, Blade of Ali Baba to name a few, but these guys are <50% MF and I had 1 or 2 drops per run. The last 55 minutes were reserved for running with my Assassin from Lut Golein in Act 2 NM to the Travincal WP, doing all major quests and even levelling from 51 to 52 on players 1. BoS rocks :) I'll get her to Act V tonight and get some serious levelling going on.

cheers,

Ryondaahl

6. supermatt

supermatt IncGamers Member

my d2 playing has been falling off a little lately cos most of my characters have network partners, who my brother controls and while i’m at work he plays himself out for the day and i get home and he only wants to do a quest or 2, so I don’t get to play as much as i’d like

yesterday/last night, we did the first half of act II hell, calling it a day after destroying the altar in the Claw Viper Temple, the only major find of the day was a burrito canon, and funnily enough the first burrito for both of us in 1.10. funny that it fell in a network game. although i swear it was my kill :D

i then moved on to need for speed, and completed one more quest before getting stuck on a tough 7 lap race, which i’ll have to give a couple more tries in order to win. i don’t want to drop the difficulty below hard for the last couple of races

i hope everyone is having a great day
    :) matt

7. Borlag

Borlag IncGamers Member

stuck @ work, bored stiff...

Hmm, that seems to be the story of my life nowadays...

Did you know that since there's multiple religions that believe that when you die you go to hell if you don't believe to their god? Ok, so since there's also multiple religions that don't allow you to believe in multiple gods, you'll go to hell no matter what you believe in or if you don't believe in anything at all.

So basically...umm, I don't know, I think I had a point somewhere but I might have lost it, just like I lost my mind the other day...or was it the other week, month, year...bleh, who cares, I lost it and that's all that matters...

Hmm...actually, my rambling could me turned into a song...been awhile from the last one I made...

Then again it's been awhile from the last time I made anything new related to music, be it lyrics or chord progressions, riffs...anything. Time to do that today :D

8. Orlith

Orlith IncGamers Member

No Diablo for me yesterday since I was stuck in bed with a severe cold and fever.
    I'm feeling better today but since I had to go to work and still have some fever, I guess I'll crawl back in my bed as soon as I get back home...

9. Nacaa

Nacaa IncGamers Member

Thinking of installing Diablo again after a break for 1-2 months but still very unsure about it. It takes too much time. But, hmm, I have alot of spare time so I probably will end up installing it again.

10. Dave in the basement

Dave in the basement IncGamers Member

Hi Kids!

I spent the majority of the night chasing my wife and son around, so not too much playing time for me. But I did spend my playing time pushing Mephy around. Some of the notable (or new to me) drops included:

Ethereal Edge
    Blackbog’s Sharp
    Sandstorm Trek
    Que-Hegan’s Wisdom
    Alma Negra

All in all, it was a pretty darned good night.

And if we are keeping track, kindly put me in the “bored at work†column. Ick. But at least I have y’all to keep me company!

Be good-

Dave

P.S. Orlith, get better soon!

11. Orlith

Orlith IncGamers Member

Thanks Dave ;)

BTW, last time I was on my way to tickled Mephisto, I caught him making fun of you while he was chatting with his Council Member buddies.

I don't mean to be a telltale, but I think it deserves some explanation from him to you... He needs some butt whoopin' if you ask me... :D

12. Dave in the basement

Dave in the basement IncGamers Member

Ah, he was probably just trying to make the Council jealous; I usually leave them alone. Unless Mephy is stingy with the greens or golds! :lol:

13. Kung Poo

Kung Poo IncGamers Member

Thursday... almost there. Just one more day...

I got my shockadin to Hell Act II last night. Yay!! Andy was a pushover, and minus her, I got through all of Act I on players 5-8. Pretty darn good for Hell.

So now I'm clvl 79, just about to max the very last necessary skill for this build (one point left). So at clvl 80, I'll be free to use any skill points on whatever. I'll probably pump holy shield, since that saves my butt so often.

Tomorrow the fiance and I are throwing an Anti-Valentine's party at the house, and much music playing and drinking will ensue. Should be fun. Peace.

~K_P

14. tragor

tragor IncGamers Member

Well, it's Thursday. That means I'll be going to work. Again. I think this whole "work week" idea is a scam fostered by greedy companies who just want to make our lives miserable. I mean, really, how do they expect me to get excited about work when they make me be there 5 days out of 7?

My barb might take a break today. Maybe I'll run out GuineaPig (my hot & cold sorc) for a while. She just made it to A3-normal and she's my first sorc so I really should give her some more playing time. I guess we'll see how I feel after my job sucks its share of my life away.

Uni was hard work, but there was always time for hard play, too. Man, I miss those days. ;)

15. bhaalistik

bhaalistik IncGamers Member

you been drinkin again Borlag? :wink:

16. Icebird

Icebird IncGamers Member

Morning all,

My 1.09 assassin joined a couple of cow games. She's about a quarter of the way to 95 now. Avoided any deaths although she was living very dangerously at times (had a few "gulp all potions" moments of panic...).

My titan barb reached the Stony Field in Act 1 Hell, and the Eth Hone Sundan is still doing the job.

Chris

17. Ti-Ben

Ti-Ben IncGamers Member

Well I'm stomped. Slept 3h this morning... Got a bomb dropped on me, turns out the girl I had a thing on as a bf, good to know those things after I've started something. :lol: Well there's still hope anyway... But anyway!

No D2 for me last night since the UT2004 demo came out, played it through the roof! It is amazing the changes they've made to the UT franchise with this game. Can't wait for the real thing to come out. I'm psyched!

18. fishman

fishman IncGamers Member

What do you mean takes too much time...I say sleeping takes too much time. And working too...if it weren't for those I would be so much further along in d2. :lol: Go on, install the game, you know you want to, it's not like there is anything better to do.

*spooky voice* join us, join us, join us

19. addicted2macs

addicted2macs IncGamers Member

Ran through the WSK Normal with Horace, my Hammerdin. Killed Baal's minions, nothing great there. Killed Baal, nothing great there. Moved on to Nightmare and grabbed scroll of inifus and Dark Wood WP. I'll rescue Cain tonight, then move on to the Forgotten tower. Maybe I'll whack the Smith as well....

I've got a little less than 200% MF at the moment. I'm planning on putting a P. Topaz in my skullders and I've got a P. Topaz Tarnhelm to equip as well. I'll slap on some Chance Guards for pure MFing, but I'll hold on to my Frostburns for now.

Once I refined my attack pattern for Hammers, I'm really, really enjoying the Hammerdin now. I'm getting much better at attacking single opponents also. Good time!

BTW, anyone have a Tancred's weird hanging around? PM me....

20. Butzull

Butzull IncGamers Member

Didn't get to play last night, but will make up for it tonight.

Oh, I've also spent half the day sorting out my stashes, old characters and stuff here at work because there's no work to do.

Chris, if you revisit this thread, what's this "Bronze Pal" thing about. Mind you, it looks pretty funky. You're an individual! :D

Butz. :teeth: