Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Thursday Thread? You betcha.

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Kung Poo, Mar 11, 2004.

1. Kung Poo

Kung Poo IncGamers Member

Thursday Thread? You betcha.

Well, seeing as how there's no daily thread, and it's 8:40 in the morning here, I thought I'd do the honors. I blame Durf for you all being in bed so late.

I played Sasha some more and got her to clvl 39, and I just rescued Anya. Nothing else to report, really.

I'm pissed this morning. I checked the tracking number for the comic I sent off. Apparently, they tried to deliver it and no one was there. They're gonna try again, and if that doesn't work, they hold it for 5 days, and then return to sender. Meaning.... if these morons aren't around to pick up my parcel, it won't get submitted... which means I did all that work for nothing.

*storms off*

~K_P

2. addicted2macs

addicted2macs IncGamers Member

Arrrggghhh!! You just beat me to it, fiend.

I was so excited, though somewhat angered, to be the first Thursday thread creator.

Oh well.

3. addicted2macs

addicted2macs IncGamers Member

Hey, even if it gets returned, which it probably won't, you'll have a whole series of great pages to submit to comic publishers, right? That could turn into something huge!

4. XaviarGangrel

XaviarGangrel IncGamers Member

I was just about to start a daily myself, IE crashed before I could hit Submit though.. :lol:

Hope they manage to deliver your comic, KP, sucks to think you'd have worked that hard on it for somethin to go wrong now :(

I havent had much time for D2 myself, job hunting has taken over today, sending off letters and CVs and fillin out applications.. bah, hate it, but need money.. bah...

I'm gonna try running various places with my Fishymancer when I have time, just got him a Skulders which really boosts his MF, so hopefully I'll actually find decent stuff for once.

Good day to all :)

5. luskan

luskan IncGamers Member

No fair! I was up at 5:30 in the morning (eastern standard time) but it was because I was paged for technical support. :grrr: I blame Durf for my lack of sleep. Now if I was up playing D2, well then that would be okay. :)

6. LowLander

LowLander IncGamers Member

I guess it's all the food throwing going on somewhere on this forum. No time to make new thread, you have to *duck* all the time.

Katana travelled two waypoints yesterday, gaining a level. Hope to thrash the false prophet tonight, get at Kaa, or Maybe even Duriel, tomorrow night. Unless her deeds.... etc.

7. strijdje

strijdje IncGamers Member

yes i think so, i'm already in the late midday of thursday :p but hey, i was too busy to throw and duck all kinds of food :teeth: anywayz, i started the daily mre then enough i suppose, got to give other people some chances in their life too right :lol:

well thursday is crap for me, no diablo, lotsa work, in between a little bit of forum posting, and i'm constanly showering cause i'm standing to my knees in stupid food and stuff

hop to getsome d2 play in 2night though :scratch:

good luck K_P, your ocmic will be sucsessfull, no doubts about that :thumbsup:

have a good one all this thursday

robin

8. Serdash

Serdash IncGamers Member

Well well well. Lookie who's posting! *waits for everyone to greet him, but stands there watching everyone look at the posts to see just who it is*

Me! >.<

Yeah, I haven't been around much... it's ok, you can stop crying now! I'm here!

Basically not much D2. Still waiting for the results of the MFOlympics. :rant:

9. El Communisto

El Communisto IncGamers Member

It seems I shall be the first to post something vaguely D2 related in the daily thread. :)

After several weeks of non-D2 playing, and several hours of cursing and trying to find the CD, I started playing again this morning. :clap:

I trashed my living Septavirate characters and started over. Not a huge loss, since the only character past level 8 was my 'zerker, and I wasn't having too much fun with him. I started a frenzy-barb, and am having a good time with him thusfar.

Plans to move to Australia are picking up. We plan to visit late this year, and travel for a few weeks to find out where we might like to live. Current hotspots of interest are Sydney and Brisbane areas. Any help the aussies can give with slang would be appreciated. Don't want to be standing there with a "WTF did you just say?" expression on my face for most of the trip.

Hm. The cat just puked in my shoe... Better get that cleaned up before I forget and get a nasty reminder later. Bloody cats.

Cheers!
    :drink:
    EC

10. spiral55

spiral55 IncGamers Member

Hey, I was still playing D2 while you were posting.

Played the long-abandoned Necronomicon (just guess what class he is...) for a bit, going from the Stony Field WP to the Outer Cloister, and from clvl 8 to clvl 18. This just reminded me of why I had abandoned him so long ago. Necros are a blast once you finally get them going, but they are without question the most boring class, in my mind, in the early stages of the game. The later payoff seldom seems worth the opening dullness.

Switched to Ramal, clvl 80 fanatic zealot, and did a couple of levelling trips through the Hell Arcane Sanctuary. Had some really tough but fun fights with some ghost bosses, and one with a stone skin, extra fast, extra strong ghost that left me cussing Blizzard, my computer, and everything else associated with D2. A good 10 minutes of fighting, every full rejuv in my belt and my stash used, a couple merc deaths, and my reward? A clvl 9 composite bow. Blah. Oh, how I wish this game factored in degree-of-difficulty somehow when determining drops. Surely this is somehow Durf's fault. Anyway, after getting him to level 81, it was time to go clear out the Canyon of the Magi (my first trip there in Hell in 1.10). LOTS of fun, lots of bosses, and an elite unique. Just mancatcher, but with it being only my third ever elite unique, I was still pretty happy. :D

Into the true tomb my merc and I went, and after he died about 5 times, I just let him stay dead. Several good, strategic fights against unraveller hordes that had me pulling out skills I almost never use (Smite, Sanctuary, Holy Freeze). Found the staff chamber, got the merc resurrected, turned on Thorns for Duriel's initial charge (which seems to have been removed), and settled in for what I thought would be a long, ugly fight. Heh. Beat him in under a minute. The drop absolutely stank, though, with a bunch of bad rares and a trident to show for it. I blame Durf for that one, too.

11. Kremtok

Kremtok IncGamers Member

0650 here in frigind Alaska. It couldn't decide to snow or rain yesterday, so it did both. Consequently, I stayed inside all evening and played around on the computer. I managed to get in at least 50 NM Mephisto runs with Emma, now a level 68 Sorceress. Mephisto is suprisingly fruitful in Nightmare. I've had some good finds, including Gloom's Trap , which is good since I've been trying to trade for it. Anyhow, there will be plenty of play time this evening, so I hope to get something accomplished. I've decided to run Mephisto until level 70, at which time I'll get underway in Act IV and take my run at the Big D. I'll have this weekend off, too, for the first time in three weeks, so I'm looking forward to wasting away in front of my computer while the world continues on elsewhere. Everybody have a wonderful day.

12. WaNg

WaNg IncGamers Member

Hey Kung Poo, I am a bit of a comic fan, so I would really like to know what kind of comic you have written, and who you have submitted it to?

Not much to report D2 wise, got my Kicker PvP Assn to A2 NM....ya me!

13. Fafner

Fafner IncGamers Member

TA'd all day. One girl called me insensitive because I called her a "whiner". Some people just can't handle the truth. Well the truth as I see it, anyway I was just joking with her. I got accepted by CS&A, a firm that places teachers, if anyone know anything bad about them, PM me please. I'm gonna try to teach for a year or so, then see if I can get a university job (after a lovely post-doc, I'm sure).

MC_Hammer killed Diablo in about 30 min, darn that Balrog mob, even with full vigor they cornered me. Drops stank, so I gambled all his money away and drank some cheap ripple (Bad paladin). I got a +2 assassin, 40% gold find amulet, yipee.

14. StarWarz2

StarWarz2 IncGamers Member

Finally got to play some last night. Been real busy house hunting lately (and other RL issues keep creeping up) so very little D2 time. Spent the time doing Pit runs with my LF/MS Hybridzon. Didn't do too bad. Only died twice in 3 runs ... :p Managed to find a pair of heavy bracers (my second, and first in 1.10) that a future PD Necro will appreciate. Other than that, and the 3 socket Phase Blade that I found (nice Pit, good Pit :D) and turned into a Crescent Moon, nothing much happened. Did manage to gamble almost 2M gold and only get 2 amulets worth keeping (+3 Lightning skills sorc and +21%MF +19 Res all). Blue, of course, but I muled them just in case ...

Cheers!

15. Shade

Shade IncGamers Member

Just hit level 70 with my HC Assassin... only 29 more to go :)

A quick glance over some other topics leads me to suspect the Squid is eating my posts, so I'll just leave this can of Squid-repellant here in case it's needed.

16. Kung Poo

Kung Poo IncGamers Member

It's an action/comedy manga submitted to Toyopop.

Update: I called the freakin' place and they said they don't understand why it wasn't picked up yesterday, since they were open when the parcel was said to be delivered. I have to wait until noon (their time) to call again and see if it was delivered this time. Meaning, I have 3 hours to wait until noon in California. If they don't get it today, supposedly they're going to call the post office and see what they can do.

17. Nightfish

Nightfish IncGamers Member

Good luck K_P. I do hope the guys manage to pick up the parcel this time around. ;) Btw, any chance of a sneak preview of your comic for the fishguy? :teeth:

18. Backdoor Bandit

Backdoor Bandit IncGamers Member

Just finished getting my ama to lvl **. :clap:
    Decided to get some pit runs done with my hammerdin. The only find worth mentioning:
    +5 all res SC
    Sazabi's armor (set balrog skin)
    Have a good evening everyone, tomorrow is Friday !
    Greets,

-Backdoor Bandit

19. strijdje

strijdje IncGamers Member

you mean TokyoPop? i have a fellow student from my class who works there as a trainee for a period of 6 months.. i do the same but then not abroad.. i think tokyopop was in new york right? guys i thought he was there, anywayz, i'll email him if he knows anything anbout it :teeth: hey, maybe it helps right?

20. ricrestoni

ricrestoni IncGamers Member

Heavy D2 playing for me thesedays. Baiacu the Fishymancer (level 85)got to Crystalline Passage and saved Anya. Prise the Avenger (level 69) went through all NM to rest at Hell Dark Wood WP after rescuing Cain. He died some times, but I was too lazy to level him properly, and it's not HC anyway.

My nicest find: checking out that the entrance for Baiacu's Hell Durance of Hate level 3 is 2 teleports from the way point. The weird thing is that it is a very long run, if you go by the material plane.

Nice MFs: Homunculus, 7%MF sc.

RL: got a flu, my friend's father went to minor surgery, work is slow, and yesterday went to a Jimi Hendrix tribute show that was awesome!