Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Thursdaily (unlucky edition)

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by erics, Oct 26, 2006.

1. erics

erics IncGamers Member

Thursdaily (unlucky edition)

RL: Wednesdays are our date night, and we had a good dinner at Chipotle. Those burritos are flippin' huge. We also finished of Xmas shopping for two of our kids...uno mas.

D2: My hc sorcy bit it last night at lvl 29 :embarassed: A meph frozen flying bowling ball of doom did me in. Normally one of them wouldn't kill me, but one of those spirits that come out of the floor smacked me causing just enough damage to zero me out when the blue ball hit me. I think it's time for a break.

Have fun, tomorrow's friday :thumbsup:

2. noobintraining

noobintraining Banned

erics - Sorry about the loss. Her deeds of valour will be remembered.

RL: I'm in panic mode with the physics research paper I have to write. Luckily my topic is fun...the physics behind medieval siege weapons.

D2X: If I get a chance to play aside from the paper mentioned above, I'll be leveling my level 62 LF/PJ amazon. Made it to Act IV NM last night, but the experience in the Durance of Hate is still decent, so I'm camping out there. I'm going to exact a little revenge against Mephisto for dropping my first String of Ears with the worst possible roll.

3. Jude

Jude IncGamers Member

Real Life: Trying to decide which movies I want to go to for the International Film Fest. My birthday is coming up and my Mom always gives me enough money for it to buy a pass for $18 movies and I can usually scrape up enough for a couple more. Last year I saw 21 (I intended to see 26 but the damned headaches interfered). The problem is that there are three theatres and the films overlap!

I also went out last night, with my partner, to a movie and for ice cream sundaes afterwards (ever notice how ice cream tastes better when it's cold outside?).

Diablo II LOD: Started another new character, an Amazon called Jac who is going to max out Psychic Hammer just to see how it goes! Probably will put a lot of points in some of the other Shadow Disciplines and mybe Tiger Strike and Dragon Claw, too. Nothing in the Traps tree at all. That's the plan, anyway. She's only level 6 at this point.

@erics: Did you ever read my post in response to your house-buying cost question? My specific info is probably out-of-date, since I haven't lived in the Seatlle area since the early nineties, but you really might want to check out some of the older areas: nice big old houses.

Jude

4. Fists of Legend

Fists of Legend IncGamers Member

Sorry to hear about the death. May her deeds always be remembered.

RL: Firearm deer season is about a week away. Already have my gun cleaned and ready. Stands were checked last weekend. Only thing left is to be patient until the time to go gets here. I have to work all but on of the next 8 days so that will help.

D2: Don't know what to do. RL is taking up a lot of time right now.

5. IronCrown

IronCrown IncGamers Member

RL - work,work, always work.

D2 - Playing my frost zealot. Twinked him out in sigons set(-armour), and angelics set (-sickle). Gave him the generals tan do li ga at lvl21 and he is cutting through normal like butter. Incredible killing speed, and as it is my first heavily twinked character I am amased. Did the first 2 acts and since lvl 6 when he could don sigons, I have not yet used a single potion. He is still using an A1 merc and with a 3PRuby bow she keeps levelling nicely. Maybe I will keep her

The weekend is looming

IC

6. MedctnStn

MedctnStn IncGamers Member

i think you mean assassin, not amazon

RL: just finished an 8 page paper for my immunology class. now to work on an oral report in there on immunodeficiency called X-LA. this class is going to kill me

D2X: work more on my conc barb Angus (lvl 63) or do more of my fishymancer (lvl 13 or 14, can't remember). just found my very first homunculus with my barb the other night, rolled a measly170% ED on it though. that's what made me wanna start the necro (Dracula)

sorry bout the homunculus not being part of the unlucky thread topic, but i think the 170ED was relevant

7. Milb

Milb IncGamers Member

Unlucky indeed, I lost my HC Javazon last night, all selffound gear including a Chains of Honor, Shako, Maras, 20 Dex Ravenfrost... I wasn't very happy :sad2: Dunno what to do now D2 wise, not really in the mood for it, I'm sure something will spark my interest soon.

RL: Got a job interview sorted out for Monday, can't wait :smiley: Think my girlfriend is coming round in a bit too so it's not such a bad day :wink3:

8. Jude

Jude IncGamers Member

@MedctnStn: Yep, I meant Assassin! My fingers were typing on autopilot after the initial A, I guess... Got her to 8th level with 4 points in Psychic Hammer so far. Don't let the class kill you, MedctnStn!

I'm going to go read for a while. See you all, later!

Jude

9. erics

erics IncGamers Member

Sorry I didn't reply. I dd read it and checked it out a little bit. The prices are a bit lower, but not by much. It would also be 10 times closer to work than I am now. However, we're in a big old house that needs some 'fixing up' now, and my wife doesn't want to live there. She wants something newer. I love the place we're at now. It was my grandparents place when I was growing up, and it has three acres. I plan on getting some chickens (check out some of the chick pictures) come this spring, too. I have a feeling I'm gonna lose this little battle in the end :rolleyes: Oh, well, when the wife's not happy no one's happy.

Sorry for your lose too. That's the boat I'm in. I'm thinking of making my first zealot. Good luck

10. Naab

Naab IncGamers Member

Maaan....:sad2:
    How did it happen then?convicted gloams?

11. Milb

Milb IncGamers Member

I got cocky with an Extra Fast P8 Pindle. Should have ran but I stood my ground and died after two hits... I had 48% DR as well, they must have been pretty nasty shots.

Convicted Gloams would have been no problem to me, I had 85 Light Res on my switch under conviction, so coupled with Tgods they would have healed me probably...

12. Sorsha

Sorsha IncGamers Member

@erics: those Chipotle burritos are huge. Had one for lunch yesterday and couldn't even finish it. I which the meat would be a bit less spicy.

RL: unlucky indeed. I got MS Frontpage (at the academic price) and the first thing I do after installation is I manage to crash my website. Woot. It's all fixed now, but I spent two hours fixing it. but at least i didn't have to get my html book, which MM has. I'm really happy with my purchase.

D2: Celes cleared the Hole last night. Tomorrow: the countess.

13. erics

erics IncGamers Member

Wow, that's one great setup for a one liner...

*develops a twitch trying to restrain himself*

14. SeeiN2StarS

SeeiN2StarS IncGamers Member

BYU plays PEPPERDINE in mens volleyball!!!

no d2

15. Dudzy

Dudzy IncGamers Member

RL: School and not much else, have a big networking exam coming up.

D2: Just started agian, made a fishymancer.

16. MadMardigan

MadMardigan IncGamers Member

<twitch, twitch>

RL: Unlucky? Nope. Not for me. I actually had a really good day today. Had a decent conversation with the store manager about what needs to change to make my department do even better than it has been (stop skimping on the help, woman!), the actual work went smoothly, and I finally got a loan so I can now start looking in earnest for an appartment. Glee!

D2: Cuisinart, my WW-sin got from the Dry Hills waypoint to the Canyon of the Magi waypoint (normal), full clears, in one sitting last night. I twinked her up with some better rare claws, so she's doing a bit more damage. Can't wait until lvl 54 for that Chaos Suwayyah! No notable drops, but Eld runes were dropping like crazy! Seemed like I got 3 or 4 in every area.

Anyway, off to clear out all the tombs, wish me luck!
    ~MM

17. Shadow Druid

Shadow Druid IncGamers Member

Sorry to go against the 'unlucky' thread, but I found my first Tomb Reaver! It works quite nicely on my Meph running Meteorb's Merc (wow, thats some nice alliteration :)). I also pushed my grail status up to nearly 70%, but my progress is really starting to slow down.

Also played my Hunter Druid up to Act V Hell, but not without many serious dramas. He was using a mid-range WWS, Crow Caw and a Stealskull but I wasn't happy with his damage output. I gave him a Buriza, but that gave me terrible resists due to losing the 40% resist all from the WWS. To cover that I replaced the Crow Caw with a Duriels, but that made the PI's unkillable since I had no OW from Crow Caw and no Amp Damage from WWS. Eventually settled on this setup:

Skull Brow
    Circlet
    Defense: 22
    Durability: 33 of 35
    Required Level: 65
    Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
    Item Level: 83
    Fingerprint: 0xf311c5a4
    +24 to Strength
    +8 to Life
    Lightning Resist +21%
    Cold Resist +29%
    8% Life stolen per hit
    +1 to Summoning Skills (Druid Only)

Crow Caw
    Witchwild String - 164%ED, 2os
    Credendum
    Laying of Hands
    Natalya's Soul
    Angelic Wings
    Angelic Halo
    Raven Frost

And got through Act 4 ok, picking up a Gul rune (my highest ever) and killing Diablo without using a potion for me or my merc and only recasting my spirit once. I then moved on to act 5 and found it a massive step up in difficulty, I struggled to kill a single monster :undecided: He's taking a break for now while I look through my equipment for a better combination - any suggestions?

edit: forgot about RL - I've been watching a lot of the ICC Champions Trophy cricket tournament, which is unfortunately a horrible timeslot for me - 10pm to around about 5am. Good news is my team, New Zealand, was the first team through to the semi finals after two good wins:thumbsup:

edit 2: I just had a brainwave while shaving and thinking about my Hunter's problem - why don't I try out the Tomb Reaver on his merc? I'm going to give it a try right now...

18. neumein

neumein IncGamers Member

In regards to your druid, I ditched the Hunter Idea as his damage is always going to be craptacular, and am making a flamin' summoner. Max Dire Wolves, and grizzly, 10 or so into HoW, and max out two fire skills. I'm not sure which fire skills I'm going to use though, I'm playing around with a hero editor before I actually make the dude.

In regards to the cricket, Eek! A kiwi fan! *shudder*

=P

In case you're wondering, I'm a Melbourne dude myself.

19. Suiling

Suiling Banned

RL: Nothing but studies..

D2: I bring my IK barb to Hell at lv71, man, Hell is hard even with /players 1. Now i know how my skeletons kill when i played a fishy. 1.5k damage can't even make one hit kill. I gained one lv at Blood Moor :grin:

Question of the day (QOTD): does the jewel with X% enhanced damage worth to be put into the IK maul?

20. sirpoopsalot

sirpoopsalot IncGamers Member

@Suiling, if you're making an WW/IK barb you'll want at least 30IAS in there to reach another attack breakpoint. Otherwise, ED% jewels make sense too (or Amn runes).

RL: Shoes feel wierd.

D2: Yay, I just made the last level necessary to equip my end-game gear wih my Necro - I've been plugging along using Firewall from the Trang's set. It'll be nice to switch to something capable of killing relatively quickly (for another 7-8 levels, at least). He's still quite underpowered, but it's going to be fun from here on out. I hope.