Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Thurs-did-dad-diddly-daily

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Virtue, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Virtue

Virtue IncGamers Member

Thurs-did-dad-diddly-daily

Little flanders moment there.

I didn't see any daily so I figured why not, even though some of us (not myself) are on Friday now. Strange future people and their crazy flailing arms.

RL: Currently at work, my Thursday thing. Sit at a radio station, make sure a broadcast at a patio goes to air.. run contests back at the station. Oh and it just started to downpour, I am really happy to be in a studio right about now.

D2: Going to finish my Twenty20 run, I'm currently about to start Baal. I was going to finish said runs at work but I forgot my mouse at home, and a touchpad with Diablo is a pain in the butt.

OVG: Played Kingdom Hearts for too many hours yesterday, much like we have septs on Diablo I'm going for the KH, KH:COM and KH2 expert with keychain only. It's been tough so far, but I'm battling a Dragon (those who played KH will know, as to not spoil for those that haven't.) and it's being a pain. I've brought it down to almost dead, and both times Donald gets me killed, that jerk.

More RL: My Neurologist appointment is coming up shortly, I'm kind of nervous for it. I get to find out how much damage has happened the last year! (Long story, if you want to know ask.. but who wants to know?)

2. Pijus

Pijus IncGamers Member

Re: Thurs-did-dad-diddly-daily

I want to know your story.

RL: Rolled around on the grass today. Look up gymnastics in google. I think I might go and take a look. Then went to martial arts. Can't wait to get new shoes, because my current ones are very slippy.

D2: Got a character to act2 normal, to the dry hills waypoint. Been playing like J6G lately, a couple of waypoints a day.

3. omgwtfbbqpwned

omgwtfbbqpwned IncGamers Member

@Virtue:
    As someone with a degree in neuroscience... :scratchchin: Also, best family guy clip here.

RL: Enjoying some novels. After reading I Am Legend, I actually understand the meaning behind title, and I am quite saddened how much the movie butchered it.

D2: Medusazon? Another PvPer? Finish up kajillions of characters all over the place?

OVG: Want to, but no time.

4. Virtue

Virtue IncGamers Member

@omgwtfbbqpwned This, is the best family clip. I actually used that sound for a project in College for a radio assignment :p

Story of why I visit a Neurologist.

Jump a few years back, 2006 if I remember right. I was sitting in a class at Highschool when I suddenly had this very strange feeling, it's tough to describe. If you've ever passed out without the "use" of alcohol you know what I'm talking about. Ko'd during class, what was better it was a health class so at least my teachers knew what to do. Oh, I also seizured a bit on the way down. I went to the University hospital near me, they did a few tests, took some blood and let me go. Heard nothing back from that.

Jump ahead a few months, I was about to hop in the shower before going to work when I got that feeling again. Now that I knew what was coming, I don't remember but I called down to my mom and she found me passed out on the floor. Pale as a ghost and eyes rolled in the back of my head, it took about 5 minutes before I was able to wrap my mind around what had happened so I could sit up. We instantly went to see my Doctor (who after the first episode said to get a hold of him if this ever happens again).

Now, lets step back to the first episode for a second (I'm doing it like this for a reason :p). When I got to the hospital, I wasn't rushed to emerg but saw the triag nurse almost instantly. She started to take my blood pressure (by the way, I have an extremly low blood pressure to begin with. Keep that in mind if you're reading all of this), and there came the feeling once again. I was able to stay conscience this time because she laid me down on the floor. Step back to me being at my Doctors office a few months later. He's doing a whole bunch of little tests, checking my temperature and what not. Starts to take my blood pressure and the same thing happened as last time. Completely pale, and they put me down on the floor to keep my conscience. (Anyone seeing a pattern here?). 911 was called, and I was taken by ambulance to the University hospital once again. Although this time I was on a stretcher and had two paramedics around me.

Now it may have been cruel, but because of my low blood pressure I can almost instantly drop my heartrate down 20-40bmp. That freaked the two of them out, so I stopped doing that. They did a whole bunch of tests on me like the first time, except this time they did a follow up.

Jump ahead a few weeks, back at my Doctors to get some test results. I'm sent to go get an MRI, EEG, ECG and Holter Monitor. (If you're unsure of any of those, I can link here or you can google either/or.) The later three all came back normal, I'm not epileptic, I have a normal heart rate and it doesn't vary. We get the MRI results back, and they think they've made a mistake as a white blotch was seen. They send me back for another one, a few months later. Oh, I was also told by my doctor something like this "Well, we either made a mistake. You could have a tumor or possibly brain cancer. Let's jump ahead 6 months, with that thought always on my mind.

Time to time travel again, second MRI. By this time, I enjoy the sound the machine makes because of the way I am I was making mental scenes in my mind to it. Couple weeks pass and I get the results back. Turns out that it wasn't a mistake, and the same white blotch is still there, it's grown slightly but it has indeed grown. Which leads them to believe it's a tumor (can't remember what kind to be honest), this took away the cancer possibilty (for now) and was a relief like you wouldn't know. 6 or 8 months later (I can't remember, there was a lot of time) I was sent for another MRI to see the progress. Compared to the first two, it had barely grown which was a good sign according to them. I believe I have to get another MRI scheduled after I visit my Neurologist, but we'll get there.

During this final appointment with my Doctor about all of this, he sent me to go see a Neurologist about all of this. That was almost a year ago, I'll try to remember a bunch of it for omg's curiousity but I tend to block out things I don't want to remember. She did a whole bunch of tests, confirmed a couple things I knew and a few I didn't but made sense. I'm omnidexterious (sp?) which is funny because school taught me to not use my left hand, I can switch on baseball so kind makes sense. Then it came down to the testing of a few things, if I remember right my tumor is on the front right of my brain. (I could be wrong, but I know it's the right side) which affects the motor skills of my left side. A few basic tests were done, like seeing how quickly I could touch my index finger to my thumb on both hands at the same time. My left hand lags behind at almost 50% and it is slowly becoming slower as of typing this.

So, there's the extended version. There's more details here and there, some I remember and some I forget.. but basically I'll be going back to see my Neurologist in about 3ish weeks to check the "progress" of the "degeneration?". It's kind of nerve-wrecking but it doesn't bother me that much anymore.

By the way, do I win for the longest 'daily' post?

5. Bugzy

Bugzy IncGamers Member

I ****ed up my Maths exam. A couple of tricky, very oddly represented questions and I panicked.

Hopefully if I have failed it - they'll see my First in another Maths-related module and hopefully a First in the core statistics module and may realise I'm a tit - rather than having a lack of mathematical know-how.

6. wilsob

wilsob IncGamers Member

@Virtue: Wow, interesting read. I hope everything turns out well for you. I personally would not handle it as well as you seem to. Again, best wishes.

RL: At work, only a few more hours to go. Things have recently been slow, but still able to find stuff to do (mostly).

D2: Later tonight...probably try to take my single-tree tourney char icabod into hell.

7. TheReadMenace

TheReadMenace IncGamers Member

@Virtue: Thanks for sharing. Don't know how hard it is for you to tell us, but it sounds like you're pretty brave about it all. The best of luck to you, of course, and I hope that there are solutions for resolution.

@omg: I agree with your Family Guy clip. I have a feeling like you've posted it before, and I also feel like I'm giving a similar response to last time, but Joels rock. ...I'll give you two guesses as to what my name is... :thumbsup:

RL: Ahhhhhh, back home. Work's been fine, and the xGF and I are on better terms. Still, work makes me clam up and gets me down lately. Not much to celebrate about it. Gotta think about dinner soon; for the last six days I've eaten burritos and chili, so I'm in the mood for something light.

NBA finals between the Celtics and Lakers starts tonight! Gogo Celts!!

D2: Played the pure Lightning sorceress from mid-ActII to mid-ActIII last night. Half a level away from Insight, which will be a godsend. I remember not liking Chain Lightning when I first used it, but it's been a pretty neat crowd damager. ...Not KILLER yet, but it makes me feel useful as my merc bashes stuff with his ungodly slow eth pike. Kill Steal FTW!!

Also, random question: is rushing a common occurrence in the SPF MP? I see Baal runs regularly enough and I'd like to join, but my Blizsorc is so undergeared she can't even teleport through the second area of ActIV Hell without getting blasted by Gloams. ...Anyone want to give a poor D2 guy a break...? :ashamed:

8. Virtue

Virtue IncGamers Member

@Thereadmenace if you can host, I can help with either my Non-Ladder Hammerdin or Barbie.

Also, I feel like I scared people off with my post :p

9. Pijus

Pijus IncGamers Member

@Virtue: Best of luck with your health!

BTW, I do know that feeling you get when you're about to pass out. Happened a few times when I was in dialysis(didn't drink or eat enough/too much). A few times at home too, I think the doctor prescribed me too much blood pressure medication that time.

Is that tumor dangerous? Are you going to be okay? A mass in your brain that isn't supposed to be there sounds scary to me.