Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Thuesday thread

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by strijdje, Feb 10, 2004.

1. strijdje

strijdje IncGamers Member

Thuesday thread

yup, thats correct, its thuesday again... i'm stuck @ work, as usual and dont have any beautiful screenie's to post abut my latest finds etc.. but maybe u can make my day.

Just tell me your plans and post some screenie's of your drops :lol:

have a good day everyone :thumbsup:

robin

2. Borlag

Borlag IncGamers Member

I'm stuck @ work again too...didn't find anything but naval fluff and ear wax so far...you want some?

Someone mailed me this though, you guys think I should take that as a hint?

3. whomhead

whomhead IncGamers Member

OK, nevermind... i thought the thread title said Thursday... :teeth:

anyway, i spent most of the day going to seminars and working on learning how to program Perl. ugh. got home and did a few Baal runs with my hammerdin. first run dropped me a Spired Helm, so that was cool. the very next run dropped a Cleaver and ~4k gold... that's it. the odds of that are somewhere around 2.21e-4, which is almost exactly the odds of dropping a Mal Rune... lucky me. :rant:

4. strijdje

thnx but i found plenty of ear wax and naval fluff this morning, as far as that dogg :thumbsup: those pics are way too funny... :lol:

edit: well, im at 9.00 oclock in the morning in monday and the forum clock is at 9.55 so ... the voices in my head say its thuesday, and i must obey them ^^.

but you can always wait 8 minutes before posting :teeth:

5. Ravenforce3

Ravenforce3 IncGamers Member

It's 3am here and I'm ready for bed. Got my paladin into Act Two Hell earlier and started a Venomancer (it gives me an excuse to use my 5/5 poison Facet) about an hour ago. I never realized how much fun and "strategy" went behind Poison Dagger. Couple it with Dim Vision to keep ranged attackers/shamen from hitting/raising while they quickly succumb to the power of the venom. Gods, it's fun! If I didn't suck at building melee characters that don't die at least once an act once they get into NM, I'd make this a pure Daggermancer.

6. Nightfish

Nightfish IncGamers Member

Spent the last half hour reading the link MadMardigan gave me in yesterdays daily and it's definetly got "food on screen" potential, if you know what I mean. (strijdje will probably know, right? ;) ) At any rate, have a productive day everyone, see you later.

7. Butzull

Butzull IncGamers Member

Your Thuesday's are a little confusing strij. It could be Tuesday with an accidental "h" or Thursday with an accidental "e" instead of the "r" (they are right next to each other). But anyway, it's the daily thread...woot! ;)

I sit here at work today having been told yesterday that the project has been cancelled as it no longer fits into the company budget. However we're in that weird situation of "carry on as if we're still going until told otherwise". Yeah, like that ever works! Nobody likes to put their heart and soul into something that has a 99% chance of going into the bin before it sees the light of the day.

Don't get me wrong, it doesn't land me out of a job or anything, my company just has to put me on a new project, but it does mean that one of these days I'll have to arrange a rather rapid relocation from England back to Aus which is not such a bad thing except for the hassle of arranging a visa for my fiancee, and that I can't finalise flights and stuff to get to my wedding. Nice huh? ;)

Anyway, on a Diablo note, last night I pushed my HCL barb through the Normal Chaos Sanctuary without any traumas, and then past Shenk. He's now level 33, just a short 9 levels to wear his awaiting Arreat's. :D

Have a good one all!

Butz. :teeth:

8. strijdje

you mean the link about the reason to hate star wars :lol: i know, there are still some skittles on my screen which dont come off ^^

@butz : srry bout the typo's :teeth: it was early, cut a Dutchy some slack :uhhuh:

9. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

Hello all!

I just had some programming at school, but for next I have maths and physics :rant:

Maybe about 4 hours here and then I can go and continue my bowazon. Or should I go out because sun shines and weather is very nice...bahh :teeth:

I started her yesterday just after the school and now she is lvl 45 and ready to kill Nihlathak...I have never before used Strafe, but I must say I love that skill :D When she reached lvl 12 I gave her Arctic Gear, which is very nice set for low lvl ama. I used it until she reached lvl 28 in Spider Forest, then I gave her Skystrike and that bow is just godly :) I have seldom played act 3 so fast and act was a joke too. After that I just did a quick run to Frigid Highlands wp and started Edritch runs, leveled to 42, twinked more, and continued to Frozen Tundra. Doing that took few hours, but I enjoyed that

Have fun!

10. wildjinn

wildjinn IncGamers Member

RL has been busy, but since my last note, my shockadin has hit 50. One of the coolest things in the world is watching imps die when they walk onto the screen for more than 2 seconds. It seems somehow appropriate that, after a massive application of lightning, they crumble into ash. Still, an 8-player game with that happening is just amazing. I literally just walked through all of the Frozen Tundra to kill everything. :surprise:

11. Butzull

Butzull IncGamers Member

I always forgive typos. English is my fiancee's second language after all, but it means I get to have a LOT of fun (she remembers better if I make fun of her than if I just correct her...go figure). ;)

Butz. :teeth:

12. Orlith

Orlith IncGamers Member

Blame Durf for the typo, he deseved it. ;)

Hello everyone and good day to you all!

As most pple, I am @ work too, but I get to read these forums almost as much as I want, so it makes my days easier to support since I can't stand my job and will be done with it by this coming Friday.

On a Diablo note, I ran the Pit twice last night and scored Milabrega's Orb (Kite Shield), so cool!

On Sunday I found LEM... can't wait to find KO to socket my Archon Plate for a little Wealth.

I'll try questing a bit tonight but I'm starting to have some problems surviving since my resistances are so low and I don't always have enough time to Dim Vision those pesky Burning Dead Archers in act 5.

I know, I must be quite bad at this game if I have a hard time playing it with a Skellimancer but hey, I'm an old fart with slow reflexes... what can I do about it ;)

Have a nice day and take care... wherever you are.

13. My_Immortal6

My_Immortal6 IncGamers Member

I've started some new characters so I have at least one active Hell viable character of every class. I made a poison werewolf, a fishy/daggermancer, a melee sorceress, a freezeadin and a concentrate polebarb. I also got my Frostmaiden past the High Council in Tranvincal, cleared level one durance, then quit, forgetting all about that waypoint. :rant:

14. Serdash

Serdash IncGamers Member

I actually played D2 yesterday! *screams heard in the distance*

I took my Fanatic Zealot through Act III, IV, and V yesterday in one clean sweep. Funny thing is he hardly uses Zeal at all. Mostly the merc tanks and he hangs back and just lays waste with a Kuko. For bosses/tough monsters he jumps in the fray though. When he got down to Baal, in fact, his weapon broke mid-zeal and he was out of town portals, buuuuuuuuut he had about 1000 arrows and the Kuko... soo... Just bowed the bastard down. :teeth: This Zealot is awesome. Might eventually upgrade the Kuko to a Shadow Bow and whatnot.

Still searching for that HoZ though... :rant:

Meh, not much else to say.

15. Kung Poo

Kung Poo IncGamers Member

Hey hey, it's everyone's favorite day. Thuesday!!

Played a little bit of D2 last night before fencing class. Got Alric to the Jail 1 WP in Hell Act I. No real problems with monsters so far, although at one point, I ran into a room of 2 skelly archer boss packs and was cursed and convicted. Not a nice combination. The merc died, and I lured out the skellies one by one, killing them stealthily. I was pretty cool, though. I'd come up, kill one, run behind some crates while they shot at me, ran around another corner and killed another, ran back behind the crates... I felt like Bruce Willis or something. Yippy ka yay, MF'er!

In the jails, I met up with the ghost monsters, and was happy for once to see a PI. At first, I was like "Oh crap, a PI. I'm doomed." Then I remembered who I am. A shockadin. Lightning. Hehehe. Zap zap zap zap, death to monster. Now, if I meet a PI/LI, then I'll be a bit worse off. There's only so much damage a Baranar's can do.
    I MUST do my comic tonight; been neglecting it way too much, and there's only a month left to finish it. Argh!!

Peace.

~K_P

16. Ryondaahl

Ryondaahl IncGamers Member

My Paladin Aragorn made level 95 last night. It took me a bit longer than strictly necessary because of a stupid death against a MSLE PI Frozen Scourge. Now on to levelling my Necromancer and Assassin, they are trailing the Sorceress by almost 20 levels now although Sky was created at least 2 months later than either of them.

this is the list ATM:

Growler - Druid 99
    Aragorn - Paladin 95
    Ãrpád - Barbarian 93
    Armella - Amazon 81
    Sky - Sorceress 70
    Kyu - Assassin 51
    Knucklebones - Necromancer 51

cheers,

Ryondaahl

17. Dave in the basement

Dave in the basement IncGamers Member

Hi Kids!

I did have an amusing drop from Hell Mephy last night, if anyone has anywhere to post it… Or I can e-mail it to you, if you are interested.

My first giveaway is underway, so I am waiting to see how that shakes out. If anyone has any brilliant giveaway ideas, feel free to shoot them my way. I probably should have asked about that yesterday, but that ship has sailed!

On the elite-unique side of the fence, I only have 101 to go…which is good, right? :lol:

I’ll probably be muling tonight, but I will try to bug Mephisto for an item or two. Good luck everyone!

Dave

18. Nightfish

I feel poor. :D Just ordered both of the games recommended to me by people in yesterday's daily. They had better be good or I'll blame K_P and Dolph. ;)

19. Karmeus

Karmeus IncGamers Member

I just had to check which games you were talking about... I have them both :D KOTOR is a great looking game, and don't worry about any JarJars, they aren't there. I finished the light side in just over 1 week and in general liked it quite a lot, though the ending was a bit weak. I haven't started with the dark side yet.

NWN is a nice one as well, the original campagne (is that how you write it? my english fails) is alright, no more than that, but the games MAJOR advantage is that there are SO many campaigns made by other people, and some of those are a LOT better then the campagne (same here). I suggest also getting the Hordes of the underdark expansion since then you'll get to level your char up to level 30 (40 is possible in mods) and the char's mobility seems to have increased in the expansion.

In general I would say: good buys
    :thumbsup:

20. Nightfish

Thanks Karmeus. :) I bought NWN and both of the expansions. Well, the first exp. was included in the package so basically I only bought the hordes thingy. Interesting point about the fan made campaigns, where would one go to find these? :teeth: Any of them that you personally played and can recommend? I might as well start downloading before the game actually arrives since it takes a while on dial up. :lol: