Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Throwing in the towel

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Subpoena, Mar 24, 2005.

1. Subpoena

Subpoena IncGamers Member

Throwing in the towel

I have discovered World of Warcraft and I think I may be done with Diablo II after these many years. While I may pick it up again since it is such an amazing game, I would hate to see all my hard-earned goodies simply go bye-bye instead of being put to use.

Over the years, while I have not actively participated very much on these forums, I lurked quite a lot and learned so much about how to play this game and plan my builds. As such, I wanted to give something back.

I may not be an unber-leet (don't even know how to write it) player overflowing with HOTO's and Enigma's, but I have a few accounts worth of goodies (unless any have already vanished) and was wondering what the best (fairest and preferably FASTEST) way to give it away would be.

I am open to suggestions and again, thank you, all!

2. GIR

GIR Banned

Setting up some sort of Trivia game is a popular, and usually quite fair choice.

3. Gorny

Gorny Banned

Easiest in my opinion..

Assign numbers to the accounts you want to give away.

Then create a thread calling for those interested in the accounts to pick numbers.

You will need to figure out ahead of time :

1. The range of the number field.
    2. How many numbers people get to choose.
    3. One or more accounts per winner ?
    4. whatever else you may want to throw in.

Or you could ask randomm questions and the first one to answer correct wins something.

4. Emerald Dragon

Emerald Dragon IncGamers Member

Then the smart people would have an unfair advantage over the dumb people!!! =/

5. ReZon

ReZon IncGamers Member

Excellent idea, sounds like it has been done before!

6. GIR

GIR Banned

It has on a few occasions.

7. Subpoena

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll put some thought into it when I get home from work. I would hate for everything to go to waste since it was al self-found with the exception of 2 SOJ's from back in 1.09.

I'm sure that someone who actually engages in trading could make a nice profit with a little effort on some of my goodies.

8. Killax

Killax IncGamers Member

im seeing a lot of people quitting lately :\

9. Darnoc

Darnoc IncGamers Member

Sorry to see you go; maybe we can persuade you to come back if/when Diablo 3 is released. Of the giveaway threads I have seen, the most fun for the giver and participants IMO are one dealing with opinion-based questions, i.e. favorite tv character, books, music, etc. Also asking questions dealing with complex subjects, and seeing what kinds of funny answers are given, like quantum physics or airplane mechanics; not necesarily correct answers though. Or if you don't want to put in that much effort, just do the number thing like Aragorn said. I like answering questions though, because they make my time here at work pass that much faster. Either way- have fun in WoW!

Darnoc

"Time is an illusion; lunchtime, doubly so."

10. Sharaz

Sharaz IncGamers Member

LMAO!! yeah... that happens!

yeah, lots of people making the mass exodus over to WoW. cant blame em. personally, ive lasted in D2 much longer than i ever guessed. i started back into last april (after about a 2 year hiatus), and am still going strond. i had one lull of boredom with the game, but i got over that a few months back. me personally, i dont spend ever waking moment infront of d2, but i do spend many of them. i do consider myself a border line addict. however, i stay the heck away from WoW for the specific reason that its 1000% better than d2.

either way... have fun with WoW man!!

11. Subpoena

It's true, Wow really sucks you in. Plus, the community is a lot more cordial . . . perhaps because you have to pay. People are willing to offer help or advice without throwing out noob, newb or any derivation thereof.

I played Diablo I, have played Diablo II since well before LOD (on and off) and have no doubt in my mind that when D3 comes out, I'll be thinking World of Whocares, I want to know if Tyreal [sic] became the new baddie.

Anyway, I guess that the thing to do is to ask a question or do a random number thing and then, what, give out the account name and password?

Well, when I figure our what to do (I think I have an idea), I'll post. So everyone knows, I played on US East. I believe that I have 2 accounts that are pure non-ladder (one is pure mule at this point), one account that is half ladder and half non-ladder and a baby (2 low characters, I think )account that is pure ladder but mostly mule-space.

12. cotton

cotton IncGamers Member

A quick word of caution--I've thrown in the towel twice, only to return later with accounts deleted. If I were you, I'd hang on to all that stuff for a while or give it to a friend I knew I could trust, just in case patch 1.11, a new ladder season, a hot girl who plays, or anything else brings you back. It sucks to build up all of that wealth and then one day return to discover it is gone.

13. Cooked

Cooked IncGamers Member

Ahh nuts...now my chance is gone :(

Fastest way to dump the goodies....Whisper me the accts. and passwords. No? Well, it was worth a shot. *grin*

14. WOWTHATWASFAST

WOWTHATWASFAST Banned

lol nice but i rarely see girls on d2 nowadays
    one time this girl wanted me to be her e-boyfriend :rolleyes:

anyways ya i think the number system or asking questions is a good idea to give away :)

15. space_loner

space_loner IncGamers Member

is there going to be a giveaway or what :)

16. rplusplus

rplusplus IncGamers Member

Welcome to the fold!

If you REALLY want to have some fun....

Just log on one day and create a new char. Then go run around in a new game and find someone who JUST started to play.

Then give him all your stuff!

Sort of like waiting outside the DMV for the new kid who just got his license and giving him a Ferrari.

R++

17. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

I haven't played since spring break started and what little desire I had has vanished a bit it seems, just got God of War, this should entertain me, atleast until DW5 comes out, Diablo booted aside once more

18. itsPizzarific

itsPizzarific Banned

gosh darnit, lol its just me and 5ws on bnet now.

"sup"
    "nm"
    "can you help me xfer"
    "sure thing"

:D

@rplusplus .. dont kill him. i remember my first time on bnet, if that had happened, i honestly would have fainted

@subpoena .. lottery and trivia seem to be the most popular options for a giveaway .. you really should keep at least one account though