Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

throwing barb

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by bltlawrence, Mar 18, 2004.

1. bltlawrence

bltlawrence IncGamers Member

throwing barb

Has anyone here tried a low lvl pker throwing barb? If so what skills and stats points did you use?

2. NightShade

NightShade IncGamers Member

Level 14

Double swing : 8
    Double throw : 1
    Master :8

Stats :

Str : 30. There really isn't a reason to go higher
    Dext : 65

Max mask
    Max breast plate
    Angelics
    Cow boots
    Deaths gloves/belt
    Bsod - +18 max dmg.

Weponry : Amp spear. One throwing spear with 10% amp. Use this with your sheild and just try to get the amp off.

2x damage spears. Try to get atleast 60 damage per spear, if either of them has something like cold damage (fun for pking) or Ias, all the better.

Why 14? Because you can use RW charms. I suggest atleast 5 of them...You run. Fast. You have to beable to put ground between you and a charger.

3. Tinfoot

Tinfoot IncGamers Member

Just as a side note, I played with a upper-20ish Throw Barb last night, and aside from the constant need for replenishing his stacks (which I was in full empathy as I was playing a 45 energy Orbmetor sorc and was going through potions like an addict), he kicked massive butt (including Norm Diablo :) )

However, out of curiousity, whats the solo survivalbility of Throw Barbs in NM/Hell in PvM?

4. NightShade

They're quite viable. You could even use a dexta-barb.

5. MoUsE_WiZ

MoUsE_WiZ IncGamers Member

Dexta-barb eh...is that base vita, or just very low amounts of it?

6. NightShade

Not base, but keeping it low. It makes up for the fact that barb's can't go titan anymore imo

7. BreakThruX

BreakThruX IncGamers Member

I have, you can go to about level 15 or 16 and pk in a1 and a2 and stuff. You can use a twitch and max dmg jewel it or even make one with pemeralds in the helm for dex, get about 80 dex i think or more. You said pk so you dont have time to get amp spears and blah blah. You need: 65 dex to use throwing spears, and enough strength for your gear. Reast in vita. One in throw mastery, 1 in double throw and rest in double swing. The best best weapon you could get is a rare eth throwing spear with: replenish, 80 psn, ed and some max dmg. I just got a throwing spear that had 55 damage which is pretty nice. You can also go to level 25 and get a nice harpoon, up to you. Well the main idea is: enough dex and strength for your equip and rest into vita. You can also use strength and dex charms so be aware of those. Also keep in mind that twitch has the strength and dex bonus :). I'd make one but i lost my near perfect max armor and helm and ck boots! CK boots is almost godly for this build: 20 dex and 30 faster run walk!