Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

thrower rock or suck?

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by HCTwinJava, May 12, 2005.

1. HCTwinJava

HCTwinJava IncGamers Member

thrower rock or suck?

- if throwing all the time, every 1 or 2 min he has to TP back to repair his wpns, or at least has to swap them out.

- repairing cost can be pain over time, especially if he's running low on gold.

- if a wpn is eth (like unqiue ghost glaive), he can only prayer for its replenishing faster.

- a bowazon can keep firing after running out of arrows/bolts, because arrows/bolts drop everywhere - Can you pick a stack of flying axe and add it to your throwing wpn?

- a javazon throws with skills - two packs of Titan's are more than enough for killing thousands of cows. And repairing cost is 1 gold each. In fact, 1 stack of eth titan's is usually enough most of the time.

- based on my own tries (including a couple types of cruel elite javelin), unique flying axe shows highest dmg with double throwing - 3.5k in town, roughly 5.0k if merc's might aura is active. But he can use it from lvl 70. What else can he use after lvl 80 that is better than that one? A thrower's dmg is capped at what he can reach at his level 70, right? Even if he can find a better wpn, the dmg difference (especially after speed is factored in) won't be much different, right? The only thing I'm not sure is how the piercing dagger works - b/c I haven't tried it yet.

anyway, what a pain!

Perhaps you are happier with your high lvl throwers. Mind throwing some tips?

2. blobs

blobs Banned

they suck, the display is bugged to show a damage that is about 4x as big as it actually is. also throwing weapons have some sort of bug that makes about half the projectiles do nothing at all.

finally theres another bug where if someone ww's a guy he cant be hit by projectiles.

throw is suck.

best thrower would be 2 lacerators combined with razortail belt, so the pierces causes more amp triggers and stuff. however the running-away on strike often cancels out the amp and this is very annoying espically since lacerator range is crap

3. HCTwinJava

HCTwinJava IncGamers Member

Good to know it's a buggy barb. Thanks.

4. Dad Daniel

Dad Daniel IncGamers Member

HAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHA
    I can continue laughing on this dumm things until releasing of Diablo III!!!
    HEHEHEHEH - THROW BABA -sux!!??!? HAHAHAHHAHA
    WHAT A STUPID ..... fellow - i don't know man but you statement is TOTALLY WRONG!!!!
    In the previous ladder my DOUBLE-THROW-ETH LACERATOR BARB was a killing machine!!!
    The displaed damage may have somekind of a bug, but because with my godly gear and ESPECIALLY GODLY MAX CHARMS i feeled myself all the time like a howithzer or something!!!
    Besides in the next ladder (if it comes soon) i will rebuild it and WILL PUT PRIDE on his merc AND FORTITUDE ARMOR on him (WIOTHOUT THEM HE WAS GODLY _ WITH THEM THERE WILL BE NO FREAK LIKE HIM).

I HAVE NEVER HEARD MORE STUPID ****-TALK RELATED WITH DIABLOIIX until its appearing!!!!
    HAHAHAHHAHAHA

5. xeyloderixed

xeyloderixed IncGamers Member

- throw barbs (at least mine were) have lots of base life. what this means is you do not need to have bo weapons on switch, so you can have 4x of whatever you are using, meaning you replenish 4x as fast. my own lacerators (my prefered weapon) usually breaks about 3-4 large groups, so 4x that weapon number means around 8-9. thats waaay over the 1-2 min mark you have.

- repair costs on replenish weapons are 1 gold per item.

- nothing you can really do with them eth weapons. thats why i never use eth ones.

- yes, if they are white and you are using the same stack. meaning if you were using throwing axes and you pick up a stack of throwing axes, the axes stack up to your original ones.

- yes, they do cap at whatever your main weapon lvl is, unless you dump all your extra points from further lvls into dex/str.

- as i said before, i like lacerators best, both for speed and mods. based on your numbers and my roughly 3.5k max with might, we do almost the same damage with amp on, but my merc does more than yours. and the pmh works wonders too, since throw barbs arent known for their killer damage. my current one reaches the 5.5 fps bp (i think thats right; 75 ias with lacerators) and that speed, even with the low damage, is good enough (at least i think it is, my old one had 5 fps throw and he did solo hell; my current one is at a2)

- this is all pvm btw, because i noticed the other posts were'nt/not exactly focused on pvm. like in pvm, you generally don't need to fire off screen (namelock etc) so the lacerator's range is fine.

6. morotsjos

morotsjos Banned

You're joking right?

7. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

never do that again

8. Dad Daniel

Joking?
    The throw barb is one of the best characters i have ever seen! I play diablo from a very long time(4 years as i can remeber) ?nd this barb i had on the previous ladder was a grave danger for all in the pvp's, and besides he was and good rusher and booster for the other characters.

9. Popo Ezness

Popo Ezness Banned

which realm are u on? NL or L? i like to duel him if ur interseted

10. Halciet

Halciet IncGamers Member

Dad Daniel - no more posts like that previous one, else I'll have to take administrative action against your account. That counts as spamming.

-Hal

11. arbing

arbing IncGamers Member

some players can play for MANY years and still don't know much about dueling, if you are interested i can show you how sucky a double thrower is, account name* arbing uswest nl if you are interested. or other people from this forum can show you :rolleyes:

12. Dad Daniel

1. I am on Europe server.
    2. GUZLEMATAnaBABA - (that was his name) is already dead....

13. Tastychiken_europe

Tastychiken_europe IncGamers Member

cool hal wave's his ban stick :D.
    seriously thrower's are kindah good, in PvM they are good and i never tested one PvP vise

14. morotsjos

morotsjos Banned

If you ever rebuild one on NL (or after this ladder expires) I can show you exactly why they are pathetic in pvp.
    I can use my nonblock, 6kdef barb, my 14% block 3k life ghettodruid or my ghettosmiter. Whatever I use I promise the duels will be VERY onesided.

15. arbing

arbing IncGamers Member

now that i think about it, double throw is like a much weaker version of guilded arrow. less damage, shorter range, doesnt track, needs AR.

16. Lazy_BerZerker

Lazy_BerZerker Banned

greater speed

17. Wrathchild

Wrathchild IncGamers Member

eth rators/ww hybrid is according to many the best char there is :O

you dude, who said its worse than guided arrow. less dmg? with the amplify triggered, a thrower can hit up to 10k dmg, not including deadly strike.
    plus a barb is 10 times stronger, and can do nice ww dmg especially with the amp on.

18. Dad Daniel

Absolutely right!

19. Lazy_BerZerker

Lazy_BerZerker Banned

he just compared it skill wise I guess... or then he would be totally wrong ;) I guess he thought about it like this:
    GA = always hits, so that beats the AR boots from DT
    GA = +% ED pr. level so that's why he thought it would do greater damage

I guess that's about it :D

20. Wrathchild

Wrathchild IncGamers Member

maybe, but in effect, throw > ga IMO.
    good throwers are really rare though..