Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

throw damage bug

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by Left Arm, Mar 17, 2004.

1. Left Arm

Left Arm Banned

throw damage bug

tested on single player with lvl 99 barb

got a few hundred thousand AR, set players to 8, gave myself 20 throw mastery, 20 sword mastery, 100% deadly strike, 500% item based ed, 200 str/dex.

screwed around with weapon ED until ww damage was about 2400-4800 and double throw damage was about 4600 - 8800

each whirl hits a zombie 2 times.

according to the displayed damage, a double throw, both hitting, should do roughtly twice as much damage as a single ww.

test results against zombie: each double throw hit took off I-I health, while each ww hit took off I---I health. Ended up 2-3 wws kills a zombie, and it takes about 16 knives total to kill the zombie.

since knives are supposed to be doing twice as much as the ww per hit, somethings gotta be wrong.

The hits were SEEN due to the 100% deadly strike causing the gold sparkle to come out. no mistake there. same results happened with concentrate attack at the same damage.

not an AR issue, since i had a few hundred thousand, and saw the hits connecting and doing damage.

i think the problem is similar to sorc fire mastery bug with enchant, where the fire damage is muliplied twice by the mastery. however, in this case its only on display, and the actual damage in fact sucks.

too bad for throw barbs..

2. Rascargil

Rascargil IncGamers Member

aw, crap -_- my first barb in east

3. Xiamet

Xiamet IncGamers Member

I encountered similiar results with a SP Throwbarb...

The damage results were seriously out of sync with what was displayed in my stat window. I even tested it in melee, though with conc, not WW. Throw damage was seriously lacking, which is why I've not bothered to bring this build to the realms.

If this is a bonafide bug, Blizzard really needs to address this.

-X

4. Left Arm

Left Arm Banned

yea, cause my hybrid throw/ww barb did 13k throw, 6k whril, but the whirl was WAY stronger, so i thought to test

5. moi

moi IncGamers Member

The 7th commandment:

7. Thou shall not trust thine LCS.

6. eon

eon IncGamers Member

u sure its not a display bug?
    whats the damage of your whirl weapon and throwing weapon?
    and also... 13k seems really unrealistic...

7. Mercy

Mercy IncGamers Member

13k throw is not unrealistic. I dont know if left arm had 39 320's and an anny, depending on the wep 500% ed is a crap load of damage for the item. Then 200 dex is like adding alot to damage. Id say no 13k is not unrealistic.

I was kinda thinkin something is wrong too. I have a throw barb and i throw more damage than i do in my ww, but the ww kills people more than me throwing =(

8. sir goatscelot

sir goatscelot IncGamers Member

Lol I have been waiting for someone to figure this out. I too have noticed some double throw annomalies. The dmg just ain't happening. When it takes 10 dt's to kill a non phys immune unique zombie(no not stoneskin) in the blood moor with 3k average dmg, something is amiss lol.

9. Xiamet

Xiamet IncGamers Member

Anyone logged into the forums over at Bnet? if so...mind alerting the folks over at blizzard to this problem?

-X

10. Rascargil

Rascargil IncGamers Member

yeah damn it. i plan to get my barb up and throwin

11. sir goatscelot

It could be the next/hit delay bug? Cannot say for sure. If the second weapon follows too close to the first, then what actually happens is it only hits once? The animation may look like 2 hits but only 1 counts? Just guessing..

12. DeathsHand

DeathsHand IncGamers Member

well if been playing my barb for the last month or so and have also used a sword/throw hybrid for over a year and neither have problems with dmg.

i do only 7.5k max dmg using only lacerators and i can see im definatly hitting twice per double throw, maybe this is a single player bug or u realm players just have low AR?

13. sir goatscelot

It appears to be bug with the LCS(lying char screen) It is displaying incorrect values. If you calculate manually, you will have the correct dmg. Bottom line is DT was not really boosted alot in 1.10, as we thought it was, and should be because of the monster hp increase.

14. StrikexForce

StrikexForce IncGamers Member

dt did too much dmg in 09, just blizz's way of saying F YOU! lol